Rural "Middle Class" Life?

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
alaroca said:
Gregg
I called the Ministry of Education in Toronto, and they provide, for $120.00 CDN, a year's worth of curriculum, which you send back and it is graded by an Ontario Teacher.

that's amazing news for us. i was on the Ontario website for the federation of home schooling but didn't see that info.

thanks so much. where in Canada are you?

alaroca

Jan 22, 2004
Gregg said:
that's amazing news for us. i was on the Ontario website for the federation of home schooling but didn't see that info.

thanks so much. where in Canada are you?

I am in St. Catharines. I called 1-800-387-5512 at the Ministry of Education. Their elementary grades will be ready for September, and the high school grades have been in effect for a long time. I spoke with a very nice lady named Katherine. I asked what she thought of this, whether the kids really benefitted and she said that her experience is that children who home study abroad have a much better experience and their grades usually reflect that. In any case, I think it is the route I will take for my daughter. Public schools are not an option for me, and the private ones cost. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.