Putting up Cameras in Cabarete

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
one would think that even perpetually perplexed pinheads of positivism would know that just installing cameras is a senseless gesture if there is no money invested in transfer/storage of data and the maintenance of the equipment.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Yup but that did not negate the great quote "nattering nabobs of negativity". Did not like the man at all but I love the quote.
Ya and "I am not a crook" was an equally popular, yet ineffective qoute from his boss who though reviled as a usurper of power, was not acting on his own behalf.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Six months from now the same people who installed the camera's will be posting up reward signs for anyone who
can offer information about the person(s) who vandalized them.

or stole them...but usually cams are mounted high up... most cant get them and the cost is high because the wires have to be covered. a permanent install...galvanized pipe. races etc...

david_

Dec 8, 2012
I asked for opinions on it and gave mine and you make personal attacks for no reason. You're unbelievably arrogant since you're personally attack people on this thread who you disagree with. Your time will come, not a question of if, just when. That's how life works.

Don't let it bother you too much, he's one of those "I live here and you don't so I know everything". He spouts that off and the funny thing is, he really doesn't even live there. Haha

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Without knowing how many cameras they want to install it is hard to know the cost and potential problems. The DVR's hold more and more memory for less money. It is not that hard to have a DVR that would hold for a period of 30 days. If you are talking about permanent storage that is different issue. But I would think it would record for some many days and if nothing major was reported it would erase and be recorded over again.

If installed high enough I think they would be safe from vandalism. There are already cameras there.

david_

Dec 8, 2012
I agree with everyone who thinks this is a stupid idea. Better idea would be for the pro camera guys and Leon to wear body cams while they are there. At least the cameras won't be stolen or vandalized.