sad story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
frenchie

frenchie,
I believe AZB was only stating how it is so you shouldnt "shoot the messanger".Also, the underlying message in your erroneous post....
Larry

stay on topic. leave other countries out of this

Last edited by a moderator:

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Re: frenchie

Larry (ILoveDR) said:
frenchie,
I believe AZB was only stating how it is so you shouldnt "shoot the messanger".Also, the underlying message in your erroneous post....

Lets stay on topic and leave people from other countries out of this please!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Don't be too hard on the Asians. Have you heard of the people who push you in to the train in Japan? It is really that crowded at times. You learn how to share space, and make room for others. Certainly no rude intentions. It's a kind of efficiency by necessity.
I've heard it's the same in Mexico City. The DR isn't so crowded.
mk

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Gotta agree with frenchies........

The resort that hubby works at in the dive center was recently closed,renovated, and re-opened with a mainly Dominican clientele. The Dominicans who work in the resort dislike working there immensely because of the misuse and abuse they suffer at the hands of their countrymen! They are treated worse than animals by the "guests" and are left incredible messes to clean up. They were all dreading Semana Santa and from what I heard Thursday night I'm glad I wasn't staying at the resort (which could have been renamed "Pig Farm" for the weekend but that would have been demeaning to the real animals!)

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Tony C said:
And Canadians have less money and even less Balls!!!
Be careful Tony or this Canadian might forget that DR1 is a kinder gentler place and say something like Cubans have no money ,no balls and are too stupid or cowardly to take out their old dictator,
J.H.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Can we please stay on topic. If you're all finished then we could close it but we aren't getting into what we think of other people from other countries.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
AZB

I'm a new member, and I'm having a good time w/ some of the posts. I disagree w/ you AZB about Dominicans not socializing with resort workers. I have never seen this in all of my years travelling to the DR. We are always very polite to these people and I've never witnessed any Dominican ignoring, or being nasty to the workers.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
I agree AZB's post was harsh but for you(Forbeca) to say that they don't get looked down upon or treated like crap, would seem ignorant in a way. I've seen it happen on different occassions to different hotels. It's either that or you've been lucky. Hopefully not every apple is rotten to the core and they don't get looked down upon just because they work in a hotel but I've seen it happen. I have a question for you: in all your trips to the DR have you stayed somewhere else than at an AI resort? That just helps in clearing up things a bit.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I was born in Sto Dgo. (Argentinian/Lebanese parents) my family name is very well known down there. I came to NY when I was 12 years old. I travel with a very large group as I have lots of family there. We stay at 5 star hotels and also rent apts. I tell you, I have never seen anyone getting out of line w/ these people. It's not ignorant, darling, I just never seen it. I for one, treat them with respect and always have a smile for them. I don't know, perhaps I've been lucky.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I was down in Playa Dorada last year at Easter. The resort was jammed with Dominicans staying in "time share" rooms. I was appalled at the way Dominicans treated the staff and the other guests. On the whole they had no respect for anyone there!

I say 3 women sitting at a table of 8 bring back plates loaded with desserts. Most of it was simply wasted and left on the table.

Every evening they got incredibly drunk and it appeared they were very concerned about getting their money's worth from the resort.

I will never travel to the DR at Easter again!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Frenchies, learn the dominican ways...

I didn't say rich or well to do dominicans mistreat the workers, instead I said they just don't make friends with them. This mean, they simply don't go out dancing or worse sleep with them like you cheap euro trash do.
I was strickly talking about the Entertainment workers (dancers / sankies).
Decent dominians are not so naive as you people are when you come to this country. Dominicans know their people and know who is a good apple and who is not. These entertainment guys are nothing but a bunch of dominican scums. They prey upon fat french girls like yourselves. Give them all the attention and give them fake hopes. Then they manipulate them into sending them money and gifts. These guys have no education and live like pigs. They come from the lowest of the lowest social class and know only how to rip off foreigners. If these guys only make 200-300 dollars a month, then how do you think they are able to wear Tommy, Polo shirts, have Gucci watches and expensive sneakers?
Yes, naive girls like yourself who become friends with those scums and support their lifestyles. These guys are not your real friends and don't care a bit about your welfare. They are only interested in what you bring them. Their job is to entertain people. Thats exactly what they do. Only you people confuse them for real friends.
Decent dominicans don't mistreat them on the general basis, they simply don't talk to them. They know their own trash, its only people like you who fall in love with them.
I live in DR for many years so please don't try to teach me somthing about this country that you folks have no idea about.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
On our last trip to DR we were in Puerto Plata and stood at one of the AI (dont know if its ok to mention by name) and a group of dominicans from a local company were there for the weekend having some sort of promotional tour.....well it was a DISASTER, we had been there for a week enjoying quiet nice pool side conversations, and it was just great, once this gruop of 100 or so showed up, the place went to hell. The staff was ANNOYED and tired, they were PIGS, and they did treat the staff like crap......

and here we are thinking.....wait a minute you are all dominicans that prob live in the same damn campo as these people do yet you treat them with disdain...unreal....why is it that even amongst ourselves we must be prejudiced?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Majority of dominicans who are seen jumping in the pool like crazies and eating plate full of food like there was no tomorrow are all chopos. These are also the poor dominicans who save up money all year to take advantage of a cheap deal at an all inclusive resorts.
The decent well-to-do domincians don't usually go to cheap playa dorada resorts instead they go to La romana or some other 4-5 star resorts. These dominicans keep a low profile and stay with they own people (the group they travel with). These dominians are sometimes confused for foreigners as many look so european and well dressed in expensive atire. These dominicans are not noticed by any of you. The ones who go there to make noise and treat poeple like trash are the chopo dominicans.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok then, are we all through bashing?
Let me have a look who's been trashed
The Americans
The Canadians
The Cubans
The French
The Europeans
Fat people
The Chopos
The Pigs
The uneducated
The dancers/sankies

Sounds like good reasons to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.