Revistas 2009

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Marbete /Revista

With even DGII writing
"Por este medio se le comunica a todos los propietarios de veh?culo de motor que no se han sometido a inspecci?n, que deberan pasar por nuestra oficina principal o las ayudant?as de la Secretaria de Estado de Obras P?blicas en todo el pa?s, para adquirir su marbete de revista,"
it's no wonder that people get confused.

Dominicans refer to as:

"Marbete" (which simply means sticker) = Tax decal for your motor vehicle
(to be bought annually within a time limit publisized by the government).

"Revista" (which in this context means checking your vehicle for safety standards) = decal as proof that this was done :cheeky: by a SEOPC inspector. It's valid until year (2009-2010) and month (punched out letter) which is indicated on the sticker.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right DonP,
for people not used to the local 'talk' it is confusing,
in my first time down here i needed myself a while to get into the understanding of that sticker stuff/naming.
because marbete simply means sticker, they are all "Marbetes", ha ha.

the annual plate renewal sticker is the one locally just called 'marbete', they are out and have to be purchased/renewed til mid november, from then on we will like every year again see the Amet at every corner, lol.
the marbete de revista sticker is locally named 'MRevista", that is the inspection sticker.
last time i asked for it been last week at the Ban Reservas on the Veron Crossing in PC, not available been the cashier's answer.
and he didn't know when they finally will be available.
it is rare that the gubmin is slow on something which allows them to collect taxes.
to the question about passing the Marbete/plate renewal time-deadline due travel:
i renewed once a car which been 2 years behind the last renewal date, not due travel, it was b/c that car's plate been not renewed by the prior owner from whom i purchased it, that car i bought in 2006, been told that i have to pay the missing 2 renewals together with the actual renewal and all is fine. went to rentas internas(that been in 2006) and they asked only for the money of the actual renewal, no fine or payment for overdoing 2 years. but that may have changed the last 3 years of course.
Mike

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Question

As the revista is the inspection sticker, what are the vehicle requirements now. Safety triangle, flashlight, fire extinguisher ??? remember for pickups you used to have to have a rope, Assume they are still looking for some of this stuff

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
As the revista is the inspection sticker, what are the vehicle requirements now. Safety triangle, flashlight, fire extinguisher ??? remember for pickups you used to have to have a rope, Assume they are still looking for some of this stuff

Does that only apply to vigilantes?

Two years ago they checked my lights and horn.
Last year I guess the same guy remembered me and checked nothing.

carib

Jul 16, 2002
availability?

Does anyone know if or when they will be available. In the past I received them at a office outside Higuey. The last time I called there, I was told none were available......?:ermm:

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
right

Does that only apply to vigilantes?

Two years ago they checked my lights and horn.
Last year I guess the same guy remembered me and checked nothing.

dont know why a rope, guess a cargo vehicle needs to tie something down, the thing they were really interested in was my tires. worried me.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Bocinas, etc.

As the revista is the inspection sticker, what are the vehicle requirements now.
The inspection form lists 14 items.
Also very funny ones ('sistema escape'), referring to the exhaust I guess.
Who knows, who cares....

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The inspection form lists 14 items.
Also very funny ones ('sistema escape'), referring to the exhaust I guess.
Who knows, who cares....

Is it? I always thought it was the driver's ejector seat. Don't tell me you don't have one? ;)

bienamor, go to your last year's renewal paper, the 14 items are listed there, bottom right hand side - and don't forget the first aid kit.

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
why I am asking,

Is it? I always thought it was the driver's ejector seat. Don't tell me you don't have one? ;)

bienamor, go to your last year's renewal paper, the 14 items are listed there, bottom right hand side - and don't forget the first aid kit.

dont have last years paper, have been without a car here in the Capital for about 5 years. Now have one so need to know? Any one care to continue the list.

1.first aid kit,
next???

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
REVISTAS (technical check) ARE NOT out and not likely to be this year:

With even DGII writing

Dominicans refer to as:

"Marbete" (which simply means sticker) = Tax decal for your motor vehicle
(to be bought annually within a time limit publisized by the government).

"Revista" (which in this context means checking your vehicle for safety standards) = decal as proof that this was done :cheeky: by a SEOPC inspector. It's valid until year (2009-2010) and month (punched out letter) which is indicated on the sticker.

Yes, the annual vehicle or street tax is the Marbete de impuesto or Placa. They are out since late August.
The Revista de inspecci?n technica is the technical fitness and safety review of vehicles which is as of yesterday not out.

Does anyone know if or when they will be available. In the past I received them at a office outside Higuey. The last time I called there, I was told none were available......?:ermm:

I visited the SEOPC office in Puerto Plata yesterday and had a long discussion about the issue with it's director. Not only is the revista 2009-2010 NOT out (not available), I was also led to believe that there will apparently or most likely be NO Revista for 2009-2010 as they start new ones in March or each year anyway, and since March is approaching so fast... :D you know... . So, the next scheduled ones should be the 2010 thru 2011 stickers. Still, we ought be remain vigilant!
AMET is NOT authorized to check or in anyway bother you for revistas for these reason, EVEN if you don't have last year's revista. The director told me that should an AMET would try, one should just tell him to hop in and drive him straight into the SEOPC office and that it would be his pleasure to straighten him out. I would LOVE to be given that opportunity :bunny:.

About the process: I have only driven recent vehicles here. The last one I had presented for revista last year, after an AMET advised me to in no uncertain terms :), I paid the ridiculously low amount at BanReservas presenting a copy of my matricula (vehicle registration) and my cedula (local ID card. If you don't have one they also accept none! :)) and drove into SEOPC wondering what I would face there. I was treated very courteously. They just checked in my payment slip, filled out a form, looked over to my truck from a their seated position and asked if everything was working, which I confirmed and handed me my new sticker reminding me that I had to have a first aid kit and an emergency triangle (which I didn't and went out to buy at the next "Auto adorno" dealer on my way home from there). Easy!

From the vehicles we have the questionable pleasure to observe on this country's roads, I have to suspect that when you pull in what we could call a total wreck, it must only be a question of appropriate tipping to make it just about a as pleasurable and successful experience. :D

.. J-D.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
2 marbetes

Not only is the revista 2009-2010 NOT out (not available), I was also led to believe that there will apparently or most likely be NO Revista for 2009-2010 as they start new ones in March or each year anyway, and since March is approaching so fast... :D you know... . So, the next scheduled ones should be the 2010 thru 2011 stickers.

Seeing is believing.
I gave up listening to these guys, they are mere storytellers. :tired:

b6f0y9.jpg

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Seeing is believing.
I gave up listening to these guys, they are mere storytellers. :tired:

b6f0y9.jpg

Quite possibly but...............if it was me I'd take the second one off my windshield right now, because it is heralding the fact that it was bought 'en la calle' and not from an official outlet and some enthusiastic young AMET might just want to know who the supplier was..............;)

As I have repeatedly :cheeky: said, do nothing until there is an official announcement.

Your marbete [the top one] looks the real mc coy though :).

Robert, could you confirm it was a revista you got and not a marbete?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
"Official Outlet"

it is heralding the fact that it was bought 'en la calle' and not from an official outlet and some enthusiastic young AMET might just want to know who the supplier was..............;)
As I have repeatedly :cheeky: said, do nothing until there is an official announcement.

What's an official announcement worth in this country anyway? :tired:

If I told the young AMET who the supplier was, he'd just shut up and wish me a good day. ;)

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
SZss.

When, where and whom from did you get it? How much?
See post #8.
I bought it end of August. My supplier usually calls me when he's got them.
The inspection form comes with it, so I do that myself.... :cheeky:

donP

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
What's an official announcement worth in this country anyway? :tired:

If I told the young AMET who the supplier was, he'd just shut up and wish me a good day. ;)

donP

I thought for a moment you were going to tell me the AMET jefe was your supplier..........:cheeky: You've lived here long enough to know whether you're unduly high-profiling yourself or not. For me personally, if I ever have an unofficial paper of any type, I wait until the official ones are in circulation before letting on. But I see you sensibly blacked out your registrations....;)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
my buddy works as a tourrep here in bavaro and drives a company rental from Avis. he has that new 2009-2010 sticker on since a long while, so i gues the other rentals of that company have, too. the car is a brand new one, maybe for new vehicles they have/had stickers available.
it was due to his new sticker that i got reminded a longer while ago to purchase my own new one, unsuccessful til now.
til now i did not see our usual streetsellers around here neither.
Mike

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I went to the SEOPC office in Puerto Plata this morning and was told there are no revistas until next year. Not sure how this works if I'm stopped. Time will tell.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Donp
Amet will stop you for 2 reasons:
1- You dont have the number of your vehicle tag that come attached with the Marbete. it?s a number hand wrote. you better find it.
2- For drive with a FAKE Revista. There is NOT Revista for this year and Amet knows that. they are not stopping anybody for Revista. We will have a new Revista in March 2010.

For those who still doesnt have the new Marbete, it ends Nov10th for renewal in Internet and Nov. 17th at offices.
It is very easy in internet, just took me 2 minutes and they delivery to me next day.