Statistic analysis of COVID-19 in the Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
Excellent reports, what a pity they dont do enough tests.

The most important part of you statistics because of the lack of testing is the tasa de positividad. Its going up. This is a bad sign. The number of undedected cases is growing. Add growing detected and clearly growing undetected cases and they should lock down more not open. And do daily 10000 tests. At least.
Hi, Austriaco, thanks.
You are right, they need to test more people to find and isolate immediately symptomatic and asymptomatic. The positiveness is a big problem right now. Is goind up and down and the circulation of the virus its not controlled by the authorities.

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
Most definitely...... and watch the death rate spike in a few weeks

Big mistake - biggest mistake was overestimating the obedience of the general public

there is no -...1-2-3-4 phase for them
Phase 1 is wide open by their thinking and actions
You are right, William. Dominican evaded the phase 1 and jump directly to the phase 4 in relation with the circulation on the streets and the stores. I think we will have more new cases in the next days.

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#74

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 74 updated on 6/13, to consult click here.

If you wish to receive this report periodically in your email, please fill out this form (click here) and I will add it to the mailing list.

I hope you all are doing well.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín
Quality Manager at Guzmán Ariza

Reactions: Caonabo

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
You are right, William. Dominican evaded the phase 1 and jump directly to the phase 4 in relation with the circulation on the streets and the stores. I think we will have more new cases in the next days.
Agree. New cases are going up. From 200-300 in April, through 400-500 in May to 500-600 today.
Is this much? Compare to 350 cases in Germany or in Italy on June 12, countries 8 times bigger in population.
There is a reason: for this government, like in Brasil, saving lives ist not a priority at all. The has never been a labor shortage, in their eyes there are too many redundant people. So everybody can try to save himself (like I do), by imposing own, private lockups and curfews. The ignorant rest can die.

Reactions: jsaladin

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
Hi, Austriaco, thanks.
You are right, they need to test more people to find and isolate immediately symptomatic and asymptomatic. The positiveness is a big problem right now. Is goind up and down and the circulation of the virus its not controlled by the authorities.

You will like that article, lot of interesting solid statistics and comparisons between countries. The titel of the article is a little bit missleading, its about how to control the virus. It even mentiona DR at one point.

As of DR it seems the problem was to let the border to USA open too long - at that time there were allready more cases in New York then in most parts of Europe to which the borders were closed. See the articles analysis on "one week to late" has a very bad effect.
The other point you can see is that a short conolete shutdown is much better then a part shutdown like the night toque de queda which goes on forever.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Agree. New cases are going up. From 200-300 in April, through 400-500 in May to 500-600 today.
Is this much? Compare to 350 cases in Germany or in Italy on June 12, countries 8 times bigger in population.
There is a reason: for this government, like in Brasil, saving lives ist not a priority at all. The has never been a labor shortage, in their eyes there are too many redundant people. The ignorant rest can die.

You have locked yourself up. The world is now safe. 👏

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#75

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 75 updated on 6/15, to consult click here.

If you wish to receive this report periodically in your email, please fill out this form (click here) and I will add it to the mailing list.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#76

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 76 updated on 6/16, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#77

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 77 updated on 6/17, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#78

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 78 updated on 6/18, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#79

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 79 updated on 6/19, to consult click here.

I also inform you that on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 I will be working on the new design of the report and adding new relevant indicators related to COVID-19. I will be resuming the publications on Monday, June 22.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

jsaladin

Apr 4, 2020
REPORT#80

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 80 updated on 6/22, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín

Reactions: Caonabo and danduva

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
REPORT#82

Hello, community, thank you very much for your comments. Here you will find the report # 82 updated on 6/24, to consult click here.

Best regards,

Juan Saladín
Hello Juan
do you have access to any COVID-19 data from the Ministry not included in the Bulletin?
I'd like to know the current basic reproduction ratio, denoted R0
Thanks

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Hello Juan
do you have access to any COVID-19 data from the Ministry not included in the Bulletin?
I'd like to know the current basic reproduction ratio, denoted R0
Thanks
I think the RO in Spanish is called Factor de Infeccio and Sr Saladin provides 3 different scenarios. This RO is dependent of how many people are testes and here very little about 2000-3000 people per day in global standards with around 10 million population would need a minimum of 15000 test per day to have a real assessment.

Please correct me Sr. Saladin if I am incorrect about Factor de Infeccio which I think is RO.

Again thank you Sr Saladin for your outstanding Analysis.

Xtraveller

Status
Not open for further replies.