Sex education

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There's a very direct correlation between higher education and a higher standard of living and decreased religiosity.

There is a direct relationship between a higher standard of living and the killing of children.

Sounds barbaric, to say the least. So much for the "higher" standard.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
AND the small matter of using "Birth Control"?
Why can't the church stop the killing of humans in the womb by preventing the "Human" egg from being fertilized in the first place.
Or are all births of catholics the result of just more "Virgin Births"?????
STILL, "NO COMMENT" "father" chip???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
We all know the purpose of deviating the conversation from the real topic.

Fortunately, Dominicans, and for that fact many countries, have realized that actions and statistics speak louder than words, pretty ones and big ones granted.

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Moves to the D.R this summer
I think it's interesting when someone - Chip - says I'm wrong but has nothing to back him up, then gpes on to tell another poster, mountainannie, that she has no facts but still doesn't give any himself.

here is an article that talks about one (of several) studies that shows that abortion rates are higher in countries where they are illegal (and where they are illegal, condoms etc are hard to get your hands on and sexual education rarely exists):

Higher abortion rates where it's illegal in other countries

"Abortion rates are higher in countries where the procedure is illegal and nearly half of all abortions worldwide are unsafe, with the vast majority in developing countries, a new study concludes."

"About 47,000 women died from unsafe abortions in 2008, and another 8.5 million women had serious medical complications. Almost all unsafe abortions were in developing countries, where family planning and contraceptive programs have mostly levelled off."

So, there are some facts. I'm guessing you'll just say I'm wrong again, or that the people who conducted the study have an agenda - but then you still won't give me your facts that supposedly would prove me wrong?

Another important reason for sex ed is so that both boys and girls know how their bodies work (you know, periods, where do babies come from, etc) - so that they don't go around thinking that a pregnant woman carries 100 babies in her womb (I still don't understand where your number killing 100 to save one comes from, but I'm certain it's irrelevant).

Women who are raped, whose lives are threatened by the pregnancy, who are to young to have kids, or who just don't want them should be able to have an abortion. Without anyone asking them why. With birth control available the number of pregnancies would go down, but some would still get pregnant, with or without birth control. You might think that means that a child is being killed, but women are dying every day because of unsafe abortions. And YOU will never be pregnant. YOU will never have to have your body invaded when taking the very difficult decision that I'm certain it is to have an abortion

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
CPR? I thought that was for heart attacks

lol......
Actually it was the method of birth control practised by most, if not all, back in the day.
CPR in long form was the very reliable Canadian Pacific Railway.
It was also the "pull out on time" method of the day.
:classic:.....chuckle, chuckle.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I think it's interesting when someone - Chip - says I'm wrong but has nothing to back him up, then gpes on to tell another poster, mountainannie, that she has no facts but still doesn't give any himself.

here is an article that talks about one (of several) studies that shows that abortion rates are higher in countries where they are illegal (and where they are illegal, condoms etc are hard to get your hands on and sexual education rarely exists):

Higher abortion rates where it's illegal in other countries

"Abortion rates are higher in countries where the procedure is illegal and nearly half of all abortions worldwide are unsafe, with the vast majority in developing countries, a new study concludes."

"About 47,000 women died from unsafe abortions in 2008, and another 8.5 million women had serious medical complications. Almost all unsafe abortions were in developing countries, where family planning and contraceptive programs have mostly levelled off."

So, there are some facts. I'm guessing you'll just say I'm wrong again, or that the people who conducted the study have an agenda - but then you still won't give me your facts that supposedly would prove me wrong?

Another important reason for sex ed is so that both boys and girls know how their bodies work (you know, periods, where do babies come from, etc) - so that they don't go around thinking that a pregnant woman carries 100 babies in her womb (I still don't understand where your number killing 100 to save one comes from, but I'm certain it's irrelevant).

Women who are raped, whose lives are threatened by the pregnancy, who are to young to have kids, or who just don't want them should be able to have an abortion. Without anyone asking them why. With birth control available the number of pregnancies would go down, but some would still get pregnant, with or without birth control. You might think that means that a child is being killed, but women are dying every day because of unsafe abortions. And YOU will never be pregnant. YOU will never have to have your body invaded when taking the very difficult decision that I'm certain it is to have an abortion

With all due respect I have posted statistics on abortion in other threads.

If you didn't know already very little statistics from the Guttmacher Institute can be regarded as an impartial source given their stance, which I hope you are aware of.

Furthermore, you are no doubt not aware of the fact that statistics used to support legalized abortion during the Roe and Way case were falsified and exaggerated, to say the least.

The facts are in the US since abortion was legalized it has increased tenfold. The information is out there. Please be objective and don't go to Planned Parenthood, the Dem Party webpage nor much less the Guttmacher Institute's site to get info.

BTW, here is a good example of skewing statistics, the report states 47,000 women died last year from unsafe abortions but don't mention 13,000,000 children were legally destroyed in the womb.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Alright already Chip.
I think we get the picture.
You don't like abortions.
Here's a concept made just for you......don't have one.
Problem solved.
When it comes the time to go eyeball to eyeball with good old Saint Peter, your intolerance just might end up being an issue.
Tread carefully my friend..........You may not have been put here on earth to be judge and jury.
Live and let others live according to their faith and belief.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Alright already Chip.
Problem solved.
When it comes the time to go eyeball to eyeball with good old Saint Peter, your intolerance just might end up being an issue.
Tread carefully my friend..........You may not have been put here on earth to be judge and jury.

Perfect!!!!!!

Back on topic............................

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Alright already Chip.
Problem solved.

The problem with that is I was raised to help the needy and the weak.

I understand for many, like yourself apparently, that people in these types of situations aren't worthy of our help but I'm afraid I will disagree.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012

If God wanted abortion to be wrong, there would be an 11th Commandment

ap7bjr.png

If Grasshopper ever got captured while in the military, we know he would never answer questions!

Do Not Quote / Do Not Quote / Do Not Quote / Do Not Quote​

"R"

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
The DR needs sex education and access to birth control. Most Dominican parents never have the "sex" talk with their kids and a lot of kids and adults do not know anything about the reproductive system and general sex ed.

People should be encouraged to use condoms to reduce STDs and unwanted pregnancy. Just telling people to keep their legs closed until marriage is not working.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
The DR needs sex education and access to birth control. Most Dominican parents never have the "sex" talk with their kids and a lot of kids and adults do not know anything about the reproductive system and general sex ed.

People should be encouraged to use condoms to reduce STDs and unwanted pregnancy. Just telling people to keep their legs closed until marriage is not working.

Exactly.
If there is any place in the world that needs lots of "sex education" it is surely the Dominican Republic....
And not just for the kids either.
We keep coming back to the same place all the time, over and over again.
Education, education, education
is the light and the way to a better day.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Education is the key in first world countries, and when mistakes are made they make them them go away.

With logic like that you can keep "progress" to yourselves. Barbaros.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Another thread gone.

Once you have one Chip, you have to eat the whole bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.