Residencial Hispaniola in Sosua

kcdmps

Dec 6, 2014
Residential Hispaniola management has several house designs that they can build for you. From reading the information at their website, it looks like they have the connections and the expertise to do a quality job.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Residential Hispaniola management has several house designs that they can build for you. From reading the information at their website, it looks like they have the connections and the expertise to do a quality job.

One should not believe everything they read. In the DR, far less is to be believed than where I came from where there are sometimes actual consequences for incorrect statements.

kcdmps

Dec 6, 2014
One should not believe everything they read. In the DR, far less is to be believed than where I came from where there are sometimes actual consequences for incorrect statements.

Have you been to Residencial Hispaniola? You have to exercise due diligence obviously; but they come across as one of the better builders.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
"Coming across as" and actually being are two completely different things in this country. Seldom the two shall meet.

Basically the issue is that the people making the promises are not the same people who have to deliver on them. Ie the sales office can no more build a house than a plumber here knows how and when to lay down weeping tile. With no standards to adhere to, most dwellings end up of with a few peculiar quirks either in design, functionality or both.

kcdmps

Dec 6, 2014
"Coming across as" and actually being are two completely different things in this country. Seldom the two shall meet.

Basically the issue is that the people making the promises are not the same people who have to deliver on them. Ie the sales office can no more build a house than a plumber here knows how and when to lay down weeping tile. With no standards to adhere to, most dwellings end up of with a few peculiar quirks either in design, functionality or both.

"Coming across as" is the same as "actually being."

But let's not get into semantics.

It looks like you have never been to the development. They have already built many beautiful homes there and have the capability to build you one just like ones already there. They adhere to their own high standards. Personally I think they are overpriced but if you are a rich guy....

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Deflect, deflect, deflect. I live in Sosua. I know two people who own in R. Hispaniola. We have on three occasions sat around the pool talking about the construction in that place. Can you say the same?

There are always issues. Some small, others not so small. The lack of standards and licensed professionals almost guarantees that if there is ever a perfect example of construction in this place it is because those in charge are from away and micromanaged everything.