Sankies never miss a good opportunity

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
Hmmmm makes me wonna try it out......Wonder what they'd do when i tell them to go f**K themselves in spanish.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
mofi said:
Hmmmm makes me wonna try it out......Wonder what they'd do when i tell them to go f**K themselves in spanish.

I think that's the trick. If you don't fall apart at the mention of how beautiful you are and all that crap and you answer them in Spanish even if it's not bad words they will know your not going to be a victim.

And for Azua, this discussion is about sankies hitting on any living thing, day after day week after week year after year. The only people that leave emails and phone number behind are potential victims which is very small in comparison to the amount of people they hit on. ;)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
The Trade

azuacanadagirl said:
.... but just how long will they keep it up? Aren't they loosing money calling and e-mailing (internet charges) after a while and wouldn't they just give up?

That's peanuts in comparison to the cost and risks of a dangerous boat trip to PR.
As the successful sankie will always bark up several trees at a time, he is just improving probability.
Don't worry they know fairly well when to stop and when and how to concentrate on whom.
It's their trade.

BTW, have you seen yesterday's "El informe" on the issue by Alicia Ortega on antena latina (channel 7)?
An eyeopener for all those that want to know (alas, they aren't many).
Unfortunately it does not seem to be on the internet.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
oops i deleted my last post after looking at it again ...I think its a promo for her report...the gist is that you cant just listen the news, you need to see it with you own eyes, Alicia Ortega does this for you with her provocative investigations, you can read her reports every Tuesday....something like that. :)

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
But at least I have a new television station to waste my time on. :laugh: I mean a new station to learn Dominican Spanish. ;)

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
azuacanadagirl said:
OK I understand the subject well. I know how they go about attracting tourists with their lines and I've heard them all (been there, been dumb and I know it), but just how long will they keep it up? Aren't they loosing money calling and e-mailing (internet charges) after a while and wouldn't they just give up?

They never give up lol
I had one guy who I thought was going to make my trip a nightmare as he wouldn't take my NO for an answer I really started to dislike him, he psssed me off.
I had one guy who thought he could just come up to me and kiss me in a club I told him off and I almost hit him. I danced with him and all of a sudden it allowed him to kiss me no way!

That's why I've learned a lot on how to pick my dance partners. Always scope the club and see how they dance before you dance with them :)

Some guys don't care they will still try no matter how many hints you give them and no matter how many times you say no to them.
Plus if you look around you will see some tourist women giving into everthing they want and they soon believe all tourists are the same I suppose but there wrong about me that's for sure no way!!

I'm known as the NO girl so sometimes I think it can attract them more the fact that I say no and they must like the challange or something beats me??

You just have to be strong and firm :)
I tell them it's a wast of there time to try but they dont' listen.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Can I be a little mischievious today???

Syrita said:
I was in Puerto Plata with my boyfriend on our annual trip. He is dominican (born/raised in NY) and whenever we go to the resorts he never gets good service. We feel like it's because he has money and goes to the resorts that the local dominicans don't like him as if he thinks he's better than them (not true). Or it could be that they figure since my man is dominican that he must be using me and why should he be the only one to get something out of me. But whenever he is at my side no one dares to talk to me. As soon as he walks away from me or i happen to be alone for the moment the men (sankies) are constantly flirting and never miss the chance to try to hook up with me. I find this disgusting and so disrespectful to me and my man. Although i am not dominican (soy mexicana) I figured being spanish would make them stay away since they tend to go after the young and presumably dumb white/canadian/german girls. But I guess sankies love anyone they think has money and could be their ticket out.

I have been to MANY resorts, and have met and hung out with MANY 'sankies' (I hate that word!!! :angry: ) when I was a single woman...

Let me tell you, most Dominicans that go to the resorts when they are on vacation from the US, ACT LIKE ASS***** just because they are so 'comparones' and they want their fellow countrymen to KNOW they come from the US and HAVE MONEY!!! Don't act like your man doesn't do that...:ermm: You are just defending him 'cause he's your boyfriend...admit it...:rambo:

And how do you know that ANYONE is flirting with you if you are not looking or giving them a chance to do so???

Gimme a break!!! How can you consider that kind of attention disgusting and so disrespectful ...you are on vacation, for heaven's sake...just relax and enjoy it...:lick:

If you think it's disrespectful, just ignore them, look away, or even better, don't EVEN LOOK AT THEM!!!

It's been my experience that if you tell them that you have a boyfriend, or are married, they leave you alone...

Tony and I have been to many resorts together, and whenever I'm by myself, the guys are always flirting with me, but I find that cute...as long as they know I'm there with my fianc?...they don't bother me anymore...

Since it's an 'annual' thing for you guys, you better learn to deal with it, or better yet...don't go to the AI's anymore...do us ALL a favor...stop critizicing the poor guys/gals that work in the resorts and are trying to find a better life for themselves...

If the girls are so dumb as to fall for them, (and believe me, it happened to me on my first trip, thank God I realized what was going on from the beginning, and just played along 'cause the kid was REALLY cute...) I say GOOD FOR THEM!!!

MQ...(in a very bit*** mood today!...I think I need my dose of Dominican Chocolate ;) SOON!!!)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Sankies & sankiettes are hawkers

Like hawkers on the street or in the market, they're selling their wares (and we know what it is) so, when you buy from hawkers, it's buyers beware ... You get what you paid for. If it turns out good, just be thankful, otherwise, thrash it (him or her), simple. :speechles

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Oye MusicQueen, tu no estas facil hoy!!! I need some Dominican booty soon, it's about that time.

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
bochinche

bochinche said:
sorry.............but, i think if your name is roberto and the sankies are trying to pick you up (how else can you relate to the story 100%?), you must be going to the wrong sort of hotel altogether.

just in case.......i'd like to add that i have nothing against homosexuals.

Anna gave u the exact answer ... look it up before you judge ...

btw thanks Anna C. !

drminy

Nov 12, 2005
Musicqueen said:
I have been to MANY resorts, and have met and hung out with MANY 'sankies' (I hate that word!!! :angry: ) when I was a single woman...
Let me tell you, most Dominicans that go to the resorts when they are on vacation from the US, ACT LIKE ASS***** just because they are so 'comparones' and they want their fellow countrymen to KNOW they come from the US and HAVE MONEY!!! Don't act like your man doesn't do that...:ermm: You are just defending him 'cause he's your boyfriend...admit it...:rambo:

First of all have some manners!!!!!! My man is a hardworking, honest, respectable man with class, this is his parents country that he loves and has spent alot of time in. He would never go there acting like he was better than anybody else.

Musicqueen said:
And how do you know that ANYONE is flirting with you if you are not looking or giving them a chance to do so???

I'm not stupid, i know when someone is trying to hook up with me. How can you ask such a dumb question! I don't initiate their actions nor do I feed in to them. In case you didn't know, some men are just like that.

Musicqueen said:
Gimme a break!!! How can you consider that kind of attention disgusting and so disrespectful ...you are on vacation, for heaven's sake...just relax and enjoy it...:lick:

Where's your self esteem??!! Obviously you have no respect for yourself or your man if you need this kind of attention or feed into another man's advances, you're making yourself look easy and your man look bad.

Musicqueen said:
Tony and I have been to many resorts together, and whenever I'm by myself, the guys are always flirting with me, but I find that cute...as long as they know I'm there with my fiancé...they don't bother me anymore...

Since it's an 'annual' thing for you guys, you better learn to deal with it, or better yet...don't go to the AI's anymore...do us ALL a favor...stop critizicing the poor guys/gals that work in the resorts and are trying to find a better life for themselves...

Me and my man are in the military and have spent much time apart and when we get the chance we go to DR to the resorts because we love it there. I don't let anybody spoil my trip but sankies are out there and they try. I don't spend my trip aggravated about it, I am there to have fun.

Musicqueen said:
If the girls are so dumb as to fall for them, (and believe me, it happened to me on my first trip, thank God I realized what was going on from the beginning, and just played along 'cause the kid was REALLY cute...) I say GOOD FOR THEM!!!

You're just so defensive because you were naive enough to fall for a sankie, just be real!!!!!! hahahaha

Musicqueen said:
MQ...(in a very bit*** mood today!...I think I need my dose of Dominican Chocolate ;) SOON!!!)

Well take your bit*** attitude out on your man and get off my back!:lick:

Last edited:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Can we get tickets

Syrita said:
For DR1's WCC (World Cat-Fight Championship) - no holds barred cat-fight ... maybe mud, jello, etc., etc. :laugh: :laugh:

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Roberto284 said:
Anna gave u the exact answer ... look it up before you judge ...

btw thanks Anna C. !

the fish bit, but it's not worth it, i have to throw the tiddler back.
rather than continue, i'll just admit up front............i can't help being an 'ass'.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Did I push the wrong button???

To answer some of your comments:

First of all have some manners!!!!!! My man is a hardworking, honest, respectable man with class, this is his parents country that he loves and has spent alot of time in. He would never go there acting like he was better than anybody else.

I don't understand how, if he's such a "hardworking, honest, respectable man with class", he gets treated so bad in DR...I have never seen ANYONE being treated badly, especially in the resorts...and if they do treat your man bad, you should complain to management and that will be the end of that!

I'm not stupid, i know when someone is trying to hook up with me. How can you ask such a dumb question! I don't initiate their actions nor do I feed in to them. In case you didn't know, some men are just like that.

In order for someone to try to 'hook up with you' you must be sending some very strong signals, girl!! And yes, I do know how some men 'are'...

Where's your self esteem??!! Obviously you have no respect for yourself or your man if you need this kind of attention or feed into another man's advances, you're making yourself look easy and your man look bad.

My self esteem is here, intact...I have all the respect I need for myself and could give you some if you need it...I don't need anyone's attention to feel good about myself, believe me...I just find your attitude about a little flirting so obnoxious...how could it bother you so much???

Me and my man are in the military and have spent much time apart and when we get the chance we go to DR to the resorts because we love it there. I don't let anybody spoil my trip but sankies are out there and they try. I don't spend my trip aggravated about it, I am there to have fun.

Oh, ok...now I understand...the military would do that to you...with all the training and the insensitivity and all...And don't start with any crap about this now, I have 3 cousins in the Armed Forces and my oldest brother served as well...

You're just so defensive because you were naive enough to fall for a sankie, just be real!!!!!! hahahaha

I am defending another human being's right to do as they please, as long as they don't affect anyone with their actions...I do however feel sorry for some girls that fall so hard for them, and do believe that some of those 'resort workers' are filth

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do that for another month or so;) ...but believe me, when I get to see my man, he'll feel like the luckiest man in the universe!!! :cheeky:

JonS...That was funny!!!:classic: ...You know me...tell her...:lick: When are you going back? Boy, that Dominican booty will make you do and say crazy things, right? :lick:

Seriously, Syrita...Chillax!!!:bandit: ...Read under my name...'MIAMI NICE' was given to me by some members of this board...I'm usually a gracious lady...but I think you set yourself up for this...

MQ:rambo:

drminy

Nov 12, 2005
Musicqueen said:
I am defending another human being's right to do as they please, as long as they don't affect anyone with their actions...I do however feel sorry for some girls that fall so hard for them, and do believe that some of those 'resort workers' are filth

If you defend others rights to do as they please, why such harsh comments to me about my post?!??! I was only stating my experience and my opinion.

Musicqueen said:
Seriously, Syrita...Chillax!!!:bandit: ...Read under my name...'MIAMI NICE' was given to me by some members of this board...I'm usually a gracious lady...but I think you set yourself up for this...MQ:rambo:

Yes you did push the wrong button because i don't know you. I never back down to defending myself if i feel disrespected. :bandit: Although you may be known as MIAMI NICE by the other members and have many posts, I am new to this forum and didn't necessarily lke your comments or your approach. I don't like going back and forth so this is my last comment to you on this subject. I signed up on this site to meet cool people, share stories and learn. Nothing more nothing less.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Hmmmmm!!!!!?????

I signed up on this site to meet cool people, share stories and learn. Nothing more nothing less.

By reading over the first post on this thread, it seems to me you were not trying to meet cool people, or learn anything, but rather critizicing the people and the land you say your man "loves because it's his parent's country"...:cross-eye

Like I said before, if you feel you are being disrespected, along with your man, stay away from the country...Why don't you guys go to Cancun or Cozumel? Don't they have AI's there where you can show off your american dollars also?:lick:

And yes, this will be my last post on this subject also.

PLEASE MODERATOR...stick a fork in this, I think it's done...just like my TURKEY!!!

MQ

MeDominican

Nov 9, 2005
A need to look in one's own backyard

Syrita said:
(soy mexicana) I figured being spanish would make them stay away since they tend to go after the young and presumably dumb white/canadian/german girls.

I assume Syrita does not watch Spanish TV Channels in the U.S.A. There is a documentary show that is aired weekly on Channel 41. The host is Silvia Pinal, a Mexican. The name of the show is "Historias Para Contar."

It is a show based on true life experiences, dramatized by professional actors/actresses... About three weeks ago, there were two stories, one about a Mexican man and the other a Mexican woman. Both had gone to Cuba and met someone there, fell in love, married them, and brought them to Mexico... Both had a very bad experience. They married sankies, not from D.R., but from Cuba.

At the end of the played dramas Ms. Pinal made a statement, directed to the T.V. audiences about Mexicans being used by Cubans that only wanted to go live in Mexico.

So It has not only been "dumb white/canadian/german girls" that have fallen for sankies.

In summary, one needs to look at what is going on in one's own backyard before tossing stones at others.

MeDominican

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Sankiesm - global "profession"

MeDominican said:
So It has not only been "dumb white/canadian/german girls" that have fallen for sankies.

In summary, one needs to look at what is going on in one's own backyard before tossing stones at others.

MeDominican
This site is dedicated to all things DR related so, people only discuss their sankie experience in the DR. There are sankies/sankiettes everywhere - Jamaica, Cuba, Barbados, Trinidad, Mexico ....... everywhere :laugh: :laugh: