Reparations To Developing Nations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Nal0whs said:
Really?! Well, I guess I can't please everyone!

BTW, I don't consider myself to know everything. I just happen to know about much of the stuff being said on this board. If you notice, I don't even respond in 3/4 of all the threads on DR1! But, I do my research before putting ideas forward. And about you thinking of my way of thinking as being arrogant, then I guess I can't please the entire world!

NalOwhs-----
I think what they're trying to tell you is that many of your posts contain a great deal of subjective analysis, which appears to you like it is objective!
Additionally, you DO come across in a very marked arrogant and condescending manner when someone takes you to task about certain posts.
You ARE guilty of leaving the impression that what you say is irrefutably correct, regardless of opinions and data expressed to the contrary.
Lighten up a little on blowing your own horn so much and offering self-analytical resume's.
We ALL like to have a good opinion of ourselves, but there re times when you go overboard.
Just a word of caution. And I do like many of your posts, regardless.

Texas Bill

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Texas Bill said:
NalOwhs-----
I think what they're trying to tell you is that many of your posts contain a great deal of subjective analysis, which appears to you like it is objective!
Additionally, you DO come across in a very marked arrogant and condescending manner when someone takes you to task about certain posts.
You ARE guilty of leaving the impression that what you say is irrefutably correct, regardless of opinions and data expressed to the contrary.
Lighten up a little on blowing your own horn so much and offering self-analytical resume's.
We ALL like to have a good opinion of ourselves, but there re times when you go overboard.
Just a word of caution. And I do like many of your posts, regardless.

Texas Bill

So, I defend what I post and the other posters are defending what they posted. That's why the threads grow so much under a debate when I'm included in it. People want me to succumb to THEIR ideas. I just put forth my ideas and that is it. Then I defend them when people want me to succumb to their own. And if that is not the case, why do people keep mentioning what they believe is happening in a given situation when ever I post something and what I say doesn't go according to the way they see things?

It does go both ways.

Everybody thinks they are right, hence we live in the chaotic world we do live in. I have tried to modify my way of thinking a bit, but people on this board want me to change completely. They want me to say that I am Anti-American, that I only believe in what I say, etc. I never see myself in such position and I never try to be such thing. I just put forth what my interpretation of the world is. Others do the same, but they just keep going because they want to change MY point of view of things. Like I said before, it goes both ways.

The only difference is that I am in many threads conversing with many people trying to change my way of thinking constantly. That's all.

NalOwhs

Stand by your convictions even if I don't agree with everything you say.
You don't have to suck up to anybody. Maybe you appear a bit less credible, but make sure you provide more objective proof with your arguments.

You don't need to toot your horn to validate yourself, just state the facts that can be referenced. People always want that information about other people in a debate when the debate gets heated. Then the name calling begins, then they start calling you arrogant, or a chip on your sholder when you provide evidence they either did not know, or was too lazy to look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.