Reduced reduced CV19 Deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
You posted a link about those disputing the study. My response was not about you, it was about the link that disputed the study.
Why was that difficult for you to understand.
You should get somebody to explain your post to you because it contains nothing about the study's flaws stated in the article.

Reactions: It wasn't me

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You posted a link about those disputing the study. My response was not about you, it was about the link that disputed the study.

As for CV19, it is time to move on. Those that want to shelter in place can do so forever and ever because that is how long CV19 will be around.
I hope those people that "shelter in place" continue to do so. Those that cling to that and the mask mandate are political freaks that no one wants to be around anyway. I still chuckle when I see the occasional freak walking down the beach solo with a mask on.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You should get somebody to explain your post to you because it contains nothing about the study's flaws stated in the article.
I personally do not care about the studies flaws. The conclusion of the original study is something I agree with.
I make my own decisions based upon this and how the world MUST move forward:

Masks are not effective at stopping the latest versions of CV19, like Omicron which is VERY contagious.
The vaccines do no kill CV19 of any type. People can still pass infections and some even become sick when vaccinated.
Hence, CV19 will continue to mutate , most likely becoming more virulent and perhaps less deadly.
Virtually everyone will become infected. Perhaps after infection treatments, like the new pills, will reduce the levels of sickness and deaths.

The lockdowns, wearing masks and the vaccines?
None of them stopped CV19. All of this means CV19 is not going anywhere and we must learn now to live with this.
Those who don't want a chance of getting CV19 will have to isolate themselves FOREVER.

• Sad

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
So your response was about the link, even though it failed to address the substance of the link.
Perhaps your thought process is clouded by your tunnel vision.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So your response was about the link, even though it failed to address the substance of the link.
Perhaps your thought process is clouded by your tunnel vision.
My thought process is "clouded" by clear thinking.

I presented my case, Dispute what I said. Those statements are the result of my conclusions on this pandemic now endemic.

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
My thought process is "clouded" by clear thinking.

I presented my case, Dispute what I said. Those statements are the result of my conclusions on this pandemic now endemic.
It's too bad you are so stubbornly thick because you do make a lot of sense.

I simply suggested that the study was flawed, and you got defensive.
Now you don't care.

It wasn't me

Banned
Jan 1, 2022
location, location, location
Locking everyone down and providing vaccines that cannot kill the virus while the vaccinated can still spread the virus provide a sure fire mechanism for the virus to mutate over a longer period of time.

If lockdowns really worked, the pandemic would have ended and spectators could actually attend the Olympics. Lockdowns do slow the spread and cause major economic harm along with providing more time for mutations. Trade offs that governments will need to consider, except for China since China is into full lockdowns.

Nobody is going to tolerate lockdowns like the Chinese do with their continuing no tolerance policy.
Eventually virtually everyone that is susceptible will get CV19. Anything else is trying to stop the inevitable.

GoFundMe just pulled the Canadian Truckers funds who want CV19 restrictions stopped now in the Great White North.
The economic harm is a direct result of a minority of people putting themselves above everyone else, ignoring mask wearing and isolation requests and otherwise contributing to the growth and length of the epidemic. If the Governments had taken things more seriously, earlier and had enforced the measures taken we might have already been to a point where we could lighten up on protective measure. Since that's not the case we're where we are with no light at the end of the tunnel.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
My information is not flawed. I will not stop speaking the truth.

The vaccines do not kill the virus and masks as they are worn are not very effective in stopping Omicron transmission.

It is time to move on.

Disagree with those statements do you?

Windy, I've lost track of how many times this guy has been banned. Personally, I would ignore him.

Or just use the laughing emoj at whatever he says. Then you're accurate.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Someone has a different angle and/or belief than you and wont kiss azz and you want them banned. You must be from China
Nope, just a liberal.
Science and the medical community, people that actually have a clue and the credentials and experience to back it up disagree with what you keep repeating ad nauseum. Why you have not been "encouraged" by the ownership and mods to tone it down if not stop is beyond comprehension. I hope that changes soon ;)

Virtually all of you naysayers have no business spouting off the nonsense you do. That you don't know it or don't care speaks for itself.
What part of Windeguy's statement is factual incorrect.

• Sad

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
The China virus ain't going nowhere.

Fearful people who are still willing to comply with lockdowns and neverending experimental shots should just stay home at this point and let the rest of us live our lives.

• Sad

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It's too bad you are so stubbornly thick because you do make a lot of sense.

I simply suggested that the study was flawed, and you got defensive.
Now you don't care.
You mistake my response for being on the defense. For that to happen, I would have to actually care about what other people "think".
I don't. I use my own judgement after seeing what has happened over 2 years.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The economic harm is a direct result of a minority of people putting themselves above everyone else, ignoring mask wearing and isolation requests and otherwise contributing to the growth and length of the epidemic. If the Governments had taken things more seriously, earlier and had enforced the measures taken we might have already been to a point where we could lighten up on protective measure. Since that's not the case we're where we are with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Your statements are easily refuted by one simple statement by Dr Fauci that virtually everyone will get Omicron. Nothing you mention above would have or will change this simple thing.

I do agree that if the Chinese government had not worked on CV19, it would not have escaped from WIV at the end of 2019.

It is obvious there will never be any light at the end of your tunnel.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Science and the medical community, people that actually have a clue and the credentials and experience to back it up disagree with what you keep repeating ad nauseum. Why you have not been "encouraged" by the ownership and mods to tone it down if not stop is beyond comprehension. I hope that changes soon ;)

Virtually all of you naysayers have no business spouting off the nonsense you do. That you don't know it or don't care speaks for itself.
Obviously your statements are simply opinion and are not based in facts at all. Please challenge one of the things I stated as being false.

Let us start very simply with two, let's make three, questions.

Do you think vaccines can stop the virus?

Do you think masks can stop the spread of Omicron?

Do you dispute Dr Fauci that Omicron will infect virtually everyone?

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Windy, I've lost track of how many times this guy has been banned. Personally, I would ignore him.

Or just use the laughing emoj at whatever he says. Then you're accurate.
I thought the laughing face meant you we’re laughing WITH me 😢

It wasn't me

Banned
Jan 1, 2022
Obviously your statements are simply opinion and are not based in facts at all. Please challenge one of the things I stated as being false.

The vaccines may not stop the virus but they are very useful in minimizing deaths, ICU bed use and minimizing the effects of Omicron. You're a hell of a lot better off being fully vaccinated, wearing proper masks and continuing to social distance.

You're cherry-picking and taking things out of context as usual. N95 types are best, surgical masks are almost as good in most cases and it's most cloth masks that are not so useful, unless of course they are augmented with multiple layers and filters.

You really seem to get off on being an alarmist and contrarian and you're clearly not as wise, savvy or smart as you like to project ;)

It wasn't me

Banned
Jan 1, 2022

You you really think that vaccines reducing the likelihood of death, hospitalization and severity of the effects of Covid are not enough to vaxx everyone that will take the shots?

Proper masks obviously help, a lot, or else medical and scientific staff would not use as much protection as possible. I have lots of relatives and in-laws on the frontlines and they would think you're silly assertions to be monstrously stupid.

Getting Omicron while vaccinated increases your chances immensely.

MoAAIUM.gif

NEXT!

• Sad
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You you really think that vaccines reducing the likelihood of death, hospitalization and severity of the effects of Covid are not enough to vaxx everyone that will take the shots?

Proper masks obviously help, a lot, or else medical and scientific staff would not use as much protection as possible. I have lots of relatives and in-laws on the frontlines and they would think you're silly assertions to be monstrously stupid.

Getting Omicron while vaccinated increases your chances immensely.

MoAAIUM.gif

NEXT!
You answered one out of three.

• Sad

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

The vaccines may not stop the virus but they are very useful in minimizing deaths, ICU bed use and minimizing the effects of Omicron. You're a hell of a lot better off being fully vaccinated, wearing proper masks and continuing to social distance.
At least you realize the vaccines don't stop the virus, So there is progress on that front. Get vaccinated every month, wear an N95 mask even to bed and never leaver your house is what I recommend for you.
You're cherry-picking and taking things out of context as usual. N95 types are best, surgical masks are almost as good in most cases and it's most cloth masks that are not so useful, unless of course they are augmented with multiple layers and filters.
No masks as they are worn by most people will stop the spread of Omicron. It is that contagious. What context did you miss?
The one where people properly wear a new N95 mask every day? Perhaps in hospitals and that is what YOU do? Virtually not anywhere else.
You really seem to get off on being an alarmist and contrarian and you're clearly not as wise, savvy or smart as you like to project ;)
I am simply following the reality of the situation. Nothing more. Please respond point by point if you disagree instead of vague generalities. CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. It is time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.