rebellion in DR?

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Now that I know what dv8 looks like, all I need is a photo of Africaida. I bet she's hot, too!

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
wow.. polish women have a distinct look, you look just like my grandmother when she was younger.. eery

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
I would rather chew on broken glass than meet this lovely ray of sunshine "dv8".
\

I would just like to watch you chew on broken glass.

DV8 I like the blue. goes well with your hot bod. The flowery one didnt show well in that pic

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Lookin' good!!!! BTW... you look much younger than I thought you were based on various discussions here!

Jan 3, 2003
You're beautiful DV8 in a land of so many ugly people, LOL. Just kidding everyone in the DR is beautiful. I enjoy your posts alot. You're real funny and offer a peculiar brand of advice which only someone from Poland could give whatever that means. You have to be a natural born rebel. How else would someone from Poland end up in the DR. How many Poles would ever decide to live in the DR? How many Poles have even heard of the DR? You are unique in that. I never met anyone from Poland living in the DR. Now the thought patrol will come out and state how many tens of thousands of Poles live in the DR.

The world is a strange place. You are not Dominican and live and love the DR. I along with many other tens of thousands of Dominicans and probably many more could care less if we ever live again in the DR. I do not feel a calling to live there nor really care about visiting it yearly. Who knows maybe ten years may pass before I go back. I just don't feel it anymore. All that's left is DR1, some family and some business which all three can be done via the net and the phone. No need to travel there. It's a big world out there with many more destinations.

So DV8 keep up the good work and keep the humor coming. Don't change. You've got one admirer here and reader of your posts. You are unique in your own peculiar form. Enjoy the DR. Keep lashing back at the norms which would change you into an antique of outmoded and Horacio Vazquezesque norms-LOL. That's the past and you represent the future of the DR. Yourself, Chip and those like you are super-positive concerning the DR and its potential. You and those like you are more Dominican than myself and many tens of thousands more. Coral Gables and many parts of South Florida are so comfortable and virtually crime free.

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
wooww :cross-eye:cross-eye:cross-eye:cross-eye anything suits you, que bella mujer, your husband is the luckiest guy on the island:cool: jejeje
JT

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
I laughed my ass off at your rant. I agree that fashion is in the eye of the beholder. Weddings are funny, in that, it is not about you or your mother-in-law. It's the bride and grooms day. I think parents sometimes forget this. In the states there seems to be a wide range of dressing etiquitte in what to wear to a wedding. I don't think anyone really cares as long as you are dressed. However, in a country that takes its ceremonys seriously you might want to consider going a little more formal. If you want to rebel than don't where any underwear. Of course, I am a man and what do I know?

LTSteve

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Her husband made her post the pictures to show off how beautiful she is.

2zomamc.jpg

R

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you all for compliments :)

actually my rant was a righteous one: i argued for the sake of a short dress based on the low probability of all women wearing long dresses. i just could not see it happen. and it turns out i WAS correct: plenty of ladies at both weddings wearing short cocktail dresses.
and the best thing? my sister in law asked me to wear a long gown for family pictures. and i did not get to pose for any because towards the end of the church ceremony i had to leave with miesposo to close the pharmacy and wrap up the business. not even one picture with us :)

and i also realize now how shocking our wedding was for miesposo's family. no church. no dominican cake. no photos at all. no white dress. no suit and tie. :bunny:

ps LTSteve, you got it right. i had no underwear with the blue dress :) it was too open in some places and too tight in others to fit anything but a tiny thong. :D:D:cool:

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Mama's got a squeeze box
She wears on her chest
And when tuesposo comes home
He never gets no rest

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Dv8, I always read and like your posts, you look like I had imagined you, you are a great lady and great job looking after the sick kitty

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
DV8,
You could have gone in shorts and flip-flops because you are a beautiful person inside and out! I want to say keep rebelling but I have to tell you that blue sequin dress was very elegant, and you made it 100X's more elegant. The floral dress was pretty, but I don't think it did you any justice... You are sexy, flaunt it!!

Now you described me as I am plane jane for sure and I laughed through your post (first time reading it today).. I always think if I look "different" it's exactly what these Dominicans expect from our crazy gringo selves. lol.. BUT I don't know if your Dominican family is like my exes.. My ex inlaws always wanted me looking my best, cause I was the famous gringa that married their son.. I remember when I was 16 here on mission trips (was dating their son) and they would stop me everyday after "work" (Workboots, sweat, etc.. we were building an orphanage) and have the shoe shiner shining my workboots. I was the only gringa in the group of gringos who had clean boots when I left and arrived at the worksite.. hahaha.. It's like we may represent them..

My new inlaws are totally not like that.. They don't care if I wear flipflops to a wedding... lol.. they could care less about what others think, etc.. But I know they are not the "norm" (I don't think anyway..) Great pictures! Loved reading it!! Next picture, the guy chewing the broken glass please ;)