Stormy Season 2012

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
's Up?
Long Range Weather Forecast?, such does not exist, you could also watch CNN Weather News then.

da Highway(Cape Verde - Antilles) started to get moistured, but til now absolutely Zero out there to watch out for.
right here over the DR Eastshores we are under what we name "Vaguada" Weather, after long weeks of extreme Heat such forms up often, for us here around the Mountains of Higuey, some lightning and thunder would not be rare on such occurances.
late afternoon/early evening we caught some shorter showers at the Cap Cana Marina, the Road up to Veron been dry but some splashes aside the road showed that at least a lil bit came down there, too, the way down to Cabeza de Toro been mostly dry but closer to town it started to be Wet, my parking place on da Beach been Muddy, so it rained down here before my arrival, too.
Air is nice fresh and promises again a good night's sleep as we had it last night, good so, as I have to leave at 4:30AM for St Domingo in the morning.

nothing bad to spot out there at the moment,
the Radar out of our East from San Juan/PR would be the only "long range" forecast to use, it shows 8-15hrs in advance what May come over here as for Rain and Winds, but nothing special/concerning anywhere to spot tonight.

we are 4 weeks prior to what would be a typical time to start some action out there,
and it looks like this season will keep our watches in case of numbers of activities anyways far below the usual average.

nothing to expect from now til the coming weekend

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
even now mentioned on the National Hurricane Center Site,
the Tropical Wave out on the East did not develop and will not do so in the Future neither.
it is walking on very fast 25mphr Westward, went over Puerto Rico, Mainportion now over the middle of the Mona Passage to walk over the DR Eastshores here during tonight.
it contains no dangerous winds, nothing over 25knots as a max in it for toppings, the average is much below that, nothing of concern other than for the Sportfishermen on the east who can face a bit above average tough Sea Level tomorrow with maybe 30% of chances to cancel da day and stay in port to kill some Greenies due too strong wave action, but I guess it will finally be a day as usual just with a bit more wave action, nothing over 6-7ft expected.
for tonight that means a 3rd night in a row with a fresh good nights sleep on the eastshors without the extreme humidity and heat of the prior weeks, very much appreciated. there will be isolated showers, but nothing special nor overly strong, the Radar shows that most of the Water walks by south of Punta Cana/Cap Cana, the southshores will get a bit more but most will stay out on Sea on the South.
I've been at the Caribbean Sea since 4AM this morning, it was extremely quiet, the calmness before the Storm, before I left the Caribbean Waters late afternoon it was felt that the Sea will pick Up during the next hours, it should be on the move by now and grow during tonight, for tomorrow it is highly recommended to Not Run Saona Island Excursions on da Boats as the chances are very high that the Caribbean Sea will swift quiet harsh during the later Day, independend of Touroperators wishes and recommendations.
the strongest portion of the Tropical Wave will most likely pass well south of Punta Cana/Cap Cana thru the Caribbean Sea along our Southshores, again, it is not any dangerous Force of Mother Nature, but it is highly recommended to leave small vessles on the south shores in port tomorrow.
due it's high speed movement of around 25 mphrs it will pas very quick, a fresh breeze after loooong weeks of extreme Heat over here. I guess by Friday it will be all forgotgen again.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
don't worry MA,
nothing to miss til now for this year.
we've been here on the Eastshores on a 5-6 weeks lasting Heat Wave, full Sunburns and High Humidity, it started very early this year and very strong, a couple days/nights with abfresh breeze is absolutely welcome here, even that it may mean we need to skip a working day on the water maybe.
the Highway is moisturous since a couple days and the conditions are there to produce movement, but conditions are NOT well for forming up anything significant out of such movement at the moment.

nothing bad to expect from the east for the remainder of the week and in general I would say we may have an other 5 weeks ahead of Us before it "maystart" to show something worth to write about.
by my own opinion it looks like a quiet summer ahead of us with a lot of sunburns on da beaches.

Mike

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
don't worry MA,
nothing to miss til now for this year.
we've been here on the Eastshores on a 5-6 weeks lasting Heat Wave, full Sunburns and High Humidity, it started very early this year and very strong, a couple days/nights with abfresh breeze is absolutely welcome here, even that it may mean we need to skip a working day on the water maybe.
the Highway is moisturous since a couple days and the conditions are there to produce movement, but conditions are NOT well for forming up anything significant out of such movement at the moment.

nothing bad to expect from the east for the remainder of the week and in general I would say we may have an other 5 weeks ahead of Us before it "maystart" to show something worth to write about.
by my own opinion it looks like a quiet summer ahead of us with a lot of sunburns on da beaches.

Mike

Hi Mike,

With this heat the fishing must be slow correct?

Just curious as will be down your way when fishing is best as I need to explore this Island more than I have !

Mike

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Rain has started here on the North Coast probably from the current tropical wve that is passing over the Island. Some Thunder but nothing major yet. Will probably have a day or two of this.
Last month was one of the driest we recorded on the North Coast between Cabarete and Sosua with only one inch of rain in the whole month. Still for the year to date we are still ahead of the 5 year average rainfall by about 24"

Olly

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Rain has started here on the North Coast probably from the current tropical wve that is passing over the Island. Some Thunder but nothing major yet. Will probably have a day or two of this.
Last month was one of the driest we recorded on the North Coast between Cabarete and Sosua with only one inch of rain in the whole month. Still for the year to date we are still ahead of the 5 year average rainfall by about 24"

Olly

yes Ollie,
and now we have the big Waterportion coming behind the Tropical Wave on the Radar, it will approach the East Coast from the SouthEast later today and during this evening/night.
while we started here breezy in the AM, it is now very calm now, the wind shifted already to the SE and should stay that way for most of tonight, we can expect a good share of Rain out of it for the eastshores here and also for most of the Rest of the Island.
nothing wild, just a bit of wet.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Hi Mike,

With this heat the fishing must be slow correct?

Just curious as will be down your way when fishing is best as I need to explore this Island more than I have !

Mike

the Opposite, Mike,
the Hot Surfaces provided large ammounts of baitfish in the 25fathoms shallows, been full of feeding White Marlin, Sailfish and the smaller Blues.
then we started under the same conditions to get the large Mahi schools in which are still present, their Bite as usual went down a bit around the full Moon, but been increasing again yesterday and Today runs on full swing. the Predator took 18 Mahis on the half day charter this morning, they did not target the bigger Blue Marlins over the Deep Waterbody today.
this sunday 8th we will be on the Predator back for the almost daily full day charters of 8hrs and 10hrs with the big Blue Marlins as the Maintarget further offshore on light Trolling Tackle 50lbs Testline on,
the same time in the closer to shore waters the Mahis will be hungry in numbers.

tight lines

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the Tropical Wave passed the Eastshores soft and smooth, nothing happened.

the Atlantic is fully quiet and none of the Compu Models calls for any activity for the next several days, so from the Highway nothing to await for Us til after the weekend at least.

have a great Beach Weekend eveyone

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
when? when will the storm come? here in POP it's 34 degrees day in day out. all the time. no rain. no clouds. scorching heat. i need rain!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i tell you it's getting boring: why do they start hurricane season in june when most of them storms happen october/november?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
i tell you it's getting boring: why do they start hurricane season in june when most of them storms happen october/november?
We had 4 tropical cyclones in the Atlantic already, 2 of them in May, 2 in June of which one was a hurricane...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

the Season for the Stormies is in general set to start June 1st because early June is the Time when the Conditions over the Atlantic, Caribeban Sea and Gulf of Mexico are favorable to allow a Weather Disturbance to start Movement and to form into a Storm. and the last many years it shows that the Conditions are favorable for such Formations every year Earlier and also last longer later into the Fall.
for the Dominican East Coast effects due Tropical Storm Formations usually do not start before the 2nd week of August, but the Western Caribbean Sea, Gulf of Mexico and the US Eastshores off the Carolinas are the Hotspots for the early Season Formations, as we have already seen this year with the first Storm up late May 2012.
but the Formations off the Carolinas have nothing to do with the Eastern Atlantic's Conditions (between Cape Verde Islands and the Antilles), the early Storms off the Carolinas are mostly break off pieces from cold Frontals near the Coast, when such break off occures over the waters of a hot Current the typical Tropical Movement starts and can build a Tropical Storm.

for the 2012 Season in general due the early 2012/Springtime conditions over the Pacific Ocean we can await to get a smooth/calm Season over here with fewer than average named Storms, as the Forecasts predict for the Hurricane Season Peak Time (mid August-mid October) the so named El Ni?o Effect to be in full swing, that means we get over most of the mid Atlantic High Wind Shears, those are conditions which hinder fast/strong intensifications of Storms. in addition to that the Saharan Dust(SAL) in the Atmosphere moving over the Highway towards the Caribbean Islands is available/present in higher than the usual/average Amount, and that Dry Saharn Dust injected into a forming Storm is hindering intensification of such Storm, too.
let's hope it will stay simply that:
Very Boring with Nothing to watch.

Mike

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yeah!!! Remember a few years ago when we were already up into the middle of the alphabet???? Christa, the forerunner of Mike Fisher, was our main forecaster and we were all watching the noaa site and the weatherchannel.com and weatherunderground etc....

Them was exciting times....

Exciting is good every once in a while....but we do need the rains, really really need them...

Not to worry DV8, you can be sure that you will get your "excitement" one of these days, and then you will wish for the "old days" when things were quiet!! HEHEHEHEHEHE

Cordially,

HB

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
15billion+disasters.jpg

and it looks like Today's the Hurricanes are by far not the biggest concern in case of Danger for Human Life threatened by Mom Nature.
even the deadroll of Desastrous Hurricane Katrina is very small compared to what the actual Drought Periods promise for 2012 and the years to come.
there's some quiet dangerous stuff out there/happening, even that we can not watch it's approach on a Satellite Image Loop approaching an Area.

as far as our Stormies goes,
we are quiet Breezy here on the East this evening, makes for choppy Sea Conditions which on the other side provide great Fishing Conditions,
but Nothing of a Storm Danger any near at this point,
and none awaited/forecasted by any of the Models for the reminder of the week so far.

Mike

~~anna~~

Oct 27, 2003
Getting some pretty heavy rainfall for about 3 hours here in Juan Dolio. It stops for a bit but then starts back up in a matter of minutes. Just heard thunder.....making for a very pleasant afternoon with a cup of coffee!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Getting some pretty heavy rainfall for about 3 hours here in Juan Dolio. It stops for a bit but then starts back up in a matter of minutes. Just heard thunder.....making for a very pleasant afternoon with a cup of coffee!

Same in NY. Thank God!!!!!

Finally, it will be in the 80's tomorrow. These 90's are killing me!!!!