single, visiting in December

drny

Jun 12, 2007
Hey chill out, be a bit less aggressive and read th "21 things to learn before you come to the DR" thread... don't be judge and jury to a poster asking advice questions here - surely it is unnecessary and, if I was visiting for the first time, it would put me off my holiday to be honest. Get a bit of "dominican optimism".

I just said the truth as I saw it. You can disagree if you want. If She's going to go out there and and open with a post like that then she opens herself up to whatever criticism comes her way. Would you like me to only give replies with positive reinforcement? After she's practically telling the world, "look at me, I'm going to DR to get pummelled by some sankie,and by the way, I'm a cutie, can you help me"?. If the shoe fits, let her wear it. We state our opinions here and that's mine.

I rather deal with a little bit of "Dominican Realism". You can be as "optimistic" as you want.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I just said the truth as I saw it. You can disagree if you want. If She's going to go out there and and open with a post like that then she opens herself up to whatever criticism comes her way. Would you like me to only give replies with positive reinforcement? After she's practically telling the world, "look at me, I'm going to DR to get pummelled by some sankie,and by the way, I'm a cutie, can you help me"?. If the shoe fits, let her wear it. We state our opinions here and that's mine.

I rather deal with a little bit of "Dominican Realism". You can be as "optimistic" as you want.

admits to being "shot down in flames"

pengkris

Sep 3, 2007
Typical questions??. Let me get this straight- In review of your opening post: You sign up as a member of a forum to get advise on going to a foreign country and "hooking up for a one night stand" as you put it, being that you are fresh out of a relationship , and you so admire the ability of sankies being able to scam women. So why not give them a shot at you, right? You're looking for genuine advice.... of course. " No love" as you say. Just some old fashion anonymous screwing, I suppose? I guess your loins are ready for some more action after all that "BS "you've just finished going through in your recent relationship. But hey, who am I to judge? As you say, these are just "TYPICAL" questions for a self respected 32 year old lady as yourself to post on the internet. Yes dear, you should feel sorry for me. I've run into more than my share of young ladies like you.

Hence, the reason your here so often! And the BS is not from my last relationship. When did it become punishable to want to escape reality and reinvent yourself for a week?! Yes, was asking for advice! Yes, you gave it, but damn you don't have to be so F'ing rude about it. You seem so bored with question's about sankies, then don't go into these threads!!! You can be open and honest about questions that disgust you, but respond with a bit of grace! You did get one thing you said right "respectable" to a fault. Maybe looking for something a little different! F'ing lock me up and throw away the key!

drny

Jun 12, 2007
Hence, the reason your here so often! And the BS is not from my last relationship. When did it become punishable to want to escape reality and reinvent yourself for a week?! Yes, was asking for advice! Yes, you gave it, but damn you don't have to be so F'ing rude about it. You seem so bored with question's about sankies, then don't go into these threads!!! You can be open and honest about questions that disgust you, but respond with a bit of grace! You did get one thing you said right "respectable" to a fault. Maybe looking for something a little different! F'ing lock me up and throw away the key!

Grace??
I you had opened the thread some grace or disagreed with me gracefully I would have responded likewise. But , if you want to come on the board and open up with terminology like "hook up" and "one night stand" then I'll respond accordingly. What the do you want me to think, that you're a wallflower? You came out sounding like a slut. If you can come out like that then I figure you can handle it. I'm not going to sugar coat it for you.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Before this gets really out of hand and someone gets banned :(.... why doesn't someone take the higher road and ignore the other?

If you want to hook up or have a one night stand--- go have your fun! Not that you need my blessing or permission :). Just be careful. These men are slick and very smooth. Especially, if you are vulnerable. Since you are aware of them and know what to look for you should be ok.

I don't know if the thread is still available ...... My phone is broken....the lines they use but that's interesting as well.

If you haven't been scared away..... welcome...

Last edited:

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Don't scare her away. She's actually a fairly rare find. A pre-sankie woman who is upfront about her interests and intentions. Versus the hypocritical "went for an innocent weekend in the sun and met the most amazing guy" woman who thinks guys on the north coast are disgusting, but goes out of her way to do the exact same thing.

Pengkris' candor that she's the female equivalent of your average Boca Chica/Sosua single male tourist, makes her an exceedingly interesting person (and welcome addition) to have on this website.

Honesty really is the best policy, you know....

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

You go on a public forum about the DR to tell the world you are going to reinvent yourself as a sankie-loving floozy.

Sankies have one of the worst reputations on that island, yet you are telling us that you are looking forward to diving into this cesspool headfirst.

And you want us to applaud? Who will be next when you finish with the DR-Ramon from "Bang Brothers?"

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I guess this is her first time - she thinks it is fun and cool. If she comes back without a large sum of money, having to cancel stolen credit cards and deal with charges and maybe with an STD - she will come back to this message board to complain.

OP - DR has so much to offer without this crap, why would you want to get yourself in trouble?

Have a great vacation!

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Why are men applauded, given specifics places to go, names of taxi drivers, pictures of cabanas...tips on how NOT to get ripped off by the PUTAS-- (we ran around the whole island with Sun&Buns with his puta nonsense)

BUT

if a woman says she wants to go......she's vilified....

Who are we to judge? She wants info we should provide it so she doesn't get ripped off--- just like we do for the men!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
You know, I think it is different for women and for men. Those guys (sankies) have a physical advantage when they deal with women. Some of them can be aggressive and maybe even violent - just like in case of that foreigner who followed me to the bank and tried agressively press on me to give him money. It can end bad. I think she should know the truth.

mouse07

Sep 2, 2007
aiaiaiaiaiai

Listen sweety
if you never had been in dr you can't understand how miserable and dirty is the sanky buz.
I just got out of a relationship with a gorgeaus dominican myself and I tell you that after being there numerous times " you don't want to get there to find someone to spend time and rest" unles you are mad at yourself (seriously mad)

hit me back and I'll give you more insides in private
Massimo from Italy

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Why are men applauded, given specifics places to go, names of taxi drivers, pictures of cabanas...tips on how NOT to get ripped off by the PUTAS-- (we ran around the whole island with Sun&Buns with his puta nonsense)

BUT

if a woman says she wants to go......she's vilified....

Who are we to judge? She wants info we should provide it so she doesn't get ripped off--- just like we do for the men!
Take your own condoms and make sure they put them on and they don't sneak them off.

Buy or rent a cell phone or take an unlocked GSM phone and buy a local SIM card.

Find a good reliable English-speaking taxi driver to take you to the cabana and pick you up.
Get him to take a picture of you and your putos so he knows where you are and who you are with.

Don't get drunk, stoned, or emotionally attached.
Practice the 3 F's.
Find 'em, f*&# 'em, and forget 'em.:tired:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Grace??
I you had opened the thread some grace or disagreed with me gracefully I would have responded likewise.
Yes!!!!!! Live and let live. She knows what she wants and who are you to judge? If she were a sankie victim looking for sympathy, I can understand your 'sermon'.

IMO, most times, people who use the 'moral pulpit' to condemn others are themselves morally bankrupt ... like former Republican Senator, Larry Craig looking for gay sex in an airport washroom while pointing an accusing finger at everyone else. :ermm:

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Nobody is judging. But she is a 32 year-old woman and maybe she should not act like a teenager on Spring Break when the realities of the activities she will be engaging in are not at all like going to Cancun or Florida. This is the DR, and it is a different beast.

The fact of the matter is, if she is traveling alone to the DR to get laid she is much more vulnerable than a man would be-and that is why we are telling her that it is not a good idea.

I've seen dominicans get very aggressive with their foreign partners when they don't get what they want, and the woman is at a disadvantage in this case.

So for those enablers who are telling her to pack her condoms and go get her groove on, the reality is a little more complicated than that.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
...So for those enablers who are telling her to pack her condoms and go get her groove on, the reality is a little more complicated than that.
She's an ADULT and is not asking for guidance, rather she knows what she wants and will get it. So you can preach 'till the cows come home, it ain't registerin'. I sense hypocrisy here .... you've admitted to having your share of tawdry sexual encounters in the DR, but the OP is being admonished for her desire to do the same (which she may not proceed with).

If she returns here with a sob story after 'getting her groove on' then she can 'get it with both barrels'.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I've read most of your postings and articles, and wow'ed at the amount of info. So how often do you visit the DR, and are you opposed to "hooking up?"

BTW, agree with the no email and phone number exchange.

You wont get the same treatment if you dont give A number and email address out, so make one up. Play their game... now that you know better. Act like you care for them just like they act about you then leave and never look back again!

pengkris

Sep 3, 2007
Lol

Wow, did I open a can of worms or what?! Thanks to all that defend me, and gave good advice. Re-reading my original post, I didn't state that I was Going to hook up, nor did I say with a Sankie. It was a question? Yes, curiosity kills the cat. I have been several places in the Carribbean, Europe, Asia etc. I just wanted the vibe on the DR specifically. I have never slept with someone on a vacation that I didn't bring with me (maybe I should have?!) LOL!! But I'm in an unusual place in my life (dating) and I booked a flight to a place I've never been on a whim. Goodness, like all of you who tore me a new a--hole have NEVER had a one night stand? Never brought someone home from the club that you didn't care if you ever saw again. Damn, I'd hate to be on that pedistal!:tired: Anyway, this has been fun and refreshing. Maybe its back to Aruba maybe the Caymens. Ya'll have scared me far enough away from the Dominican.

Best wishes, Good luck and peace out!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Well, if you sift through the advice you will get some good ones. I hope you enjoy your time. We see enough people come thorough and always come back. Let us know how it goes for you!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
She's an ADULT and is not asking for guidance, rather she knows what she wants and will get it. So you can preach 'till the cows come home, it ain't registerin'. I sense hypocrisy here .... you've admitted to having your share of tawdry sexual encounters in the DR, but the OP is being admonished for her desire to do the same (which she may not proceed with).

If she returns here with a sob story after 'getting her groove on' then she can 'get it with both barrels'.

Hey Shad,
read my post. It SAYS-(paraphrasing)
Those type of encounters are different for a man than a single woman travelling by herself to a country shes' never been in. This is not hypocrisy-IT IS THE TRUTH.
You sense hypocrisy-I sense illiteracy. Why do I have to state the same thing fifty damn times in fifty different ways for some people to understand the point?