Scotch & Sirloin Restaurant in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanG

Mar 13, 2010
Tonight their sign out front read ' Prime Rib " after going home and grabbing a bottle of fresh horesradish I went to finally try this restaurant but I was unable to place an order.

They were serving rib steak not Prime Rib ....I should have known better

Boo!~

prime rib is interchangeable with rib steak...
I really enjoy the food there. The hotel is nice as well.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
prime rib is interchangeable with rib steak...
I really enjoy the food there. The hotel is nice as well.

Prime Rib is a roast not a steak

Now if the sign said U.S.D.A Prime Rib Eye steak that would be different

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Prime Rib is a roast not a steak

Now if the sign said U.S.D.A Prime Rib Eye steak that would be different

Prime Rib Roast, Roast Prime Rib and Rib Eye Steak are the same thing!

I doubt Scotch & Crotch serves either.

DanG

Mar 13, 2010
When I was there their chef was the owner/chef of EL Toro and my food was excellent. Don't know if you've been to El Toro, but it's far from anything i'd describe as "crotch." Definitely looking forward to going back next month

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
When I was there their chef was the owner/chef of EL Toro and my food was excellent. Don't know if you've been to El Toro, but it's far from anything i'd describe as "crotch." Definitely looking forward to going back next month

I have eaten at El Toro prolly a dozen times, and the only cut I will ever eat is The Filet, most other cuts of local meat can be used to sole Timberlands, I am not exaggerating.

(Sorry about the crotch joke, it was a reference to a prior post in this thread.)

Reactions: mike l

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Prime Rib Roast, Roast Prime Rib and Rib Eye Steak are the same thing!

I doubt Scotch & Crotch serves either.

I will say it again. There is rib steak and then there is a prime rib roast, the steaks are cut from an entire 7 rib roast.

Same with pork chops which are cut from a roast.

PC

Reactions: Tamborista

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Havnt read this whole thread - far too much.

Used to be a El Torro fan.
Itwas a must stop place on our holiday itin.

We tried S&S and we though :

Service was great
Surroundns and atmosphere - fantastic.
Food - Well - I wont be going back to El Torro anymore.
Price - A little on the high side for Sosua - but we will be back tonight!

Have fun y'all

SGA

Feb 2, 2010
went tonight for the first time in a while. place is awesome! food is fantastic!

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
Had dinner there in late November.

I had the Mahi Mahi (good), my wife had shrimp (she loved it) and my buddy had the ribs (he was impressed) ... a little pricy, but not bad ... service was decent, far from great.

Taxes were included in November ("Taxes Included" was carved or Sharpied into the outdoor menu frame, I remember thinking how nice everything looked, except for that "note")

Dec 21, 2008
Had dinner there last night

Mr Silver Fox and I went for dinner last night.

Had a fantastic meal.

Mr Silver Fox had the rib eye (?) and said it was by far the best beef he has eaten since we left Canada. We are originally from Alberta which we think has the best beef on the globe so for him to be pleased...it had to be good. It was cooked exactly as he ordered it. It was the special last night.

I had the Orange Chicken as I am not a huge beef fox. It was fabulous...not too sweet and just the right amount of tart.

Service was excellent. Meal presentation was done nicely. We really like the atmosphere...not too much traffic noise.

We will definitely return for special occasions as it is on the pricey side.

Status
Not open for further replies.