Residency renewal online - has anyone tried?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Good question cavok, this is why I asked to post what type of residency each one has. I have a rentista and I didn't have to buy insurance. Was that a mistake? I didn't ask just know I'm good for two more yrs.

Bigbird, I used a letter from the bank statement that showed my deposits for the last six months.  

I'm sure that if it were required for your type of renewal, they wouldn't have let you renew without it. Not needed if they didn't ask for it!

Excellent suggestion you made mentioning the type of renewal when posting info. There are temporary renewals, some are transitioning from temporary to permanent, and permanent renewals.

You are the first I've ever heard doing a rentista renewal. I never even heard of that one before. I thought rentista was just one way to qualify for a temporary residency.

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Good question cavok, this is why I asked to post what type of residency each one has. I have a rentista and I didn't have to buy insurance. Was that a mistake? I didn't ask just know I'm good for two more yrs.Bigbird, I used a letter from the bank statement that showed my deposits for the last six months.  

I take it the bank letter of deposits was from a DR bank. My understanding is if you have the bank letter you don't need the insurance? .............. but like you I didn't ask. I am good for four more years and will worry about it then.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
One thing I forgot to add, the process at DGM and Junta was done in a timely manner. I was kinda shocked that not only did they take finger prints, but an eye scan also. The DR becoming high tech?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
With regard to insurance I'm told if you have a blue cedula, no insurance is required if your bank shows solvency. However, if you have a yellow cedula (temporary residency) you need insurance even if your bank shows your solvency. I'm goiing to renew on 2/20 and can report back first hand at that time.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
With regard to insurance I'm told if you have a blue cedula, no insurance is required if your bank shows solvency. However, if you have a yellow cedula (temporary residency) you need insurance even if your bank shows your solvency. I'm goiing to renew on 2/20 and can report back first hand at that time.

?????????? My new and expired cedula is green?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Maybe you have a special cedula? Mine is yellow and it's temporary - 4th or 5th year not sure, the computer there will tell me.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Maybe you have a special cedula? Mine is yellow and it's temporary - 4th or 5th year not sure, the computer there will tell me.

Must be 101 different type of residencias. LOL

Mine is permanent from the "old" rules and regulations.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
i think drro is mixing cedula and residency cards.

I might have done the same but it adds a new twist to this thread.

Mine under the "old" rule (obtained January 2017).

Cedula - greenish
Residence card - light lavender-ish

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I might have done the same but it adds a new twist to this thread.

yeah, you did mix them up in another thread:

next appointment was to meet the paralegal at DGM 9AM on a Monday. A little confusion at first as the paralegal was inside doing the paperwork while I waited outside. Once we made phone contact and met up it was smooth sailing. Picked up cedula and off to JCE for residence card. ...

residency is done in DGM. cedula is done in JCE. not the other way around.

but i have noticed that many posters use cedula/residency interchangeably, either by error or by ignorance.

in any case. old temporal residency:

4khef8.jpg

old permanent residency:

mkci89.jpg

i could not find an example of now new resideny cards look like. mine (permanent) is white.

new cedula for foreigners is greenish:

25zr1qx.jpg

different colour than regular cedula for dominican citizens.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Dv8 you are so right. I mixed them up. My cedula is yellow, residency is green. Insurance is still required!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Now we making progress. By the time i get everything figured out it will be time to renew again..............

nml57

Feb 22, 2005
notification

when i applied online i got a notification in 2-3 days: "imprimir la hoja de envio".
when i printed it out it said: "numero recibo caja, nombres y apellidos, numero de telefono" and below "para direccion extranjeria" and DGM address in SD. that was it. no confirmation, no email, nothing.
this is all that was needed to go to DGM and get on with the process.

please can you tell me how you got notification and or where was "imprimir la hoja de envio".
i uploaded all documents last week .

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
please can you tell me how you got notification and or where was "imprimir la hoja de envio".
i uploaded all documents last week .

log into your profile on the migracion website, click on "my applications" and the info is there.

nml57

Feb 22, 2005
ok ty for info

all i have there for now is my request and under " estado de la solitud "is the mention of "en redaction"

i just wait a little more see if anything changes.

ty again

manuela13

Jan 5, 2011
I'm doing the renovation of the residencia temporal for my parents. Now i have the notification of 'imprimir la hoja de envio" what we have to do now? What is the next step?