Reputation System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Well put and very true. the problem is people use their own agendas against others and the hide behind the "freedom of conscience"

Or their user name !

I am having a great weekend, hope you loyal readers are as well !

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The rep system won't work if...

1)...there are people abusing it to orchestrate petty vendettas against a certain poster or posters they do not like or...

2)...the comments left are obnoxious and mean-spirited.

So I ask with all due respect what the issue is now going forward, since Robert has already addressed this in no uncertain terms.

S

sokitoumi

at least someone else is on the naughty step this time
2083-250x250.gif

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
The gray cube rules.........
mr5qc2.gif

Speaking of which.........

A new poster coming to DR1 looking for advice, knowledge or opinion is surely one that should be allowed to give positive rep points for info received, if they should wish to do so?

It seems strange that they are not allowed to award points until later on and yet it is the first impressions that count I would have thought.

:ermm:

Rio

S

sokitoumi

its going to be a bit quiet round these parts if only one person can give advice lol

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Speaking of which.........

A new poster coming to DR1 looking for advice, knowledge or opinion is surely one that should be allowed to give positive rep points for info received, if they should wish to do so?

It seems strange that they are not allowed to award points until later on and yet it is the first impressions that count I would have thought.

:ermm:

Rio

Just curious but you do know what gray is in this rep system.

S

sokitoumi

but one doesnt know if they were trying to give good or bad reputation- a slight failure in the system

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
apostropheman....not where I was going. Gray also means a disabled reputation system. Dolores is in that category. From day one that is what I had requested from Robert but was rejected because I am not an administrator. Pretty much sums up what I feel about the system.

Last edited:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I thought blue was disabled and gray was when a person hadn't earned enough kudos to award points.........

A

apostropheman

No idea about staff/admins/mods but for the rest of us here is what Robert posted:

One yellow square
reputation_pos.gif
is given for every 100 reputation points.

From 500 points on, one bright green square
reputation_highpos.gif
is given for every 200 reputation points.

One red square
reputation_neg.gif
is given for every 100 negative reputation points.

From 500 negative points on, one bright red square
reputation_highneg.gif
is given for every 200 negative reputation points.

If a user has 0 reputation points, a gray square
reputation_balance.gif
is displayed.
I don't see anything about blue nor do I remember seeing a blue square but who knows...things get changed with this system all the time ;):bunny::bunny:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
No idea about staff/admins/mods but for the rest of us here is what Robert posted:

Thanks for that Apos'

That is what I was basing my post on when I said about new posters - not that they had disabled their rep status........

Someone is trying to catch me out, it seems!

;)

Rio

Status
Not open for further replies.