Seeking dance classes for young girls

vermontmark

Aug 23, 2022
Puerto Plata
Hello. We run a home for girls, and are thinking that dance classes might be a great activity. Are there any in the Puerto Plata/Montellano/Sosua area for girls under the age of 10?

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Hello. We run a home for girls, and are thinking that dance classes might be a great activity. Are there any in the Puerto Plata/Montellano/Sosua area for girls under the age of 10?
As a side bar, and hopefully you don't mind the question, but how does a foreigner male get permission from the courts, NNA and CONANI to care after minor females? Just out of curiosity

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
As a side bar, and hopefully you don't mind the question, but how does a foreigner male get permission from the courts, NNA and CONANI to care after minor females? Just out of curiosity
Excellent question.
The amount of potential liabilities are never ending. All it takes is one disgruntled or money hungry relative and your life will become a living hell overnight.

Reactions: Fulano2

vermontmark

Aug 23, 2022
Puerto Plata
Excellent question.
The amount of potential liabilities are never ending. All it takes is one disgruntled or money hungry relative and your life will become a living hell overnight.
Well... create two non-profits with Boards of Directors, move to a foreign country, sacrifice a lot of things, hire staff, navigate a mountain of paperwork, be evaluated by the government in different ways, and more.... and then you are then well on your way to serving children who have adults in the lives who treated them badly.

Aug 21, 2007
There is a ballet school in Puerto Plata, I understand. The Casa de Cultura en Sosúa taught ballet in years past but a not sure if they still do. You can stop by and check.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Well... create two non-profits with Boards of Directors, move to a foreign country, sacrifice a lot of things, hire staff, navigate a mountain of paperwork, be evaluated by the government in different ways, and more.... and then you are then well on your way to serving children who have adults in the lives who treated them badly.
Given the risk involved, I sincerely hope the rewards are plentiful.

What made you/ the Board choose the DR?

Reactions: JD Jones
Aug 21, 2007
What is the name of your non-profits? Are they DR non-profits or US based one? Just curious. I have both a DR non-profit and a sister non-profit in the US.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Is it one non-profit for boys, and one for girls? Or are you only interested in female children?

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I would be trying to acquire second hand instruments and teach kids how to play, and some music education than looking for bachata dancing for minors. It's not like you'll find jazz or tap, etc. Is your foundation actually up and running with inhabitants or is this still in the planning phase. Still not quite sure how you got permission for this. A school is one thing, but a home for minor girls? Doesn't sit right with me.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
If the state were to find abused minors or minors from unfit parents or otherwise broken homes, the CONANI, together with the child courts, the fiscalia de NNA, would send them to special facilities in SD or Jarabacoa. Your foundation would somehow have to be granted certain custodial rights, and I find that a stretch.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
CONANI in Jarabacoa looks like a high security prison with twelve ft walls topped in razor wire. Most of children that are in there go to regular public school but are picked up and dropped off my CONANI. The place is full.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Does beg the question.
Of course it does, and many more.

I made a post before with a lot of questions that really went off topic on the subject of the thread that I soft deleted just to give Mark the benefit of the doubt. We shall see.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
CONANI in Jarabacoa looks like a high security prison with twelve ft walls topped in razor wire. Most of children that are in there go to regular public school but are picked up and dropped off my CONANI. The place is full.
Thanks Bob ... your knowledge is appreciated