Really ****ty DR day! UPDATE AND QUESTION

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You are very wrong....in addition....jail here is no fun at any age......maybe should visit sometime and then revise your opinion here......

I would never paint myself into a corner like you have ..with no door out ..
but that is not the point .

Good People with Real Life experiences here are trying to give you good advice.
See previous Posts .
But you have already plotted your Course , with no deviation allowed ..

So if you are not looking for Strategy of Advice from anyone ,then you are only in need of a Lawyer ...and lots more money ..
Which I guess is better than no plan at all ..

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Bad very bad boy!

Hormones and testosterone at their fines here but they will not get you nothing but jail time in the DR, and actually any other place.

Has nothing to do with being a bad ass and everything to do with patience, calmness and making the correct decision. It suck not being able to see your kid yet still having to pay for child support but, that's just the way it goes - at least for now.

Being emotional, irrational and showing "balls" would lead the OP straight to jail and from there he won't be able to do nothing but to be far behind in child support, get a record and now what?

OP,

The only person that would go to jail and perhaps lose the chance to be with your kids is you - if you make an irrational, emotional, bad ass, macho man stupid decision. Nobody else will carry the burden but you - chose and seek advise wisely.

Thank you so much for your understanding.......a true voice of reason....trust me.....I have visited Najayo and La Victoria several times.......Not nice at all.....these macho guys would cry for their Mami in 3 seconds flat.......Unless they carry a suitcase full of cash to buy themselves some time of survival......

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Dude I agree with the others. Gtfo of the D.R. and stop the payments. Send the payments to your lawyer and when its resolved fly back. This isnt rocket science if you're an expat. You're not going to be extradited. Stop the payments. You already know the kids aren't seeing the money anyway. So what's the point of paying?

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Dude I agree with the others. Gtfo of the D.R. and stop the payments. Send the payments to your lawyer and when its resolved fly back. This isnt rocket science if you're an expat. You're not going to be extradited. Stop the payments. You already know the kids aren't seeing the money anyway. So what's the point of paying?

Job/Income wise I can not leave here right now......not an option atm....

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

Has anyone EVER heard of an Expat being Extradited to the DR for Child support ... EVER ..
maybe I missed it ..
the OP seems 100% he will be , and will ten go to jail, where as he explains to us we all would be crying for our Mommies .. ?
um.. ok,, we get it ..

But im just as confused ..

Or maybe they took away his Passport, or there are other reasons why he cant even leave the country .. ??

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Has anyone EVER heard of an Expat being Extradited to the DR for Child support ... EVER ..
maybe I missed it ..
the OP seems 100% he will be , and will ten go to jail, where as he explains to us we all would be crying for our Mommies .. ?
um.. ok,, we get it ..

But im just as confused ..

Or maybe they took away his Passport, or there are other reasons why he cant even leave the country .. ??

No one took my Passport and no one will Extradite me....I am a long term Dominican Resident living full time in the DR......

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Youd make more money in the D.R. than in the states? That's makes no sense at all.

It does not have to make sense....I am also not from the USA as stated earlier.......My business affairs really have nothing to do with the children scenario.....

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
https://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/162495-Really-****ty-DR-day!

Are you even being honest with us? I mean you went through hell just a couple years ago and the kid is 17 a couple years ago

Nevermind I see there is 3 kids but something is fishy here

Dominican jail cant be all that bad..
Post #37 in that thread was from INSIDE JAIL, according to POTUS ..
and he was thirsty..

Well, I know now if I am ever in a Dominican Jail and Thirsty, first thing I'm gonna do is Log onto DR1

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Dominican jail cant be all that bad..
Post #37 in that thread was from INSIDE JAIL, according to POTUS ..
and he was thirsty..

Well, I know now if I am ever in a Dominican Jail and Thirsty, first thing I'm gonna do is Log onto DR1

I was in a police station over night....never booked into an actual prison here.....and even that short, short stint was very bad.......not a nice experience at all....
Even Dominicans refer to the jails here as hell.......visit sometimes...it will be an eye opener.....But, my post was not regarding Jail, My profession or blatantly violating DR Law.......I guess all that could be said was said......Thank you for your good advise and well wishes......

Last edited:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Based on potus' post above, he has heard all the advices and opinions he needs to hear.

Do what you think is best and come back and let us know how things are going.

Let's put this one on hold for a few.

I will open up again when potus wants to update.

Buena suerte......

Last edited: