sale of contract

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
it's hard because, the contract was made up in the dominican, and do not forget that his mother and another witness who both live in the dominican, both signed their names as witnesses.

the contract says that these 2 witnesses are signing that they are confirming the sellers are signing in front of them this contract. also the lawyer signed the same.

the lawyer made up the contract as if to read that we were all there signing the contract together, me , my ex, the 2 witnesses and the lawyer.

how can i prove to the crown attorney or the police or whoever, that this is not true. the whole contract is a lie.

Civil case and criminal case are 2 different things. For the criminal case against your ex who forged your signature, as I told you before, talk to a district(crown) attorney, He (she) is the one who will tell you if the case can stand in a criminal court and it's free of charge for you. As for a civil case, annulation, resolution or resiliation of the contract between you, your ex and the buyer this would probably have to be done in the D.R. Lawyers will not give you legal opinion over the internet.

abused

Feb 4, 2009
Hand writing experts!
You say he signed in Canada, do the dates in his passport tally with the date of the contract?
If his passport puts him in Canada when the contract is dated then you have to whole bunch of them.
What about your passport, where were you on that date?

he was in canada and so was i...100% guaranteed.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I'm confused...is there more to this story or have I missed something?

In your blog you wrote.....

Posted 06-05-2009 at 12:46 PM by abused (another scam)
Tags
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
hello everyone, just wanted you all to know, i sold the house in the DR finally..... IT`S FINALLY OVER AND I CAN BREATH AGAIN WITH MY FINANCES................HURRAYYYYYYYYY

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
he was in canada and so was i...100% guaranteed.

Then you can prove that on the date that the witnesses and lawyer state that they watched you sign the document you and your ex were in Canada.

I think Sangria's post requires a comment though!

abused

Feb 4, 2009
I'm confused...is there more to this story or have I missed something?

In your blog you wrote.....

Posted 06-05-2009 at 12:46 PM by abused (another scam)
Tags
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
hello everyone, just wanted you all to know, i sold the house in the DR finally..... IT`S FINALLY OVER AND I CAN BREATH AGAIN WITH MY FINANCES................HURRAYYYYYYYYY

it never went thru, i was suppose to sell it, but at the time of the sale, my ex didn`t want to sign......and i had no one helping me on that end....

abused

Feb 4, 2009
it never went thru, i was suppose to sell it, but at the time of the sale, my ex didn`t want to sign......and i had no one helping me on that end....

to be more specific, at the moment i was to have the papers prepared, my ex didn`t want to sign unless i paid him for half.....obivously it all went down from there since he never paid a dime with the loan for the house. i refused and nothing happened......i forgot to mention that on my latest blog, because i didn`t want to write the whole story in detail. ......

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
If $$ is an issue, you may qualify for Legal Aid...worth the cost of a free phone call!

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Contract Dates v Passport is key here. If he was in Canada when he was supposed to be signing in front of a notary, he perpetuated a fraud while in Canada.

Speak to the Crown attorney (the Canadian equivalent to a US district attorny). You may also want to speak to your local MP. You likely didn;t explain the case as well to the criminal attorney as you did to us, as it seems there is a fairly easy to prove case of fraud going on here.

Note that if you were married to him and he received assets in Canada due to the divorce, you have a decent chance of attaching those assets in addition to making his life difficult. If you are still married, this case, properly documented, will weigh heavily on any division of assets.

Also, persuing this will go far in giving you closure.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I'm no lawyer but...

I have been thrugh a few divorces.

If the property was listed as a joint asset in the petition for divorce and the disposition of that property did not meet with the court approved terms of divorce then a civil suit can be entered into to seek reparation for your loss. This is your only recourse but your divorce papers had better assign a percentage of ownership of that property (.001% - 100%) to you under court seal.

Forget about the "false signature" on the contract, if that contract was never entered into registry in Canada then it's meaningless. It is only an actionable document in the DR. Forget about "making him suffer" the best you can do is civil suit, otherwise just be smarter next time.

On my first divorce I simply signed a quit claim deed to the ex. I wasn't interested in the house but with my interest I was also freed of liability. My second wife got no property. All real property which was purchased by me prior to the marriage was off the table and the properties which were purchased jointly since the marriage were settled equitably. I made her an offer she couldn't refuse and she relinquished claim. This was for properties in two countries and I had to pay a lawyer in each case (and provide the decree of divorce) to get her name removed. If she had been less cooperative, the court would have appointed percentages of ownership and liability using some formula and we each could have been screwed by the legal "wheel -of-fortune".

The most important thing about being a scam victim is to get past the ensuing pity party and recover what's left of normalcy in your life. It's like the question I asked myself BEFORE each divorce:

Q - "How much is the rest of your life worth?"

A - "All of it"

I know it's an old thread but it's also an important lesson.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Went through all the posts and nobody ever asked her and she never mentioned what the amount was that she believed she was cheated out of.
The amount would also define what course of action to take. IMHO.........