Quick Weekend Getaway to Santiago

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Them it sounds like I will miss all the fun in Saturday in Santiago, I will landing in Santiago at 4 AM on Sunday morning my novia was telling Anthony Santos is also playing in Santiago that night.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
some people tell the waitor to bring brugal in a black label JW bottle. So they look classy drinking it with coke. Hahahaha. its true.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Yes, it happens in many bars and waitors know what clients want. This happen in bars where they will serve you half bottle of rum or whiskey. For example you are in local bar and you want to order 1/2 bottle of rum, just tell the waitor to bring the small bottle of brugal but put it in a small empty bottle of black label JW. He will do just that. Remember, people who are drinking JW black with coke are actually drinking brugal.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
white one of NEW YORK: how about this....forget about what anyone else is drinking and just order what YOU want.....who even cares if the next table is drinking water out of the JW Blue bottle or not..

you order what you want...when you drink it I am sure it will be what you asked for...the waiters want big tips....

if you tip them right off on the first round when you pay then ask to run up a tab, after that...you SHOULD get good service...

just know they do charge bu the bottle way too much....but that happens almost anywhere.

I went to a place in santiago where they have Graduations to see hector Acosta..a bottle of JW Blacks was about 3,000 pesos!!!!

it is typed out on the "menu" they have....JW blue is 9.900 pesos!!!

a presidente is 130 pesos...probably the best deal there !!

good luck'

bob

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Here is a tip. If you catch Bob drinking JW blue with a coke and a lemon slice, then you can safely assume that its most likey ,mmm you know. hahahaha
AZB
Sorry bob I had to give away your secret.

Sep 19, 2005
ha ha ha.....I HATE scotch!!

so if you see a scotch bottle in front of me then YOU KNOW it has something else in it!! ha ha ha

I would have never thought of the switcheroony...but some how AZB "discovered" it... ha ha ha

bad bob

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
I'm a simple man, I'm usually drink either Barcelo or Presidente. To be exclusive, maybe I'll drink my Presidente out of a Miller Lite bottle, hahaha...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If you guys catch with a fine looking elegant chick, well, maybe just maybe she might be a chopa from the inside. hahahaha. me so funny today.
AZB

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
Someone from my office mentioned to me that Santiago is under some alert for a storm, is this the case? I see a good forecast for this weekend. Maybe they were referring to the damage from Noel or Olga? did this impact Santiago?

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
Excuse my hasty post from before. I have been reading the reports on the trouble caused by Olga. Does anybody recommend postponing my trip? A few Dominicans here in the states had told me now is definitely NOT the time to go, but I don't listen to anybody, of course...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Of course not. The city is hurt but recovering. The areas that were damaged were those along the river banks, probably areas that you would never visit in the first place.
HB

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
Now for the most important question... I'm landing around 1 AM on Friday night (Saturday Morning), I assume I'll get to Aloha Sol around 2 AM or so, where's a good local place to get a beer at that time, without doing the club thing?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
without the club thing??

Now for the most important question... I'm landing around 1 AM on Friday night (Saturday Morning), I assume I'll get to Aloha Sol around 2 AM or so, where's a good local place to get a beer at that time, without doing the club thing?

Your hotel room will be stocked with beer, wine and liquor.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007

La Zona Monumental will be a great place to grab a beer that late at night.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
By the time you get to your room and all, it will be after 2am and bars close down. So go to gran Almirante hotel and go inside to Cosmopolitan bar. Its an after hour bar.
AZB