Sosúa Beach Renovations

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Let's see if things are going to be different next time, I want to stay a least two months over there.

JJ

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The Beach Renovation, Vendors getting Evicted , whatever happened with that ?
it Petered out, Died on the VINE ?
the Guy , he moved or something ?

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Watched later updates from Wiki and Rum YouTube video today, some vendors protesting and some of them voluntarily moving away.

JJ

Reactions: cavok

DannyMalibu

Jun 13, 2022
Sosua
I’ve been trying to keep everyone up to date via my weekly news update on YouTube- whiskey&rum. It’s extremely difficult as there is zero official information flowing. The beach association feels that the government has lied to them and broken whatever agreement they thought they had. It appears that there will now only be only one public plaza - located on the Charamicos end of the beach. As bar owner, I have about as much official communication as you guys. Other than that it is business as usual so come down and enjoy the beach while you still can.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I’ve been trying to keep everyone up to date via my weekly news update on YouTube- whiskey&rum. It’s extremely difficult as there is zero official information flowing. The beach association feels that the government has lied to them and broken whatever agreement they thought they had. It appears that there will now only be only one public plaza - located on the Charamicos end of the beach. As bar owner, I have about as much official communication as you guys. Other than that it is business as usual so come down and enjoy the beach while you still can.
Only one plaza at the Charamicos end. That's ridiculous. It is as good as privatising the beach as it will be way too far from the more popular El Batey end.

I do continue to go to the beach about once a week before it's too late.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Only one plaza at the Charamicos end. That's ridiculous. It is as good as privatising the beach as it will be way too far from the more popular El Batey end.

They are trying to make El Barry area less attractive for people looking for parties and more exclusive for the people who love the sun, the sand and the crystal warm water of Sosua beach.

JJ

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
They are trying to make El Barry area less attractive for people looking for parties and more exclusive for the people who love the sun, the sand and the crystal warm water of Sosua beach.

JJ
Who exactly is that Demographic, and are they going to be Rolling COOLERS with Food and drink onto the Sand ? or Walk half a Mile + just to get some Water to drink... 2 Plazas was ALMOST conceivable , One Plaza ???? they lied lied lied ..
who the F actually knows what they are up to at this point ? ... ( not directed at you or anyone here , just saying)

Reactions: Auryn and drstock

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I never believed that they were going to put in that 3rd plaza in the middle of the beach, but just one plaza at the Charamicos end(?). There's no way they'll be able to relocate more than maybe 1/3 of all the bar and restaurant owners to just one plaza. They really need that second plaza at the El Batey end.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've no doubt the owners who are well established had to know any promises made by the local government were bs.
I know a few business owners along the beach up there and all of them basically said the same thing. When Luis showed up in person to accept those land deeds... the clock started ticking.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Fogive me for asking but what did you think they were going to do with a such a pristine piece of beach front property this close to an international airport?

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
Who exactly is that Demographic, and are they going to be Rolling COOLERS with Food and drink onto the Sand ? or Walk half a Mile + just to get some Water to drink... 2 Plazas was ALMOST conceivable , One Plaza ???? they lied lied lied ..
who the F actually knows what they are up to at this point ? ... ( not directed at you or anyone here , just saying)
a nice little cement track, delivery via golf carts and uniformed servers. Presto a 5 star beach for the luxury crowd!

Reactions: jd426

Big

Apr 24, 2019
what do the "chicas" have to say about this complex business and real estate decision. Should they not have a voice, after all they have deeply invested in the local Spandex industry.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
what do the "chicas" have to say about this complex business and real estate decision. Should they not have a voice, after all they have deeply invested in the local Spandex industry.
I'd be happy if they'd just make them rotate days. One for them and the flies they attract, then one for the folks who enjoy a good breakfast without having to listen to a bunch of muppets at the next table talking about lastnight's conquest. I think it would be a fantastic solution.