Spicy food thread.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You like hot hot........
Koreanos Kim Chi.............soooooo hot.....sooooo good......
When I cook a hot (Picante) meal.......habanero is my pepper of choice.........
Once considered the hottest pepper in the world..........

B in Santiago

regular habaneros are hot; Scotch Bonnet habaneros have that nutty flavor that makes them exceptional.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
You like hot hot........
Koreanos Kim Chi.............soooooo hot.....sooooo good......
When I cook a hot (Picante) meal.......habanero is my pepper of choice.........
Once considered the hottest pepper in the world..........

B in Santiago

Koreans have different likes of spicy food then many others. Koreans and some Asians like that slow start and finish hard kind of hot. So some of the Korean food starts wimpy hot or even sweet to start but as you go on the foods gets hotter with every bite, some gets so hot it becomes difficult to continue. It?s completely opposite from Western part of the world where it fires up at start and finish quickly. The last batch of kim chee was hot because like I said before, my wife accidently spilled red pepper powder in. Although we like spicy everything but normally Koreans don?t make their kim chee that hot. Also we can?t afford to use that much Korean red pepper powder I bring in from time to time so we usually don?t use that much. Anyways I am glad that you are liking the last batch.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Anyways I am glad that you are liking the last batch.

I'm not liking the last batch anymore.................
IT'S ALL GONE.................LOL
Thank you, I enjoyed immensely...........
And, I have to return your Tupperware...........

B in Santiago

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I underestimated the strength of the hot sauce at the falafel in the Zona Colonial, but I expect that is like eating a marshmallow for some of you.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xdo79znnHl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
when my buddy returns in July, i will have him bring you a bottle of Matouk's Scotch Bonnet; the best hot sauce on the planet.

If you know anyone coming back from St Maarten, they sell the Matouks in the large supermarket at the South end of the Pond in Phillipsburg. I got 2 yesterday. You can also get what I consider the daddy of them all, Daves Insanity original or even better Daves Ghost Pepper sauce. A small bottle will last you a year or more.

I have the chocolate habaneros ( I think this is the correct spelling although the only suggestion from Google was Head Bangers !) growing happily in the garden. Cook down with vinegar, onion powder, a tomato or two and a touch of mango or pineapple and you have a superb sauce to accompany the Saturday Night Pizza. :p

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I am presently embarking on making the hottest source and jelly in the world. I have planted four of the five hottest peppers in the world and will shortly start producing. I have some amazing Butch T Jelly. Keep posted