Sosa HOF?

meanmike

Feb 24, 2008
I understand your point, but understand mine. Look at Bernie Williams' postseason stats. They'll shock you. He has 4 WS rings, made numerous All-Star appearances, won 4 Gold gloves, played CF for the Yankees, etc...and HE probably won't get in.

While Big Papi was/is a big part of the success of the Red Sox, playing DH alone certainly won't help his HOF cause. He would have to string together 10+ seasons of 35-40, 110-120 RBIs and avg. .300 to make that case overwhelming.

Walk-off hits are spectacular, but don't lend any additional weight. Check Joe Carter, Kirk Gibson, etc.

no, i know. i do understand you. he has a long way to go. but his clutch performances definitely help. especially when he gets the fifth ring!:cheeky:

meanmike

Feb 24, 2008
Stop bothering me with this, I'm trying to watch the Sox get their World Championship rings. Again.

amen to that. great win by the champions today. and bill buckner with the first pitch. huge ovation for him. beautiful day at fenway park.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
good surprise

amen to that. great win by the champions today. and bill buckner with the first pitch. huge ovation for him. beautiful day at fenway park.
Hopefully Bill - and the rest of us - can now live in peace. Nice touch by the World Champions, very nice.

The 'W' was certainly good too.

Detroit looks dead, hopefully it stays that way for a few more days. Killer lineup though. They will make this losing streak a footnote to a great season I'm sure.