Quick Weekend Getaway to Santiago

Sep 19, 2005
Glad you enjoyed the game.

do you know if any of the players made the concert after the game??

as far as getting that erie feeling that you werent welcome...too bad,

i get a lot fo looks , but i interpret tham as curious...seems like me and my girl fit in most places......we talk to people everywhere we go.

I see so many girls that seem to be dying to dance......that I think they would accept an offer from anyone.

I see big slobs of a guy ask chicks to dance and they always say yes.

as for customs...I have made 24 trips in 2.5 years and I have never been asked confrontational questions....i usually fly through customs and only once did they look through my bag.

the intital officer marks your ticket if they are going to check your bag....

twice i got stuck becuse of a criminal with my name.....

but it had nothing to do with where I went and what for..

and i am as white as they come....

I think you just got a littel bad luck there.

if you like dancing so much you may have to change venues...and go to teh north coast......

or go with a group of dominican buddies...but the truth is even with the group, you will be the white guy they are trying to hook up with someone!!!!in their minds anyway!

bob

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
I just didn't/don't want to be labeled as a sex tourist, that's all. Please, I'm in love here in the states (Dominican woman of course, haha), even though she doesn't feel the same. Anyway, I digress. This is why I say I'd like to come back with a friend next time. Besides, I'm in my mid 20's, too early to be thought of as a creepy old man, haha.

Since I didn't make the concert on Saturday, I'm not sure if any players went, but I'm assuming they did since they kept advertising it over the loudspeakers at the stadium. I wound up seeing a great Merengue cover band at Montezuma and then Krisspy made an appearance as well. On Sunday when I saw Zacarias Ferreira, I didn't see any players. I know they were in La Romana that day playing the Toros, so who knows if they came back.

I also realize I just got stuck with a jerk customs agent.. once again, no big deal. Certainly won't deter me from traveling again.

And thanks AZB... I'm looking into coming back for part of the Serie del Caribe in Feb, it all depends on if I can take off of work, and if I can persuade any friends to go.