Return ticket required

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
SPIRIT airlines in Orlando asked for it at checkin at their international check in station, which is long walk from their regular check in. Agent entered info from return ticket into her computer. They even asked to see my Dominican eticket. No one in the DR asked for return ticket.
If you are asked for a return ticket in the USA, your US citizenship and/or US address is coming up in the computer and only one ticket. There is no reason for the agent in the DR to ask for a return ticket if you are going to the USA and they are seeing you are a US citizen (not to mention if they glance at the cover of the passport) in the computer.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
SPIRIT airlines in Orlando asked for it at checkin at their international check in station, which is long walk from their regular check in. Agent entered info from return ticket into her computer. They even asked to see my Dominican eticket. No one in the DR asked for return ticket.
This is a one in a million occurrence. Did you also win a recent lottery?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
This is a one in a million occurrence. Did you also win a recent lottery?
As I found out with spirit airlines, almost anything that can go wrong...WILL. Lucky to make it to the DR after other spirit stupidity. Will i fly spirit again to save over $500 on two one way tickets? Probably