Red Air - a new Dominican airline

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I have taken DC-3s many times from Ft. Pierce, FL to Cap Haitien. Not pressurized but never had any issues, except once with turbulence from hell and a panicked woman.
The difference being that cabin. Aircraft have a cyclic period of pressurization. How many times it can go through it before metal fatigue become a problem. Decades ago windows were square. Cracks began at the corners, resulting in some dramstic loses of aircraft and passangers.
We live and learn, or if we live we learn.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not all 747's flying are 30 years old. They're still in production. Most airlines retired them because they're not as fuel efficient as the newer two engine Airbus and Boeing models.
I never knew they were still in production until I saw an article last week about them putting the finishing touches on the last one to be produced.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They will end up as any other Dominican airline before them, with their license revoked due to unpaid airport fees, unpaid fuel, etc.
Is that how all of the other ones went under?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Shouldn't this thread be in the Airlines Info. forum?

Last edited:

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Hey the B-52 is still in service. They say it cost 2000 dollars a minute to operate. Sounds like a bargain.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Great. So in summary we have an airline started by another airline that has a history of engine failures. Flying planes which are 5 years past their "use by" date, which every other airline has stopped using. Started in the middle of a pandemic when even 100 year old airlines are struggling to survive. And a name which is synonymous with making a loss. What could possibly go wrong?
Go wrong... just the name Venezuelan is a good clue.....

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Pretty much. You can only last so long with the “ I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today” mind set.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I also heard that a lot of them went under because of the "Do you know who I am, I don't pay for hamburgers" mentality.

• Haha
Reactions: Africaida

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
this airline is to bring passengers from Caracas to Miami, now Laser bring them only to SDQ and then transfers to SwiftAir, with RED they will fly them on both segments on their aircrafts.