Taxi Apolo Warning!!

Feb 7, 2007
How about carros publico in SD? (It is basically like sharing a Taxi with a few people..)

Are those common in SD and how reliable are they? Are they worth it for the lower cost??

They were pretty good in POP...but then again...so were motoconchos..and those are also unsafe in SD....

There are SOME routes I would use carros publicos in SD... for example, if I am staying in a Malecon hotel and I am not driving my car, and need to get to Conde for example, I flag down carro publico and pay 2 front seats or even 4 back seats to get to Conde... it's cheaper than a taxi. But those are some routes where I consider taxi to be expensive... e.g. getting down from 27th on Gomez or Lincoln or Churchil to Malecon - I better pay 20 or 30 pesos for something that a taxi would charge 120 pesos.

But recently I was getting lazy so I got used to coming down to capital in a car...

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I'm not really a tourist per say...

I will be living in SD...and I have lived in the DR before...

The "personal driver" you have...is it just when you visit for a few weeks at a time?

Is it just a friend of yours? Or someone you hire each time you are there? How much do you pay them? (if you don't mind my asking)

I am down on business and my driver is provided for me.

I see no problem with the 140-180 pesos it co$t$ to move about SD in an Apolo Cab....but then, while my GF uses them, it is rare I have to.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dear "Go Sit"....

You NEVER heard of a Dominican making up a "Story" to "Save Their ass"???

"Ladies And Gentlemen Of DR1, an "Alien Life Form" walks amoung us in the DR!!!!!"

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
It doesn't only happen in the DR... these stories ABOUND in NYC !!

Hey... they probably were FROM NYC... jajajaj