SOMEWHAT in relation to "Dog poisoner caight red-handed in Costambar"

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can you get people jailed when they let there animals run around without control and allowing them to bother you and penetrate your property?

I don't know about jail, but we've had an ongoing problem with a guy whose property butts up against us way at the back. We have barbed wire fencing back there that he keeps cutting to let his cows on to our land to graze. The problem is they grazed on the new avocado, mango and platano trees we had recently planted up at the front of the property. My husband went to the police and they brought the guy to our property to get his cows and he was made responsible to pay for the damaged/killed trees.
If it's not the cows, it's pigs that look more like hogs. We have chickens all over the place [not ours] and let's not even talk about the dogs. When I win the lottery we'll put up a cinderblock wall around the property, but it's just too darned big and expensive to do now.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Well, it's at least good to hear that you can make animal owners responsible for the damage caused by their animals. Thanks for your input.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Justice Not Blind

Things move slowly in these cases_

Well, in the chicken case action was quick and the guy was jailed.
It seems that in cases with gringo(s) involved justice takes more time.
Could it be that it first has to be determined who has more money... :cheeky:

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
poisoner is back

Today at about 5pm at the end of Calle Cadiz yet another dog was poisoned and died, this happened near the house opposite El Carey, also a black kitten has gone missing from the same area. Without mentioning names, it seems to be the same person who murdered our dog back in May and also 4 other dogs the same night. A week later another 5 dogs got poisoned, HOW DO WE STOP THIS MURDERER?

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Today at about 5pm at the end of Calle Cadiz yet another dog was poisoned and died, this happened near the house opposite El Carey, also a black kitten has gone missing from the same area. Without mentioning names, it seems to be the same person who murdered our dog back in May and also 4 other dogs the same night. A week later another 5 dogs got poisoned, HOW DO WE STOP THIS MURDERER?

Get rid of the idiot dog owners for a start. You need your ass kicked for being a moron. Good luck.

Reactions: bob saunders

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
A while back your husband posted

Is this case still pending?

My take. Are you kidding? A fiscal somewhere is falling on his ass laughing whilst lawyers line up to figure who's going to get what cause some fkn dumbass gringo got his damn dog killed.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
No I wasn't kidding, it was a straight question. I remembered them posting about intending to take legal action, following another poster who had done so previously. I was simply asking what had happened to the legal action. Thank you for your response but I'll wait for either buttons66 or ffritz to respond, since they would be able to answer the question.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
No I wasn't kidding, it was a straight question. I remembered them posting about intending to take legal action, following another poster who had done so previously. I was simply asking what had happened to the legal action. Thank you for your response but I'll wait for either buttons66 or ffritz to respond, since they would be able to answer the question.

Ya....good luck. If you want the skinny PM me..............later

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Thanks for your question Lambada. Experience with the legal system in this country has led us to drop the case - after all the police managed to take away & lose the poisoned meat, & even if we were to get a conviction, money talks & the b*tch would be out of gaol within 24 hours.

bryan1258 - you've reminded me why I'm glad the human race is doomed

Reactions: Celt202

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
OK ffritz, if there's no legal action pending and if this is a problem which affects several families in the Costambar community and if you know you have fingered the right person, then all I can suggest is using the community via either the APC or junta de vecinos meetings to get some group action going.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Lambada,
Unfortunately in this country, if you're a gringo the only people who win in the fight for justice are the lawyers. The dog murderer has been in Costambar for many years & is seemingly quite wealthy. You & I know that money talks & she'll walk.

Plenty of "group action" has been suggested, but we have tried to distance ourselves from that for obvious reasons ... APC are about as much use as a chocolate teapot left in the sun on Calle Central.

The latest victims' owner is Italian, as is the murderer, & he will be letting her know how unwelcome she is in Costambar.

Personally I've come to terms with the fact Deefer's dead. I believe in karma. What goes around comes around & the b*tch will one day end up with a taste of her own medicine. If the paranoia of knowing that everyone knows she did it & what scum she is doesn't drive her mad first ....

cassieann

May 9, 2009
bryan animals feel pain too, guess you have never never had a loyal friend well i have and it was a dog after he went from old age i got a cat that i still have, you need to think before you post and upset people

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Dog owners of Costambar!!!! YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT......don't let your pets loose to roam the neighborhood to crap and bite and run in packs, cause there's some really ****ed off locals.

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
Bryan its you that is "not getting it " none of the dogs were running loose biting people etc , seems you are devoid of facts

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Much as I hate to say it, I agree with what bryan is saying. NOT the way he says it though.

Stray dogs used to drive me to distraction when I was walking Deefer. Street & beach dogs were generally as good as gold, it was the "owned" dogs that had attitude problems.

There are no bad dogs, just bad owners.

I'm still glad humankind has engineered its' own extinction tho ;)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Much as I hate to say it, I agree with what bryan is saying. NOT the way he says it though.

Stray dogs used to drive me to distraction when I was walking Deefer. Street & beach dogs were generally as good as gold, it was the "owned" dogs that had attitude problems.

There are no bad dogs, just bad owners.

I'm still glad humankind has engineered its' own extinction tho ;)

When I walk my dogs I carry a sawed off metal mop handle, rocks, pepper spray and a knife. Street dogs are not a problem. They are tough but humble.

I agree with you. Pets let loose to do their stuff by their owners have attitude problems. There are three or four in my neighborhood like that who have tried to attack my dogs and I've trained them to fear me with rocks to their rumps and two beatings.

All I have to do now is yell at them and they run at the sound of my voice.

I haven't had to kill any dogs to protect my dogs.

My dogs are never off their leashes. If they try to provoke other dogs I correct them and they stop.

There must be creative ways to cause problems for the Italian woman who is killing dogs without breaking any laws.

Example: leave dead flowers in front of her door.

No law broken, nobody goes to jail but you are messing with her mind.