single, visiting in December

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
If she plays smart she shouldnt have any problems..

Bring your own condoms and USE THEM.

Have a fake email address and a story about changing phone carriers as soon as you get home because of some problem.

Lie about how long you will be in town(say 3 weeks if your staying 2) to everyone so you can leave abruptly and not have them thinking or expecting some huge return on your last day.All the locals always ask how long your staying and where your staying.

Be careful of your valuables at all times! Lock away money, your passport and expensive jewelry and don't let him in your room if possible rent a cabana or another cheap room.

Don't give out your full name if possible make up a last name and where you are really from.

Above all be cautious of your new friends and take everything they say as possibly a lie.

After this have some fun and be as demanding as you want! Just be sure to put your toy back on the shelf when your done playing with them so someone else can play with them when you leave.

drny

Jun 12, 2007
Hey Shad,

I wonder if you would have been so supportive if the OP were your sister/daughter/niece or just somebody you really careed about and it were just the two of you discussing this in a room. What advice would you reallly give her?. I mean, we are all here to help each other out, right?

Just wondering, being that you mentioned hypocrysy.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... It SAYS-(paraphrasing)
Those type of encounters are different for a man than a single woman travelling by herself to a country shes' never been in. This is not hypocrisy-IT IS THE TRUTH.
You sense hypocrisy-I sense illiteracy. Why do I have to state the same thing fifty damn times in fifty different ways for some people to understand the point?
Firstly, you're stating your opinion and there aren't CREDIBLE FACTS to support your assertion. And secondly, men are equally indefensible if caution isn't exercised. Many men have been victims of scams and violence by unscrupulous women, so there is 'equal opporunity' scamming and violence of both genders.

In all western/developed countries, women are raped, killed, and beaten daily. So, your argument is flawed and unsubstantiated and it doesn't matter how many times you repeat it, it'll still be kooky.

You know that adage, 'A picture .... ', this guy was caught soliciting prostitutes while condemning every 'evil doer' to hell. This is how I perceive 'know it alls'.

Have a pleasant day Berzin.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
You kids take it easy there... You both had great points, is not that deep. She is a grown woman, she'll get over it.

Beads, great post!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Hey Shad,

I wonder if you would have been so supportive if the OP were your sister/daughter/niece or just somebody you really careed about and it were just the two of you discussing this in a room. What advice would you reallly give her?. I mean, we are all here to help each other out, right?

Just wondering, being that you mentioned hypocrysy.
The OP is an ADULT and she's VERY candid about what she wants (or hopes to get) - she wants advice on 'hooking up', nothing hidden there. So, I don't believe anything I say will deter her. I can only advice her to exercise caution and protect herself. In my experience, if someone wants to do something, not even GOD (or satan, FSM, FPE, FPU, et al) can stop him or her.

I have an 18 yo daughter and I came to that conclusion in dealing with her. I desist the lectures and sermons since she's an adult now. I can only advice her and hope she listens.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I have an 18 yo daughter and I came to that conclusion in dealing with her. I desist the lectures and sermons since she's an adult now. I can only advice her and hope she listens.[/QUOTE]

I see. You advise your daughter and hopes she listens, Yet I tell it like I've seen it and all of a sudden I need statistics to prove my point.

You really think women who've been abused by their third world novios go on chatlines to discuss how they've been treated? No, they suffer in silence because of the shame and embarrassment.

And what proof do I need? What I have seen. And why are you throwing my past into this? What are you, the DR1 morality police?

It sounds like you just want to attack me just for the sake of attacking me. My points had NOTHING to do with morality, but of safety. But of course you read into it and twist it around because you just want to be an A-hole. Well, congrats on that one. Mission accomplished.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Interesting how the posts on here seem to point to the same thing - sankies are hustlers, so this is how you play them without getting hurt.

In other words, sage advice on how to be the exploiter, rather than the exploitee.

The truth is, many men and women have come to this island looking to get their groove on, largely because they 1) have gotten to the age/condition where it's become difficult to attract young attractive people 18-25 to sleep with them or 2) don't want to do their "business" in their own backyards.

Those who don't like to think of themselves as fitting into the above categories simply say they are looking for "adventure." In other words, for the vacation equivalent of a one night stand. Their preferred targets are people who will do what they want, when they want, and are courteous enough to stay on the island when playtime is over and it's time to return to our "real" lives.

What happens is some of the adventurers buy into the fantasy, and really think their pale, overweight, 50-year-old-plus self is somehow irresistible to a 21 year old who looks like Jessica Alba or Tiger Woods. That's when the hunter becomes the hunted, and those are the folks who load down the Sankie 101 thread with missives of "Enrique is so different than the others."

Sankies and Sankiettes may or may not be well educated, but they're smart enough to know when and how they're being used.

All I'm saying is if you want to play the game, you have to realize that while you may win a lot, eventually you'll come across someone who's a better player than you are.

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
All I'm saying is if you want to play the game, you have to realize that while you may win a lot, eventually you'll come across someone who's a better player than you are.

DROB, i liked your post altough this last part seems like poker advice ! hehehe

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
...I see. You advise your daughter and hopes she listens, Yet I tell it like I've seen it and all of a sudden I need statistics to prove my point.
Yes, to prove your point that women 'looking for action' in the DR are more vulnerable than men. I contend both genders are equally vulnerable to scammers and scoundrels, and perhaps, one may argue more men, taking into consideration that there're more women 'street walkers and hustlers'.

...You really think women who've been abused by their third world novios go on chatlines to discuss how they've been treated? No, they suffer in silence because of the shame and embarrassment. And what proof do I need? What I have seen.
I've seen many on DR1, do a search if you don't believe me. Need credible evidence to substantiate this assertion. What you've seen may be an aberration.
... And why are you throwing my past into this? What are you, the DR1 morality police?
No, I didn't. I simply stated what you posted previously, i.e. you've had your share of casual sexual encounters. If the OP was inclined to experience that, she's free to 'do it' ad infinitum. There was no allusion to immorality, however, if you think it's immoral, I can't argue.
... It sounds like you just want to attack me just for the sake of attacking me. My points had NOTHING to do with morality, but of safety.
No again. I didn't attack you nor do I claim monopoly on morality. I simply provided a depiction of Swaggart, who undoubtedly has no authority to judge anyone.
... But of course you read into it and twist it around because you just want to be an A-hole. Well, congrats on that one. Mission accomplished.
No again. I was stating my opinion and if you think I'm an A-hole, that's your opinion. You should be aware that I've been called that a few times in the past, but it was complimentary and preceded with "Sir".

Adults are free to do as they wish and we're NOT responsible for anyone's actions and behaviour.

Have a pleasant day.

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
Lmao

Did you mean "poke 'er" .... i.e. advice on 'poking her'? :)

Of course not .... read what DROB said and you'll know its about the Game of Poker ...

About the current issue, i'd say let her have her own experience ...

IMO as a native dominican i think the sankies are of no difference than regular street whores .... they just dont accept cash up front LOL ..

pengkris

Sep 3, 2007
Wow!!!!!!!!!

So is this what my question about "hooking up" led to??? I'm impressed, some very intelligent debate going on. Some rash opinions as well but hey, who am I to judge!!!!!!!!;)

Pengkris

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Coherency ...

Linguistics. the property of unity in a written text or a segment of spoken discourse that stems from the links among its underlying ideas and from the logical organization and development of its thematic content.

.... I sense illiteracy. Why do I have to state the same thing fifty damn times in fifty different ways for some people to understand the point?

...I WILL REPEAT FOR THOSE...
WHO DON'T,
CAN'T,
OR REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING FOR THE SAKE OF HAVING AN EXCUSE TO GET DEFENSIVE.

Hmmmmm ..... Perhaps expressing your ideas coherently may be the issue. I'm just sayin'. :glasses:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... Some rash opinions as well but hey, who am I to judge!!!!!!!!;) ...
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:1-2

Other Biblical references to judging.

Disclaimer: I'm not a 'preacher man' nor am I a son of a preacher man, but I do like Dusty Springfield's 'Son of a Preacher Man'. :)

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Way to much time on your hands.

Wow you guys sure have alot of time on your hands. I have read some of these sankie posts and the same two or 3 guys jump all over it. It is kinda like reading the rag mags!

Just have a good time!! For warned is for armed! Just make it all about yourself and what you want to do. Rest Relax and enjoy your trip.

MissDecember

Sep 12, 2007
Im confused about the no email phone number thing? Are you saying if you give your number or email its not a one nighht stand?

honeybunch

Aug 1, 2007
did you book your trip already?? if not,and if you dont feel comfortable being completly alone,, i will be in puerto plata in November. PM me, at least you know that if something is uncomfortable for you, you wont be alone! Lots of friends to meet too, im sure we could hook you up!! and yes,,,,,,,,if your looking to just hook up, you wont have a problem, many of the guys will try to hit on you thats guranteed. alot of them hit on my girlfriends the last time we were there!!

papinice88

Jul 20, 2007
Pengkins i am going next month to Dr if you look good i can be your sankie i will not even charge you