Robbers rob ex general of his gun and one ends up dead

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
I'm just curious about something.. do you guys that live down there carry some form of Protection ? No matter what it is,, pepper spray , at least a pocket knife . anything
. I don't really care what specifically .. but something, as a last resort, just in case..
Cuz if you dont, you Should.. Even a beer bottle is better than nothing.
I always carry a beer bottle. And my chicas a knife.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Luckily, this country is not controlled by vigilantes or viligante groups. Luckily we are still a christian country where we do not have a policy of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. The problems of delinquents will and should not be solved by murdering them. The police and Vigilante groups tried that in Rio de Janiero and all it did was alienate the citizens there . The problem of delinquency must be solved by greater equity in the increasing wealth of this country, by better education by the church, government and parents and by better judiciary . . Every saint was once a sinner and every sinner can become a saint .

It goes deeper than that. The DR police, the thin blue line are underpaid and under trained. As long as that problem persists, the rule of law here will never be consistent.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
It goes deeper than that. The DR police, the thin blue line are underpaid and under trained. As long as that problem persists, the rule of law here will never be consistent.

I prefer beating the caca out of them when they steal in our area. They NEVER come back.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Friends in Luperon cut the theft rate by giving the local policia gas money to do extra patrols in their area. Worked for a while.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
The general was detained and had to post a DR$1,000,000 to be released after high ranking police and army officer complained per the Listin Diario. Go figure, he gets mugged, kills one of the assailant and get's thrown in jail.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
he did not get "thrown in jail". he voluntarily presented himself to the police.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Luckily, this country is not controlled by vigilantes or viligante groups. Luckily we are still a christian country where we do not have a policy of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. The problems of delinquents will and should not be solved by murdering them. The police and Vigilante groups tried that in Rio de Janiero and all it did was alienate the citizens there . The problem of delinquency must be solved by greater equity in the increasing wealth of this country, by better education by the church, government and parents and by better judiciary . . Every saint was once a sinner and every sinner can become a saint .

Can't agree with you Kippling. It's obvious that you are a firm believer in "turn the other cheek". Heck with that, unwarranted violence must be met with equal violence. It's the only way that the rule of law will prevail. If criminals know that nothing will happen it will increase crime exponentially. You stated that vigilante in Brazil did not work, I beg to differ: it did work, they killed a bunch of thugs and drug dealers that controlled the Favelas (barrios) since the police would not even come near them. Since the police don't have the gas to make patrols, what options do the poor have in those barrios? I say, get a group of 5-6 armed men and make patrols through the nigh in each of the barrios and crime will go down or there will be more cemetery space needed. Kudos to the Generals, only thing he did wrong was not kill the other guy.

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
The retired General was sent to an Army base detained, not arrested, for his protection, which makes sense. The fear of retaliation is very likely. What gets under my skin is a picture I saw of the former robber in his casket draped in the DR flag like a national hero.

A reporter on TV said that even though the General was robbed, society should not be allowed to take the law into his own hands, because it would lead to anarchy. What he failed to mention (according to his version of what happened) the fact that the robber shot at his head to kill him before the General gave chase and killed the would be robber.

My two cents ? I would give the General the Purple Heart and the Silver Star medals.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The retired General was sent to an Army base detained, not arrested, for his protection, which makes sense. The fear of retaliation is very likely. What gets under my skin is a picture I saw of the former robber in his casket draped in the DR flag like a national hero.

A reporter on TV said that even though the General was robbed, society should not be allowed to take the law into his own hands, because it would lead to anarchy. What he failed to mention (according to his version of what happened) the fact that the robber shot at his head to kill him before the General gave chase and killed the would be robber.

My two cents ? I would give the General the Purple Heart and the Silver Star medals.

This right here..
So they did not just try to rob him at gunpoint, they TRIED to EXECUTE the General, but Failed..
anyone else want to change their minds about what the General did here ?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I think this is the video of the attack, looks like the general is a pretty good marksman because the guys were at some distance.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=38c_1456768205

quite graphic, thanks for sharing, If I ever see that General out on the town I will pick up his check and give him a salute. He must have had some training, after having had his life threatened he was able compose and collect himself enough to hit his target without any bystanders being injured. He's definitely got a set.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
quite graphic, thanks for sharing, If I ever see that General out on the town I will pick up his check and give him a salute. He must have had some training, after having had his life threatened he was able compose and collect himself enough to hit his target without any bystanders being injured. He's definitely got a set.
you do not get to be a general without training.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Short account in today's DR1 News:
Retired general "El Ranger" free on bail
The retired general who was arrested after killing an assailant who had just stolen his gun and beaten him while attempting to rob his home was set free on bail by a Santo Domingo court yesterday, Thursday 3 March 2016. Retired army general Jose del Carmen Ramirez Guerrero (El Ranger) was attacked at his home in Los Mina on 25 February. After the robbery, the retired general pursued his assailant and shot him, despite the fact that the Police had already detained the fugitive. Ramirez Guerrero was allowed to post bail for RD$1 million.