spanish to english translation

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you know, anyone could google translate the text themselves. it ain't hard. if you bothered enough to post the translation here at least go through it and fix it a bit.

Last edited:

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
On the other hand, Bigbird, from my pov, please feel free to continue. I am too lazy to go to the articles, copy, then paste into a translator. If someone like you is nice enough to do the job for me, I am not going to complain about it.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
He can continue all he wants as I do the same thing as Bigbird.:) Just to proofread.

I am quite sure that Bigbird is not offended.;)

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I get irritated when someone doesn't translate (good or bad) the articles that they post. I can do the correction editing in my head quicker than going to a translation site and then correcting it.
Thanks Bigbird.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i get irritated when i see posters who don't speak enough spanish to understand the articles link or are too lazy to copy and paste to the google translate. but alas, we digress. back to brent.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
On the other hand, Bigbird, from my pov, please feel free to continue. I am too lazy to go to the articles, copy, then paste into a translator. If someone like you is nice enough to do the job for me, I am not going to complain about it.

Thank you very much for your kind words westcan..................

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yeah, this is why i have to roll my eyes on folks who just throw text in google translate and mindlessly paste it here without checking. at least use a better page like this one: Free Translation and Professional Translation Services from SDL

see the difference (translation is also unedited): The attorney general of the Republic Francisco Dominguez Brito, informed, through your Twitter account that members of the Interpol apprehended Ambiorix Nepomuceno Rodr?guez, who was wanted by the death of lawyer Paola Languasco of Puerto Plata.
He said that the arrest took place in Spain, and that the authorities will proceed immediately to carry out the formalities of place to extradite Nepomuceno toward the Dominican Republic to be tried.
The attorney wrote the following twit, which released the information, "was arrested in Spain Ambriorix Nepomuceno, accused of the murder of Paola Languasco. We are grateful for the collaboration of the Embassy of Spain and the authorities of the system of persecution in that country".

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
We are not all language experts like you dv8! I wish I was!!! I'm as dumb and a post with most things but especially Spanish!!.................

@DV8, some of us have other things we do in life instead of complaining about .............. oh, never mind

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Dont feel bad bigbird... I translated something from German just a short while back.. and it took me like half hour, cuz my german is rusty, but i thought i nailed it perfectly.. and i needed the practice..
didnt get a single thank you for it...
but I make a stupid comment in the clown section.. and i can get 5 thank yous..
what ya gonna do...it is what it is..

SkyBlues

Apr 8, 2011
yeah, this is why i have to roll my eyes on folks who just throw text in google translate and mindlessly paste it here without checking.[/I]

When you post local news in Spanish can you also translate it too? Just to help the learners

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
yeah, this is why i have to roll my eyes on folks who just throw text in google translate and mindlessly paste it here without checking. at least use a better page like this one: Free Translation and Professional Translation Services from SDL

see the difference (translation is also unedited): The attorney general of the Republic Francisco Dominguez Brito, informed, through your Twitter account that members of the Interpol apprehended Ambiorix Nepomuceno Rodr?guez, who was wanted by the death of lawyer Paola Languasco of Puerto Plata.
He said that the arrest took place in Spain, and that the authorities will proceed immediately to carry out the formalities of place to extradite Nepomuceno toward the Dominican Republic to be tried.
The attorney wrote the following twit, which released the information, "was arrested in Spain Ambriorix Nepomuceno, accused of the murder of Paola Languasco. We are grateful for the collaboration of the Embassy of Spain and the authorities of the system of persecution in that country".
Thanks for the link for the translation site. If you knew about this why haven't you used it here when you post news stories or at least shared it with us?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Thanks for the link for the translation site. If you knew about this why haven't you used it here when you post news stories or at least shared it with us?

you are welcome. i was directed to this site not too long ago. now you can do it yourself. yay!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
since this discussion has spread to few threads i shall remove the posts and merge them here. if i missed anything please let me know.

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It pleases me when people use online translators because they so vividly demonstrate the need for human translators :)

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Maybe it's the source? From El Caribe -

SDL:
The man was 47 years of age and had tried to kill herself in other occasions, according to his father

A man of American nationality was found dead in his home, after ingesting a substance for suicide.
John Paul Almodovar Avila, 47 years ago, resided in the street 6 urbanization the Doral, Puerto Plata.

The forensic physician Sergio Jhoel Santana i certify the man's death by poisoning from eating medication for suicide while he was in his room.

Paul Almodovar Rivera, 83 years old, and father of the deceased, he said that his son suffered from problems of depression and was in the hands of psychologists.

He said that on other occasions he had tried to kill herself.

Google:
The man was 47 years old and had attempted suicide in the past, according to his father

A US citizen man was found dead in his home after ingesting a substance to commit suicide.
Juan Pablo Almodovar Avila, 47, lived on the street 6 urbanization El Doral, Puerto Plata.

The medical examiner certified Sergio Santana Jhoel man's death by poisoning from ingesting medication to commit suicide while he was in his room.

Almod?var Pablo Rivera, 83, and father of the deceased, said his son suffered from problems of depression and was in the hands of psychologists.

He said that on other occasions he had tried to kill himself.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
you are welcome. i was directed to this site not too long ago. now you can do it yourself. yay!

I do translate when I have time. Sometimes I read them in Spanish and translate in my head. I do not speak or read Spanish perfectly so I miss some important details.
Also I do not always have time. I am not on DR1 as many hours as some people either.
I do appreciate the news being shared and will continue reading them as best as I can with my skills.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
It pleases me when people use online translators because they so vividly demonstrate the need for human translators :)

indeed. this kind of translation is only good if you read and understand original text. much easier to pass it through translator and then correct than to translate from scratch. of course it only works for stuff like short newspaper articles.