Shooting in Zona Colonial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I know, it?s common for people who live in a foreign country to criticize it, but it?s also common for them to get the usual "go back to your country" comment.

I used to have some French friends who lived and worked in the U.S. and one of their favorite topics of discussion was american stupidity. Even watching t.v. became some analysis of how stupid Americans are or why they?re so obese, but yeah, they also got the "why don?t you go back to France" comment often when they tried to tell American colleagues how things were done back home.

The thing is that they didn?t want to leave ?cause they had a good job and a nice lifestyle, which they enjoyed. They were happy!

I also know plenty of Dominicans who don?t like living in Europe and the U.S. but they stay because the money they can make.

What I don?t get about the whinny gringos here is that you can smell their misery, they are not any richer, happier or really having a good lifestyle. They have to go an extra mile to get simple things like water, electricity, have a flushing toilet and live in decent conditions....and yet, they choose to stay! To me, that doesn?t make any sense.

I am also amused how they talk about how honest they are, or how honest the people where they?re from are, but then they come here to gloat on how they stole something, bribed someone or kept someone else?s change. Seriously???

So, wtf, GO BACK HOME!! Do something about your situation. You only live once!!!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
You only live once!!!

How do you know that?

That sounds silly doesn't it. Maybe as silly as we are children of the earth, the earth is our home, why go back to somewhere you've been before, or were born? Why should the place you have lived before be home? To most it is a natural thought, but not to all. It's a bit like running back to mothers apron strings rather than facing up to things and doing your best with what you have, making yourself happy rather than the physical things around you, or what others have or do. Everything around you can be sh1t and falling to bits, but if you're happy in yourself then you're doing alright in my book.
You know if people are whining all the time constantly, I just walk away, leave them be, I don't even offer word of wisdom, just switch off, the whining doesn't exist and that makes things so much happier for me in that moment. Why would I waste my time listening to someone or responding to someone who I knew was never going to change, or stop whining about whatever they do. Let them get on with it, separate yourself, you know your wasting your breath and time.
My 2pence.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
How do you know that?

That sounds silly doesn't it. Maybe as silly as we are children of the earth, the earth is our home, why go back to somewhere you've been before, or were born? Why should the place you have lived before be home? To most it is a natural thought, but not to all. It's a bit like running back to mothers apron strings rather than facing up to things and doing your best with what you have, making yourself happy rather than the physical things around you, or what others have or do. Everything around you can be sh1t and falling to bits, but if you're happy in yourself then you're doing alright in my book.
You know if people are whining all the time constantly, I just walk away, leave them be, I don't even offer word of wisdom, just switch off, the whining doesn't exist and that makes things so much happier for me in that moment. Why would I waste my time listening to someone or responding to someone who I knew was never going to change, or stop whining about whatever they do. Let them get on with it, separate yourself, you know your wasting your breath and time.
My 2pence.

i am confused. aren't you the guy who advocates the removal of Dominicans from the landscape as the solution for the social malaise? sounds like bitching to me, from where i view it.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
i am confused. aren't you the guy who advocates the removal of Dominicans from the landscape as the solution for the social malaise? sounds like bitching to me, from where i view it.

Advocates? No, that would mean I would support or even be involved in the removal and I never said that. I said the place would be a better place to live and get on without them here, they fuk everything up. I never mentioned anything at all about the actual removal, why? Because that would be funking stupid would it not? Just as you are being by trying to press this issue on this. Dominicans are never going to be removed from DR, can you get that or are you really worried I might take over?

Bitching? Yes but everything sounds like bitching to you, but only because you want it to, not because it is.

If you need an example of bitching take a look at your obsession with my post, now you are really bitching relentlessly on this one sunny, you need to relax, work it all out for yourself, I can't help you figure it out, your to one dimensional for a discussion with me. You don't understand conversation, it seems the words themselves only register with you, why you argue so much, you don't seem to understand people very well, or if you do then you try not to for your own childish entertainment, which is tiring to say the least.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Gone too far off topic to keep open, herding cats would be easier than keeping some of you on topic.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.