Sosua - Welcome to the Red Zone - Sosua

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The walled in "OK Coral" across from Cestur is not a viable business at the moment. No point in opening if they have to close at 9pm for curfew. Clearly doesn't qualify for a permit or exemption from the regs to be open when everything else has to close. Ahnvee with their resort designation, permits and political acquiescence seems to be the only place that can possibly cater to the meet & greet crowd for the time being out of sight, off the street and behind semi-closed doors.

Since my neighbors have left I don't know anyone who goes to Ahnvee so I have no recent accounts of what happens there after the sun goes down or how many end up there before and after 9:00 at night. I would suspect little has changed in their operations and clientele lately.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Yes, dead Tuesday afternoon. No spandex queens to be seen.
The spandex queens of Sosua has become quite disgusting later years, but that is not allowed to say. The beauty should come from within, we are all etc.

Only white*monger is politically correct to say 😁

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
good point! I think when this whole thing blows over (no pun attended) they will be ecstatic to get all the gentleman with cash back in town, all over town.

Anythings possible, but I doubt it. Why would the pandemic change the desire to move the p4p trade out of downtown? It won't. The gov't/townspeople will still want the same plan. And now that Sosua is a ghost town, it's like a "cleansing". When the p4p finally starts to filter back in, they'll tell them to move along down the street to the big new sex plaza that we created just for you. The fact that they'll be dealing with small returning numbers actually makes it easier to now make the change.

Reactions: cavok

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Anythings possible, but I doubt it. Why would the pandemic change the desire to move the p4p trade out of downtown? It won't. The gov't/townspeople will still want the same plan. And now that Sosua is a ghost town, it's like a "cleansing". When the p4p finally starts to filter back in, they'll tell them to move along down the street to the big new sex plaza that we created just for you. The fact that they'll be dealing with small returning numbers actually makes it easier to now make the change.
sure thing! big change is coming for Sosua. Families and beach balls

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You're already seeing a lot of families coming to Sosua - Dominican families from Puerto Plata and Santiago. They only go to the beach right now, but with any luck, they could help turn Sosua around. Completion of the Ruta Touristica will bring a lot more families from Santiago here.

Forget about about gringo families. Bring in more Dominican families. PC is not going back to what it was.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You're already seeing a lot of families coming to Sosua - Dominican families from Puerto Plata and Santiago. They only go to the beach right now, but with any luck, they could help turn Sosua around. Completion of the Ruta Touristica will bring a lot more families from Santiago here.

Forget about about gringo families. Bring in more Dominican families. PC is not going back to what it was.
Point and Click may be gone forever..
but the game is still the game ..
If anything , once this Idiotic Covid Curfew is lifted , Sosua will come back stronger than ever .and it wont be Families
not in our lifetimes . maybe in 20 + years ..30 probably.
If the Powers that me really were Walking the Walk, and were GOING STRONG IN THAT Direction.. would this not be the PERFECT DOWN TIME TO DO SOME MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION. ??
with Family type Spots in mind... Mini Golf ? Places for Kids ,.
Reality is that the only NEW construction is the New Place mentioned above which is going to cater to Single Men ..Period
IRONY ...

Reactions: CDNBear and Big

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

As long as I lived in PP the beach at Sosua was always a family spot on weekends. Semana Santa always a mob scene of families. Buses loaded with people.

Yes, they only go to the beach, But that was/is because the beach is free and they are poor and it's BYOB and food. I don't see that changing.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If anything , once this Idiotic Covid Curfew is lifted , Sosua will come back stronger than ever .and it wont be Families
If the Powers that me really were Walking the Walk, and were GOING STRONG IN THAT Direction.. would this not be the PERFECT DOWN TIME TO DO SOME MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION. ??
Reality is that the only NEW construction is the New Place mentioned above which is going to cater to Single Men ..Period
IRONY ...
I don't see the ""powers that be" building anything under any circumstance(?). Investors might, but I'm not sure what that would even be. Big money has already come in built the Marriot. We'll see what follows.

The construction of the new building at the other end of PC was started before anyone ever heard of Covid and they built it at the other end because they don't see the west end of PC going back to what it was either.

The old administration cleaned up PC and Abinader is going to be even tougher. It's not going to go back to what it was. At best, the action will all be down at the other end as planned.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don't see the ""powers that be" building anything under any circumstance(?). Investors might, but I'm not sure what that would even be. Big money has already come in built the Marriot. We'll see what follows.

The construction of the new building at the other end of PC was started before anyone ever heard of Covid and they built it at the other end because they don't see the west end of PC going back to what it was either.

The old administration cleaned up PC and Abinader is going to be even tougher. It's not going to go back to what it was. At best, the action will all be down at the other end as planned.
I see that demographic starting to change, especially in Cabarete, and I see it changing more in Sosua with the completion of the Ruta Touristica. On weekends, Cabarete is full of upper middle class Dominicans from Santiago. I can pick out Santiagueros just by the way they dress.

They come rolling in here in their expensive SUV's - not busses. Last Sunday, the tables at the restaurants on the beach in Cabarete were mostly all Dominicans. Very few local gringos or tourists,. It's been that way all summer.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I see that demographic starting to change, especially in Cabarete, and I see it changing more in Sosua with the completion of the Ruta Touristica. On weekends, Cabarete is full of upper middle class Dominicans from Santiago. I can pick out Santiagueros just by the way they dress.

They come rolling in here in their expensive SUV's - not busses. Last Sunday, the tables at the restaurants on the beach in Cabarete were mostly all Dominicans. Very few local gringos or tourists,. It's been that way all summer.
In Las Terrenas something similar. Thats great. Dominicans discovering and enjoying their own country. Maybe they travel much less internationally compared to before.

Reactions: cavok and Africaida

Big

Apr 24, 2019
IRONY ...
exactly !!

Reactions: jd426

Big

Apr 24, 2019

the "action" is on the beach, all day every day in Sosua

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
the "action" is on the beach, all day every day in Sosua
I went from Cabarete Beach to Encuentro Beach walking (alone) I only got one offer and she was ‘nt even pretty.

If you call that «action» I beg to differ.

P.S do not tell my better half about this, I will get spanked

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
The only action was getting past the security on calle vijeo. Illegally closed and now guarded

The food and location has improved a lot though, lets hope they newver closes that security door for the public...

Sorry for the OT posts, but everybody else does them, just tries to be up to date and trendy. Wait for the movie, ehh. youtube channel

Please subscribe, I really need that tiny but important money to buy more beer