Robbers rob ex general of his gun and one ends up dead

Sep 20, 2003
Cristo1.jpg

Looks like a Trujillo Era San Cristobal sub-machine gun.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Oh! Pero mira qui?n es el general retirado: es el famoso "Ranger". The general has a long history, and has now gained the adulation of most of the DR1 ex-pats. If they only knew...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"If they only knew..."

Yes, what? And why is this important? The guy did a good deed and killed one of these rats. Rat got exactly what it deserves...

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
i wanted to post this one since yesterday. where the hell does he keep that rifle (is that a rifle? a machine gun? not entirely familiar with terminology)? on the dining table? it took him seconds to retrieve it...

Probably had it near the front door. That's where I keep my machine gun.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
As reported in Diario Libre, yes:
Al general retirado del Ej?rcito Jos? del Carmen Ram?rez Guerrero, quien guarda prisi?n desde el pasado viernes por haber ultimado a un delincuente que lo asalt? a mano armada junto a otro hombre en su residencia, se le conocer? medidas de coerci?n el pr?ximo martes en la tarde.

From DR1 News:

Retired general shoots assailant
A retired general, Jose del Carmen Ramirez Guerrero (aka Ranger), is facing charges after killing a man who had just attacked him in his home. Ramirez was arrested and is awaiting a pre-trial custody ruling tomorrow, Tuesday, 1 March 2016. The shooting occurred on Friday, 26 February 2016, after the armed man and an accomplice entered the retired general's home and fired two shots at him. The home surveillance video camera recorded the incident on Calle Balbina de Pena in Los Mina, Santo Domingo East. The video shows the former general being beaten in the robbery, how he recovers and reenters the house to find a rifle and then pursues the assailants. He subsequently killed one of them.
Santo Domingo province prosecutor, Olga Dina Llaveria says that Ramirez faces serious charges and that the case is in its initial investigative phase. Witnesses have said that the former military officer killed the robber when he was already in Police custody, as reported in Diario Libre.
Diario Libre reports that in June 2009, Ramirez Guerrero also shot and killed another suspected criminal on the same street when, according to his statements, 25-year old Carlos Alberto Moscoso pointed a gun at him and took his firearm. When Moscoso left the scene, Ramirez Guerrero took out another gun he had hidden under his socks and shot him in the back.
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...-conocera-medida-coercion-el-martes-LE2886638
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...-dos-semanas-frente-a-su-residencia-LF2869951

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Two times murdering people from behind . I will be interested in seeing how this case plays out. I am quite curous to know why this general, in particular has been singled out . All the hallmarks of Ronald Merrick for those lucky enough to have read the Raj trilogy and the description of one very dispicable police chief who thought himself above the law.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
please explain this "murdering from behind" thing ?
these guys came to his home, ARMED , threw him on the ground , at gun point.. Yes ?

when you do that, in the DR, you give up all your rights... u are a marked man.
In the DR they dont arrest people like that.. not saying right or wrong, but they execute them, on the spot or they later hunt them down.
Think about this , if these Ladrones are willing to do this to a General, they sure as SH*** will KILL an innocent civilian for like a cell phone and yes even GRINGO TOURISTS for like a watch. what you think they needed those guns for ?
this is just the Dominican way of taking out the Garbage....
Ever watch the movie La Soga ? just like that, and I dont have a problem with it one bit.
its their Country.. its their way.
just my .02, not looking for any moral arguments

potus

Dec 27, 2015
They have to give him a medal.

He should be running for President....He is articulate and obviously a Problem solver....even if he just solved half the Problem......
Now think about the degree of violence....punks do not care if they attack a General....something unthinkable only a few years back.......That means all our lifes a worth nothing......

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
He should be running for President....He is articulate and obviously a Problem solver....even if he just solved half the Problem......
Now think about the degree of violence....punks do not care if they attack a General....something unthinkable only a few years back.......That means all our lifes a worth nothing......

thank you , somebody GETS it...

These punks are the same ones who will SHOOT YOU IN THE HEAD FOR YOUR $50 CELL PHONE..
they will not hesitate.. and then laugh & brag about it, when they are getting drunk in their Barrio that night.

Save your tears, for the starving children

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
punks do not care if they attack a General....something unthinkable only a few years back.......That means all our lifes a worth nothing......

Very valid point. Is the DR getting more violent, ruthless, blatant? That gives you all the answers you need. And some of us have been banging on about the increase in this issue and decrease in ability to live care free in DR a we could not so long ago for years now. While others brush it over with tales of 'elsewhere'. The rate at which this has increased is beyond comprehension, it is unbelievable, but I guess very true.