Satellite Cards Ending

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
AZB said:
I am not an expert in dish but I tell you that you need a different receiver and a different card. Some dish cards are married to the box and can't be programmed at all.
Good luck.
AZB

With a programmer, the cards can be unmarried though. I'm definitely no expert, but from what I am told, marrying just means that the card will only work in the receiver it is first used in after it's programmed. My sister used to program my card, but she lived a good half hour from us. Sometimes we'd get home, and the card hadn't been programmed properly or the bin had gone down, and we'd have to go back. So once, we tried the card in her receiver to make sure that it worked before we went home. It was indeed working, we took it home, and it wouldn't work. That's because it had "married" itself to my sister's receiver. All we had to do was clean the card and re-program it, it was fine.

I'd really like to know more about dishnet now, maybe that's an option. I'm perfectly fine for paying for satellite, but in Canada, DirectTV and Dishnet are illegal, we only have a couple of options for satellite. These options suck and have no Spanish programming. That's why we chose DTV, but it looks like it may be shortlived... How is Dishnet's programming, does it have a lot of Spanish channels?

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
trina said:
With a programmer, the cards can be unmarried though. I'm definitely no expert, but from what I am told, marrying just means that the card will only work in the receiver it is first used in after it's programmed. My sister used to program my card, but she lived a good half hour from us. Sometimes we'd get home, and the card hadn't been programmed properly or the bin had gone down, and we'd have to go back. So once, we tried the card in her receiver to make sure that it worked before we went home. It was indeed working, we took it home, and it wouldn't work. That's because it had "married" itself to my sister's receiver. All we had to do was clean the card and re-program it, it was fine.QUOTE]
Trina I know what you are talking about but Dishnetwork is different. There are some series of cards which are locked and can't be programmed (married to the same box). Thats what I have been told by the tech. Its some what different from DTV. But the solution is simple, get another virgin card and you are all set to go.
I know you will try to explian to me how to erase eprom and start all over again. No, dish network is different. Some cards come from the supplier of the service which can't be programmed.

newman4ever

Mar 11, 2004
Those interested in getting a Dishnetwork system going can contact me for information. I can get you everything you need to get going and its a very stable system, alot more so than DTV. I can answer any questions you may have, but here's a few points to note:

1. You can use the existing dish you have setup for DTV, just need to reposition it.

2. You will need new recievers for Dishnetwork as its a different system from DTV

3. I've seen some mention of certain cards not being programmable. I have workarounds for just about every situation and can provide you with a very stable TV service with all the great programming you were used to with DTV.

PM me for more info.

ww228kid

Apr 25, 2004
need that bin please

:knockedou
trina said:
Really? I'm in Canada, too, and mine is still working this morning. PM me if you want the bin we're using, I'm sure it won't last long, though...

dc18

Apr 26, 2004
help

newman4ever said:
Those interested in getting a Dishnetwork system going can contact me for information. I can get you everything you need to get going and its a very stable system, alot more so than DTV. I can answer any questions you may have, but here's a few points to note:

1. You can use the existing dish you have setup for DTV, just need to reposition it.

2. You will need new recievers for Dishnetwork as its a different system from DTV

3. I've seen some mention of certain cards not being programmable. I have workarounds for just about every situation and can provide you with a very stable TV service with all the great programming you were used to with DTV.

PM me for more info.
im interested in a fix for dish network i have one card that is not looped and 2 that are ive had a hard time figuring them out also i have 2 virgin dtv cards that were sent to me in the mail

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
newman4ever said:

PM me for more info.

newman4ever are you in the dr? If you are, I have a mountain cabin in the countryside in the La Vega area and need to get some decent TV in there...can u help?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
As Conchman predicted, all channels went off yesterday. Hope they find a fix soon...

I get bins from 2 different suppliers. If anyone wants to share bins (when they finally get a fix), e-mail me.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
trina said:
As Conchman predicted, all channels went off yesterday. Hope they find a fix soon...

I get bins from 2 different suppliers. If anyone wants to share bins (when they finally get a fix), e-mail me.
Forget about the new bins, no more HU stream. Thats it folks. HU stream has ended so no more bins.
Have a wonderful day without Directv.
AZB

ParisDei

Apr 29, 2004
P4 Fixes

My Friend

Please tell me you have a fix for the P4 or know where to get the fix?

twhitehead said:
I live in Canada and have been told the same thing. My contact tellls me that they do have a fix for the p4 card. One machine in Canada presently that will fix it - $150 for the fix. The p4 cards were readily available for about $75 in Canada but have been told now that they are up to $400 since stations have started to disappear. My understanding is that there is no signal or fix for the p5 cards. I am sure the price for the fix will come down after a few months - similar situation here as when we went from the HU card to the football card.

MikeKO

Apr 12, 2002
You may eventually get a "cracked" P4, but the days of pirated Sat TV are numbered. It is not really very difficult to come up with a secure system, and DTV and Dish are both moving that way. You may have a few years, but thats it. The only workable option is to autorize your systems in the US (or Canada), then move the recievers out of the country. Even that can be shutdown, but since there is no revenue gain to the Sat companies for doing that, there is a lot less incentive for them to fix it.

Mike

newman4ever

Mar 11, 2004
Well gang...like you've all seen, DTV is indeed history. For those saying the P4 won't be hacked, I wouldn't be so sure, but it won't happen anytime soon. I also purchased a few P4 cards just in case. Sure, its a gamble, but I've been in this satellite game since the days of the old F card and there's alot of brilliant minds working on hacking the P4 & P5 cards. Some things you all need to understand....

When the H card (prior to the HU football card) was the only hacked card available, everyone said the HU was unhackable. When the hack for the HU came out, it was made public way too early and the people responsible for hacking it lost alot of money. Or maybe I should say, they didn't make all the money they should have for all the work they put into it. Now rest assured, there's alot of work being done to hack the new cards, and for one simple reason...there's ALOT of money to be made on it. But if/when the hack does come out, it won't be like the days of the HU hack. You will more than likely have to pay a dealer big money to get it done and it won't be very widespread at first. And the hack probably won't be very stable in the beginning until the brainiacs learn more about the security of these new cards. Gone are the days of buying a $99 HU loader and doing it yourself with freeware downloaded off the net.

For now, you basically have 3 options:

1. Pay for a sub from DTV and go legit (I don't recommend this, but to each his own)

2. Get yourself a hacked Dishnetwork system. This system is very stable and has been for some time. Primarily because they don't have the same problems with piracy that DTV had because there are alot less people hacking dish. But hacking Dish isn't as easy as doing DTV, it requires alot of patience, skill with soldering PCB's. If you have no patience for this stuff, best to pay a professional to do it for you.

3. Settle for regular TV and be patient, wait, maybe a hack for the P4/P5 will come out, maybe it wont. Really depends how badly you want TV.

Try to remember that hacking satellite TV is like gambling, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. There are no guarantees, but you try to minimize the risk and go with the best odds. In my professional opinion, that mean going with Dishnetwork for now. Its the most stable and realiable option for satellite TV right now. Will Dishnetwork hack last forever? Of course not, but it should go for a long time and by the time they find a solution for hacking, hopefully a hack for DTV will be available. Then you'll have 2 options to choose from.

Hope this post was helpful and informative. Good luck all, and if you wanna get a Dishnetwork system going, just PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
If you can get your hands on a moderately priced P5 card: Buy it now!

So far they have been able to bypass the on-card mem to allow some of the EOS packets to fall short of their target, the cards themselves can only be activated by Directv themselves and not by a loader etc, the trick if it could be called that it's to use a new board and a selective CAM ID, parts of this will required that you handle hardware to be able to bypass the card's on-board antihack caps.

I tried a new board on mine with a P4 card and it does take a while but I got it up and running after two days of dealing with the packets and avoiding Directv access to my CAM ID.

So far the P5 it's a rock to be reckon with, but give it some more time and a few disgruntled employees and presto!

janet.gif

News Flash!!!

Or is it...

Flashing News???

newman4ever

Mar 11, 2004
The Silver Bullet is not a scam at all...in fact, it's a pretty good reciever. But I'll give a little more info...

Its known as an FTA or Free to Air reciever. There's alot of satellite signals that are free to recieve and this reciever will pick them up (providing you have a dish pointing at the appropriate satellite) And for now, there is a hack which allows it to decrypt Nagravision, the security system used by Dish Network. So you can enter the keys via remote and watch Dishnetwork with one of these recievers.

Now for the downside.....

In the D.R., you'll probably only install 1 dish, maybe 2, so you can't get all the benefits a FTA reciever has to offer.

Most of the FTA channels are like religious programming and some other wierd channels most people wouldn't watch. No HBO's, Showtimes, PPV..etc...

If you want that stuff, sure you can watch it from the Dishnetwork satellite using this reciever, but whenever the decryption keys change, you'll need to go to the internet, find the new keys, enter them via remote, and then you can watch TV again until the keys change.

And finally, I've heard that since these things are gaining popularity, Dishnetwork is targeting them by increasing the speed of the datastream for thier signal and its causing these recievers to not properly decode.

Basically, I think FTA recievers are a good thing, if you live in the US or anywhere else you can use a small dish (18" to 20"), but they just don't seem practical here in the D.R.

But to summarize, no its not a scam. Many people using FTA recievers with alot of success.

Hope that cleared things up.

cookie42693

May 1, 2004
p4 vs. p5

newbie here; just scrambling like everyone else

just some info i came across - i would say its fairly reliable based on other info i've received in the past

"As many of you might not know this, the P5 card has the same chip as the P4 card with some little differences. What makes the P5 card better, is that it is compatible with all High Definition receivers, where as the P4 card is only compatible with some. It also has some other features that will make the card more useful in the long run."

"Keep in mind that the HU cards will be obsolete by the end of April, and these cards will most likely double in price instantly. Also, the word is that the P4 cards will only be around for a short period of time, not like the HU, and after that the only card that will stay active will be the P5 card. If that happens, these cards will be very, very expensive, and extremely hard to get."

"When buying a P5 card, make sure the first four digits of the card number are less than "0014". There is a modification in these cards chip which you do not really want. The card that I am talking about has the first four digits of "0013", and that is the card you want to buy, or any other card with lower numbers. There is a lot of bad P5 cards out there that you do not want to buy, and if you are going to spend a lot of money on the card, you better buy the right one."

"Word of advice, buy a P5 card and not a P4 card; you will come out better in the long run."

coolhardware

May 6, 2004
need dish network receivers with cards programed

need two receivers and cards for dish network please drop me an email frank alvarez said to pm him new to the forum thing dont know what this means any way if he reads this drop me an email men .

coolhardware

May 6, 2004
i want two dish network receivers with the cards

Hi i want to know how much will two dish network receivers and two cards cost me send me the price and the model wich you sale please .