Restaurants POP

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Billy beat me to the punch on my favorite....Sonrisa on 27th de Augusto. Large portions of excellent Dominican fare at very reasonable prices. Cute waitresses too! Best arroz moro I've ever had. Excellent chivo and/or pollo guisado.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
In POP, a new restaurant named The Taste, located just behind the Chinese restaurant. Food is very good, service is very good, prices are VERY good(low). Music is really nice. As you drive past the Chinese restaurant(headed west), turn right after the building. There is a short dirt road leading to the back of the building. Parking in rear.

gumbygto

Jan 15, 2009
Anytime.
That's a screenshot of an interactive pdf map.
If you want it, just PM me your email address.

Is it possible for you to send this to me also? It woudl be very helpful on my tip there next month. Thanks. Scott

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
In POP, a new restaurant named The Taste, located just behind the Chinese restaurant. Food is very good, service is very good, prices are VERY good(low). Music is really nice. As you drive past the Chinese restaurant(headed west), turn right after the building. There is a short dirt road leading to the back of the building. Parking in rear.

yes, taste is very nice, they have great sushi there.
i have not heard of any curry place in POP thou.

Sr Arturo

Jan 20, 2009
Chinese?

Does the Chinese have a name ? Or IS IT the "Chinese"...just curious. Might just get a hankering for sum foo yung or something....

A

apostropheman

Is it possible for you to send this to me also? It woudl be very helpful on my tip there next month. Thanks. Scott
If you read the post you quoted more closely
Anytime.
That's a screenshot of an interactive pdf map.
If you want it, just PM me your email address.
you'll see that Rocky asked to be PM'd your email so that he can send it to you, since it's a large file.

He's not actively posting on here anymore you might have a long wait for him to see you request in this thread...while a PM notice will arrive in his mailbox and more likely get noticed. ;):bunny::bunny:

gumbygto

Jan 15, 2009
If you read the post you quoted more closely

you'll see that Rocky asked to be PM'd your email so that he can send it to you, since it's a large file.

He's not actively posting on here anymore you might have a long wait for him to see you request in this thread...while a PM notice will arrive in his mailbox and more likely get noticed. ;):bunny::bunny:

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction...now back to the topic at hand

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Where exactly is Weng Yeng...the good Chinese restaurant?
Address and what is it close to?

Bklynny

Jan 29, 2009
mrsmangu.com
La Esquina?

Has anyone ever eaten at La Esquina in POP? I can't remember the street it's on, but it's a few blocks up from the Malecon, lots of trees outside and it's (obviously) on a corner. It looks really cute.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
La Esquina is at the corner of 12 de Julio and Separaci?n in Puerto Plata. It is directly across the street from the Dominican Post Office in POP and two or three blocks from the Malec?n along Separaci?n.