Sex education

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
We know their ultimate goal is the legalization of killing a child in the womb. If that isn't radical nothing is.

You do know the fact that Hispaniola is the most overpopulated island on the Caribbean, right? We agree on many things regarding the DR, Chip, but on this one, regrettably, we have to part ways. Better for him/her to be killed at the womb than for him/her to victimize others as a young delinquent, or for him/her to be killed by the police. The same Church that rails against abortion and family planning is the same one asking "mano dura", so it's high time they (and the society at large) learned that one can't have the cake and eat it too. Something has to give.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You do know the fact that Hispaniola is the most overpopulated island on the Caribbean, right? We agree on many things regarding the DR, Chip, but on this one, regrettably, we have to part ways. Better for him/her to be killed at the womb than for him/her to victimize others as a young delinquent, or for him/her to be killed by the police. The same Church that rails against abortion and family planning is the same one asking "mano dura", so it's high time they (and the society at large) learned that one can't have the cake and eat it too. Something has to give.

At least you come out and admit that we are discussing the eventual legalization of killing of a child. I'm sure MA et al aren't going to be pleased you let the cat out of the bag.

At any rate the first step toward eliminating wrongdoing is first recognizing it.

Regarding "mano dura" I think we would all just settle for there being enough police present and gas in their vehicles to do their job. It would help to if we could reject the thousands of drug delinquents the US sends us every year.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Well I am shocked by the rigid constitutional amendment that is in place now in the Dominican Republic which prohibits abortion even to save the life of the mother. I have a hard time understanding it.

I do try to understand that some people think that a fetus which cannot survive outside the womb is more important that the life of the woman.. but I cannot. It does not make sense. Before a fetus can survive on its own, it is just a collection of cells, that is all it is. Most countries acknowledge this in their laws.

The stats in this country are pretty dismal when it comes to adolesent pregnancies. And for pregnacies for unmarried women.

I just wonder what is it that the Church is proposing to do about those?

Except to attack the groups who are trying to do something?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The Church considers all human life equally valuable and thus killing hundreds of children to save the life of one person is not a moral solution. In fact it's not even logical, as if that were important to some.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
MA, your logic fails because you would propose killing hundreds to save one life. Fortunately, Dominicans aren't as dumb as many of you claim and won't be buying this anytime soon.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
The history is well established where this is going, whether you guys acknowledge it or not.

2zzi88l.png

The Church considers all human life equally valuable and thus killing hundreds of children to save the life of one person is not a moral solution. In fact it's not even logical, as if that were important to some.

Definitely not important to you.
Even if it was your wife's life to be saved (When she was pregnant)?

She's gotta love you for that, especially if it was the third pregnancy and she thus would not be around to raise her first 2 kids. Kill the wife, save an embryo.

Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo​

"R"

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'll answer that "MT",because chip doesn't like to talk about the use of birth control to prevent abortions.
"NO!"
If the "church" would allow the use of "Birth Control", abortions would decrease by millions per year!
BUT, then so would the number of sources of revenue for the 'POOP"!
Millions of unwanted babies, born to mothers with no possible way to nurture them, to fathers who are on to their next victim, before the last one is born?????
Now THAT's "Godly", right??????????????????????
The catholic church prefers to collect donations more than it values to prevent suffering!
After all, remember, it's for, "The LOVE? Of God"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
PS., I HATE ABORTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE preventing unwanted pregnancies in the first place.
If my daughters, at some time Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery distant from now, choose to have sexual relationships before marriage,
I'll buy the "PILLS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, once married with their children, and they then wish to limit the size of their families, I'll buy more!
My 11 year old, was baptized last weel\k, had her first communion on Saturday,and went to church yesterday to "Honor The "VIGIN"? Mary.
I'm VERY proud of her.
At this age she is a "Good Chatholic"!
As she matures in life, I want her to be a "Smart Catholic"!

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2011
I'll answer that "MT",because chip doesn't like to talk about the use of birth control to prevent abortions.
"NO!"
If the "church" would allow the use of "Birth Control", abortions would decrease by millions per year!
BUT, then so would the number of sources of revenue for the 'POOP"!
Millions of unwanted babies, born to mothers with no possible way to nurture them, to fathers who are on to their next victim, before the last one is born?????
Now THAT's "Godly", right??????????????????????
The catholic church prefers to collect donations more than it values to prevent suffering!
After all, remember, it's for, "The LOVE? Of God"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Church loves poverty.

“MT [Mother Teresa] was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction.” ― Christopher Hitchens

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
let me ask, Chip.. holding our differences on abortion aside

is it against Church doctrine to use a condom in any circumstances?

Answer me first if you condone killing 100 people to save 1?

We know what the answer is of course.

When we can see eye to eye on this point other issues can be discussed. When there is a fire one doesn't cut off the lights before trying to put it out.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The Church loves poverty.

“MT [Mother Teresa] was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction.” ― Christopher Hitchens

Typical misinformation.

Mother Teresa and the Catholic Church have done more for the poor than all you atheists combined, not that you guys were ever interested in the poor, well maybe theoretically.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
As I KNEW, chip, and/or his so called church, don't want responsible use of birth control to be any part of their discussion!
Every time a catholic couple decide it is in their, and the potential child's, long term best interest, to use birth control, the church just sees one less donor!
"SUFFER, then "Pay Up"!

Dec 26, 2011
As I KNEW, chip, and/or his so called church, don't want responsible use of birth control to be any part of their discussion!
Every time a catholic couple decide it is in their, and the potential child's, long term best interest, to use birth control, the church just sees one less donor!
"SUFFER, then "Pay Up"!

There's a very direct correlation between higher education and a higher standard of living and decreased religiosity. Simply put, in societies where there is less of a struggle to exist, the God concept loses relevance. Therefore, it's in the Church's best interest to make sure, as the Lord said, that the poor will always be with us.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
well it does seem to me that the Catholic Church does love the poor since they produce so many of them

but I did think that I heard something about the last Pope saying something about the use of condoms for the prevention of HIV being permitted...

(you might consider this, ccccc.. the pill may not be the best choice... maybe both.. in the DISTANT future)

plus of course,, I never heard of a woman who gave birth to one hundred.. so the question is silly

I am actually for the idea that a woman should have control over her own womb and should decide if she is ready and willing to be a mother. I think that it takes at least ONE human being .. preferably TWO but at least ONE.. to be present for at least 18 years to raise a child... Now in this country.. and lots of others, the fathers are NOT present. So if you force women who do not want those children to have them, that is a gift of an unwated life.

So as soon as you take in a few unwanted children, Chip, I am gonna have a lot more respect for you.

There are a couple of them who sleep on the sidewalk right in front of the Hotel Jaragua.

I am sure that you can find some right close to where you live as well.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The underling issue of the whole anti abortion stance of the catholic church is, to control women, and keeping them subservient to men.
Nuns are another clue to how they see the role of women.
Until the church see women as equal to men in "God's World" the church will never leave it's "Prehistoric" doctrine behind!
That should be about, NEVER!
It's GOOD at the TOP!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Dec 26, 2011
The underling issue of the whole anti abortion stance of the catholic church is, to control women, and keeping them subservient to men.
Nuns are another clue to how they see the role of women.
Until the church see women as equal to men in "God's World" the church will never leave it's "Prehistoric" doctrine behind!
That should be about, NEVER!
It's GOOD at the TOP!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

This is another sad but fascinating topic. It's been written about at length, specifically with regards to the history of the role the Church played in the colonization of Latin America. Marianismo, in stark contrast with machismo, encouraged women to aspire to emulate the Virgin Mary. This made them subservient, passive, obedient, morally pure, and accepting of the most egregious of abuses from machos- sexual, physical, verbal and emotional. It's closely linked with fatalismo, the belief that one must passively accept their lot in life.

Strong women are not favored by the Church. Saint Paul admonished them to keep silent on matters of doctrine and to stay out of trouble by busying themselves with raising children. The Church perpetuates this archaic thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.