Social Conditioning of Dominicans through History?? What Do You Think??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There is a quick test all of you can take to know if you're racist or not, or if you have a preference towards a certain color or not.

Click here and click on the race test to see how racist you may be and/or the color test regarding colorism. As you will see, there are many other tests (age, sex, etc).

All made by Harvard University.

It turns out I'm totally neutral with no preference for one color over another. I didn't need the test to know that. My first girlfriend was native Indian, my father is part native Indian, and my friends growing up were not black, as there were no black people in my community but there were a multitude of other ethnicities, language, cultures...etc. Mt parents always took people as they were, not based on anything but their character.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It is true we all share the same blood but I consider my true brothers those who have similar values as I and as such am sure they come from all corners of the world.

caribNY

Jun 20, 2010
There is a quick test all of you can take to know if you're racist or not, or if you have a preference towards a certain color or not.

Click here and click on the race test to see how racist you may be and/or the color test regarding colorism. As you will see, there are many other tests (age, sex, etc).

Test has flaws. Did it twice. Got different result. First time was my reaction to why the negative were being linked to blacks, not knowing that later on the negatives woudl be switched. It seemed at first as if it was a test that "encouraged" one to view blacks negatively but then expressed shock at the result. I later realized that it was to test any built bias to being more dexterous with the left or right hands. To wipe out a right hander as an exzmple finding it easier to use the I instead of the E.

The second time I knew how the test worked and that there was a switch of negative and positive attributes to both groups. Got a neutral result.

I am not sure that this test measures anything.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Test has flaws. Did it twice. Got different result. First time was my reaction to why the negative were being linked to blacks, not knowing that later on the negatives woudl be switched. It seemed at first as if it was a test that "encouraged" one to view blacks negatively but then expressed shock at the result. I later realized that it was to test any built bias to being more dexterous with the left or right hands. To wipe out a right hander as an exzmple finding it easier to use the I instead of the E.

The second time I knew how the test worked and that there was a switch of negative and positive attributes to both groups. Got a neutral result.

See it did work, it showed that you automatically thought they has set up the test to link negatives to blacks. That should tell you something about your though processes.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
That is the most wholesome crock of bullshard I could admit to reading. Unless you have a spare planet to turn to when this one isnt fit for life then everyman is your brother. If you had a majestic vision as I do then you would notice that and find no use in wars or the tragedies they bring about. As you would want nothing to happen to your nieces, nephews nor cousins, distant or close, in the idea that everyman is your brother means you dont want to export the same malevolence and strife toward another man in another land. Especially to steal what isnt yours.

That is your JC lesson if anyone cared to pay attention. I think some of us paid too much attention to the cool leather bound sandals and wild water to wine? parties.
Obviously opinions vary. I'm kinda unreligious but understand JC's philosophy.

Feel free to take on the entire population of the planet as your "brothers." That is a fine goal, indeed. You must have a LOT of spare time and have yourself in order to be so benevolent. Kudos.

I will choose to take care of myself and my family first and foremost, living a peaceful life without intentionally inflicting my life on anyone elses life, person or property. And once I accomplish that modest feat, I will voluntarily associate with others of my choosing, in mutual harmony where each of us do not harm to the other.

If everybody did those simple acts, there wouldn't be real problems. But no doubt organizing the entire world's population would make the task easier.

But I'm just a simpleton. I don't have the complexity-much less the time-to deal with all the worlds higher issues. I have a hard enough time just taking care of myself and my family. I'm glad you have that covered.

Some people preach environmentalism to others. I just pick up my own trash and a few extra pieces others left behind. We all affect the world in different ways.

CB's Law of Rhetorical Economics said:
The reason "talk is cheap" is because the supply exceeds the demand.

Last edited:
Reactions: pedrochemical

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
It is true we all share the same blood but I consider my true brothers those who have similar values as I and as such am sure they come from all corners of the world.

i was under the impression that the teachings of christ were
EVERY man is my brother?

when one says TRUE BROTHER...isn't one creating a seperate category?
once the separation of categories is allowed, then comes the extended
he is my white brother
he is my black brother
he is my brown brother
he is my buddhist brother
he is my muslim brother
he is my alien brother ;) (trying to be PC.... )

and lo and hehold we have veered off towards racism again
its natural for humans to choose
and when one chooses something different from another, it leads to difference of opinions which leads to fighting ...then insults... then factions... then racism...aren't we a gloriously inteligent people :)

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009

it helped me...i now know where the E and I are on my keyboard
gone from 1 finger to two :)
almost makes me abidextrous :)

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com

it helped me...i now know where the E and I are on my keyboard
gone from 1 finger to two :)
almost makes me abidextrous :)

Oh thanks for taking the trouble to do it for me, I can already play the piano so no need for me to take the test then :bunny:

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006

Sorry seemed like a bunch of bull**** to me.

not my stars

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Obviously opinions vary. I'm kinda unreligious but understand JC's philosophy.

Feel free to take on the entire population of the planet as your "brothers." That is a fine goal, indeed. You must have a LOT of spare time and have yourself in order to be so benevolent. Kudos.

I will choose to take care of myself and my family first and foremost, living a peaceful life without intentionally inflicting my life on anyone elses life, person or property. And once I accomplish that modest feat, I will voluntarily associate with others of my choosing, in mutual harmony where each of us do not harm to the other.

If everybody did those simple acts, there wouldn't be real problems. But no doubt organizing the entire world's population would make the task easier.

But I'm just a simpleton. I don't have the complexity-much less the time-to deal with all the worlds higher issues. I have a hard enough time just taking care of myself and my family. I'm glad you have that covered.

Some people preach environmentalism to others. I just pick up my own trash and a few extra pieces others left behind. We all affect the world in different ways.

Spoken like a world class imperialist exploiter who couldnt fathom economic parity and believes "they hate us for our freedoms".

Reactions: belgiank

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Spoken like a world class imperialist exploiter who couldnt fathom economic parity and believes "they hate us for our freedoms".

I'm sure how you came up with that synopsis based on CB statement. Care to expand on the logic of your statement.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I'm sure how you came up with that synopsis based on CB statement. Care to expand on the logic of your statement.

But I'm just a simpleton. I don't have the complexity-much less the time-to deal with all the worlds higher issues

Translation:

"Ess no my pro-leng!"

Deeper translation:

"I don't mind prospering from anyone else's pain but daam if I'm going to take responsibility."

A 6 year old could see what you fail to. On the other hand the massacre at Tienamen Square was my problem and my responsibility and that was clearly someone else's family feud. I once pummeled a Man who struck his Wife in front of me. During the melee I had to cast her off. She was trying to defend him.

People are just wired differently and see what they want to see I guess.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Translation:

"Ess no my pro-leng!"

Deeper translation:

"I don't mind prospering from anyone else's pain but daam if I'm going to take responsibility."

A 6 year old could see what you fail to. On the other hand the massacre at Tienamen Square was my problem and my responsibility and that was clearly someone else's family feud. I once pummeled a Man who struck his Wife in front of me. During the melee I had to cast her off. She was trying to defend him.

People are just wired differently and see what they want to see I guess.

Now what you've just said, at least in your first two statements is a reasonable comeback on CBs statement. Of course I've met CB, so my take on his words is different than your would be. However I still don't get Racer-X statement. You however, are doing a good job of proven Chip's word as being a condescending know-it-all.

Reactions: Tamborista

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Now what you've just said, at least in your first two statements is a reasonable comeback on CBs statement. Of course I've met CB, so my take on his words is different than your would be. However I still don't get Racer-X statement. You however, are doing a good job of proven Chip's word as being a condescending know-it-all.

Sorry to disappoint you. I can hardly claim to "know it all". I just know what I know. But then I am a work in progress.

I have learned to curb my enthusiasm over the years, There will always be people who have their opinions which might differ from mine. I'm sure that they have their reasons.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Wow, Bob calls it as he sees it!

One for the gipper.

t't'

Status
Not open for further replies.