Scotch & Sirloin Restaurant in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
""What do you want me to do, suck your dick?".

I'm sorry, I know this is horrible, but some part of me can't help cheering. How many times in my 25years+ in the service industry have I wanted to say exactly that? While most people handle legitimate complaints in a reasonable manner, some people (ok, maybe not the poor guy who was told that this time) are simply insufferable jerks.

We get it, you're a guest and we're more than happy to have you. We're even grateful for your complaint, as it gives us a chance not only to make it right for you, but also to address any underlying issues to keep it from happening on a regular basis. But relax -- we didn't botch a surgery here, we screwed up a meal / reservation / drink order / bill. It's not the end of the world, and you're not the queen of England. Take a deep breath, calm down, and don't treat us like endentured servants because your fries are cold.

As an aside: my rules for making a complaint:

Care enough to warrant a complaint
Complain to someone who can fix it, not the poor guy who happens to be there at the time
Have a legitimate, SPECIFIC complaint (or series of complaints)
Present a reasonable, viable solution

If I can't marry those four points, I simply don't complain. I just don't go back.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
""What do you want me to do, suck your dick?".

I'm sorry, I know this is horrible, but some part of me can't help cheering. How many times in my 25years+ in the service industry have I wanted to say exactly that? While most people handle legitimate complaints in a reasonable manner, some people (ok, maybe not the poor guy who was told that this time) are simply insufferable jerks.

We get it, you're a guest and we're more than happy to have you. We're even grateful for your complaint, as it gives us a chance not only to make it right for you, but also to address any underlying issues to keep it from happening on a regular basis. But relax -- we didn't botch a surgery here, we screwed up a meal / reservation / drink order / bill. It's not the end of the world, and you're not the queen of England. Take a deep breath, calm down, and don't treat us like endentured servants because your fries are cold.

Complain to someone who can fix it, not the poor guy who happens to be there at the time

If I can't marry those four points, I simply don't complain. I just don't go back.

Are you still the owner of Joseph's Grill & Grape in Sosua by The Sea?
We mine as well be transparant, ay?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002

That was exactly our scenario, except that he made his comment before we able to "Present a reasonable, viable solution".

Reactions: mike l

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Tambo: Nope. Sold the resort along with the restaurant in 08. Did you think I would anonymously post a (somewhat) negative review of a competitor? For shame! ;)

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
does anyone have the phone # for scotch and sirloin an/or know what the hotel rates are?

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
they need to hire ASAP somebody to translate the page in spanish.
It looks that it was translate from a program.
I offer myself to do it for free.

bayman

Jan 23, 2010
There does not seem to be much info on the web on Terra Linda Resort, I have emailed them for a booking from their web site a couple of days ago, but no reply yet.
Anyone have further info on the place? I would have thought that if they want business for their resort, a response within 24 hours would be the norm.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
There does not seem to be much info on the web on Terra Linda Resort, I have emailed them for a booking from their web site a couple of days ago, but no reply yet.
Anyone have further info on the place? I would have thought that if they want business for their resort, a response within 24 hours would be the norm.
I also sent them an email (3 days ago) and have not received a reply.

It sounds like the are not any better at running the hotel.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
It is starting to sound like another business with no idea on how to run a business. Too bad.....

Bob K

bayman

Jan 23, 2010
I rec'd a response to my email on availability at Terra Linda resort this morning, prices are reasonable, for a newly renovated property

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
We had a terrific dinner last night

Mero and a Spanish/Cuban specialty. Huge portions and excellent rice, yucca, plantains, etc.. They have nightly specials--Wed. is Paella. Service was great. The new manager, and good friend Kevin, has given S+S a big boost.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Good grief, if one didn't know better you might think someone had been listening to some feedback and was trying to improve based on customer comments! Time to give this place a try me thinks!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Tonight their sign out front read ' Prime Rib " after going home and grabbing a bottle of fresh horesradish I went to finally try this restaurant but I was unable to place an order.

They were serving rib steak not Prime Rib ....I should have known better

Boo!~

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Tonight their sign out front read ' Prime Rib " after going home and grabbing a bottle of fresh horesradish I went to finally try this restaurant but I was unable to place an order.

They were serving rib steak not Prime Rib ....I should have known better

Boo!~

I hope management did let you let you go home without being "satisfied"!

.....At this point we asked to speak to the kitchen manager or the owner. They brought over the owner. We explain the problem, and rather than apologize, he said, "It will be better next time". My friend said to the owner that he thought that was an insincere statement, and then the owner said. "What do you want me to do, suck your dick?"...

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I hope management did let you let you go home without being "satisfied"!

I thought Kevin was the weekend manager but he was not available and no one had a clue what to do..

It's one and done for me!

And yes Tambo, there were 2 Chicas sitting out front pretending to read the weekly Adscene but we all know those girls do not know how to Read in Russian, German or any other language....the pictures are nice however!

Status
Not open for further replies.