Sick and tired of parking meters (santiago) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Of course, and when people start breaking the meters, you will start calling them animals and uncivilize? right?

I support meters in the Downtown area, i need to congratulate the City Hall for that initiative :bunny:

Wrong! They will be my role models.
Its easy to support meters when you live in the boondocks of atlanta, among rednecks. Don't you have your welfare food stamps to spend in some grocery store?
AZB

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
so we have to resort to violence and social disturbance in order for our voices to be heard? Not a single santiaguero approved it, we were not even asked. Santiagueros are tame enough to let them install the meters on the main avenues but now the city has decided to take over all the streets. Lets see how long this will last. I have a feeling, the meters will be destroyed soon.
AZB

I'm just surprised no one has thought of Sr. Coqui, you know that grazy clue guy that hangs out at the hardware stores. I'll bet he would have a solution to your problem.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I'm just surprised no one has thought of Sr. Coqui, you know that grazy clue guy that hangs out at the hardware stores. I'll bet he would have a solution to your problem.

coqui is expensive, try the 10 peso glue at your local colmado.
yes eddy, we have thought of that. My problem is that i am civilized person, I just can't bring myself to destroying city property. maybe if a tigre would do that, i might support him. hahaha
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
A bit more info on the meter parking rules please.

Are they in affect 24/7, or just business hours M-F. What is maximum parking time before a re-up and how much for the maximum time.

I ask because i was told there are now meters outside the Colonial Hotel and i often park over night there. Especially on weekends. Thanks...........

they are outside of hotel colonial too.
monday-saturday 8am till 6pm.

I have solved my problem for now. i will park my car in the street where my friend lives. Its about 3 blocks away from my office. No meters there yet and they keep an eye on my car.
AZB

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
With the shortage of coins, how is one going to pay for these meters?:ermm:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
With the shortage of coins, how is one going to pay for these meters?:ermm:

This is another problem. its not easy to get coins. If the meter guy is there, he gives change but he is not there all the time so we have to beg the shop keepers to give out change. We even buy things so we get some change but often times, they also don't have change. You can only put in 1 peso or 5 peso coin in the meter. I usually save my change and use it on meters. now I will park far away, away from metered streets, so i won't have to worry about tickets.
AZB

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Maybe you deserve to live in atlanta among rednecks. you think like one for sure.
AZB

Wrong again, the majority of the people living here in Atlanta are from the Northeast, Midwest and the West (NY, NJ, CT, OH, Michigan, CA).

The Rednecks live in southern GA, Macon, Griffin, Savannah and Valdosta :bunny: NO rednecks in the Atlanta Metropolitan area.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Wrong! They will be my role models.
Its easy to support meters when you live in the boondocks of atlanta, among rednecks. Don't you have your welfare food stamps to spend in some grocery store?
AZB

Wrong again like always, only Downtown Atlanta has meters, and i don't live in Downtown, i live in Midtown (NO meters).

People like me young, healthy, strong with a good paying job don't qualify for walfare food Stamps (by the way GA doesn't have Food Stamps) they give like a debit card now.

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
they are outside of hotel colonial too.
monday-saturday 8am till 6pm.

I have solved my problem for now. i will park my car in the street where my friend lives. Its about 3 blocks away from my office. No meters there yet and they keep an eye on my car.
AZB

Is this affecting your business at all? Are your clients able to find parking?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Is this affecting your business at all? Are your clients able to find parking?

Clients are happy to be able to find parking anywhere, unlike before, no parking in few blocks radius. I am able to park right in front of my building but finding coins is another problem. now I will park in a residential street near my office, so good bye meters. i will only use meters on rainy days.

By the way ezegirl, I lived in atlanta for many years and I was in atlanta just last week. I know what atlanta is all about. Oh please don't tell me you are healthy, young and fit. chances are you are over weight and with chichos around your belly. No one is fit in atlanta unless they are in gym and workout regularly. now you will tell me you are a gym freak. yeah right.
AZB

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Clients are happy to be able to find parking anywhere, unlike before, no parking in few blocks radius. I am able to park right in front of my building but finding coins is another problem. now I will park in a residential street near my office, so good bye meters. i will only use meters on rainy days.

By the way ezegirl, I lived in atlanta for many years and I was in atlanta just last week. I know what atlanta is all about. Oh please don't tell me you are healthy, young and fit. chances are you are over weight and with chichos around your belly. No one is fit in atlanta unless they are in gym and workout regularly. now you will tell me you are a gym freak. yeah right.
AZB

LoL, just laughing a bit here, don't need to go to the gym my metabolism is great, i don't have chichos around my belly either, i'm fit and healthy :bunny:

Just because you are full of chichos doesn't mean us Dominican are full of chichos.

elton

My thread snapped!
Jul 1, 2008
are we gaining anything from all this ?- time to close it before everyone gets abused I think ( my application for moderator must have got lost in the post)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Dude you really sound familiar. Where o where is John Evans......but yes its time to close. Were is the moderator.:ermm:

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
LoL, just laughing a bit here, don't need to go to the gym my metabolism is great, i don't have chichos around my belly either, i'm fit and healthy :bunny:

Just because you are full of chichos doesn't mean us Dominican are full of chichos.

well, I was hoping you were a fat slob like I imagined you to be. Oh well, life is not fair.
I am off to the gym to burn my chichos. :(
AZB

Status
Not open for further replies.