Taxi jams continue in Punta Cana

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I saw a guy riding a Motoconcho from POP to Sosua, the carry-on was safety kept between both passenger and and motorist.

JJ

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
You can always use Uber, let's say you landed at STI walk outside the airport facility and board your taxi...
You are in Playa Dorada, walk to the entry gate and catch up with your syber Taxi over there.
Is the law in DR, stay out of trouble with taxi union.

JJ
Haha. DR makes the easy ridiculous. This is the problem…these idiots (the brutes in the sindicata)have no clue..so use mafia tactics and voila the government tries to make nice so they have no riots in the street and meanwhile people just want to use the carservice of their choice. Here unfortunately they give you a complaining taxista or get ready to walk or fight your way over to wherever the Uber may be.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Uber is trying to be a Monopoly, they already took over Taxi business in the US.
Hope the sindicates block them up from doing the same in DR.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Emitaxi Santiago DR ofer transportation from STI download the app, same like Uber but Taxi cabs that are affiliated to FETAXI - Federación de taxistas de Santiago.

JJ

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Uber is trying to be a Monopoly, they already took over Taxi business in the US.

JJ
How do you figure .
The TAXI Union has been the MONOPOLY, and controlling the prices with Fixed Rates with their $25- $40 Prices

Uber, ( who I do not use so I am not defending them ) are Introducing COMPETITION.. at a LOWER PRICE
This is the exact opposite of a Monopoly..
How exactly are they operating at this Lower Price, THAT is the real question and Mystery , because supposedly Uber takes 30% off the top and then even charge an additional FEE to the Drivers if there is a Cancellation ?

How in the world can a Driver Make money at $11 a ride, Minus $3
this is a big Mystery .

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
I use Taxis.
Never had a problem.
Uber is a problem in a lot of countries not just here in the DR.
CristoRey. I agree But in many other countries Uber is in the large cities (locals?)perhaps not the “bread and butter” of most of the economy of that particular region. As we discuss Punta Cana, i.e 100% tourist oriented
I believe these tactics of the brutes that make up this taxi union(?) to threaten competition will ultimately come back to haunt you. Message to taxistas…Stop harassing and insulting people who have decided to come to your country. Bottom line…more very bad press for DR.

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
How do you figure .
The TAXI Union has been the MONOPOLY, and controlling the prices with Fixed Rates with their $25- $40 Prices

Uber, ( who I do not use so I am not defending them ) are Introducing COMPETITION.. at a LOWER PRICE
How exactly are they operating at this Lower Price, THAT is the real question and Mystery , because supposedly Uber takes 30% off the top and then even charge an additional FEE to the Drivers if there is a Cancellation ?

this is a big Mystery .
How do you figure .

this is a big Mystery .
Please don’t be comparing Uber to the taxi union here.., i think the people here need to make their feelings known. It is they who are gourged by the taxistas. Tis true.

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita

JJ
Get your research straight…No one has taken over taxi business in US. But Uber has certainly changed the way the public can find transportation rather quickly.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Get your research straight…No one has taken over taxi business in US. But Uber has certainly changed the way the public can find transportation rather quickly.
They should all be held to the same standards regardless of what name(s) they operate under. This includes rules, licensing, registration and fees.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Is Uber now allowed PAST the Guard Shack , to the Pickup area at PUJ ? or are they down the road a ways outside Airport by Wendys ?. ( as everyone seems to say )
so you have to walk a ways ? and have to weigh if this is worth it for you .
Can someone give some first hand info on this .. yes $11 is a lot better than $30

Well that is really the KEY then isnt it ..
There is NO info available that Uber can operate INSIDE the Guard Shack Area. in the pick up area at PUJ .. or can they ?
It would be very easy for an Uber guy to blend in so long as he doesn't have Uber stickers on his car. A Toyota van or GM Tahoe would be completely under the radar.

I do agree with CristoRey in that all drivers should pay equal fees and permits regardless of what flag they fly. If a individual wants to pay into a union/ mafia that's thier problem.

Reactions: Nadie21

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Quickest way is to have a taxi stand at the airport or any other terminals.
I recently landed at RDU 1:00 am there was not taxi there, RDU went out of business.
Thabks God I didn't buy that Medallion when I moved here in Raleigh it was Worth $30K at that time... Now worth nothing.

JJ

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It would be very easy for an Uber guy to blend in so long as he doesn't have Uber stickers on his car. A Toyota van or GM Tahoe would be completely under the radar.

I do agree with CristoRey in that all drivers should pay equal fees and permits regardless of what flag they fly. If a individual wants to pay into a union/ mafia that's thier problem.
I agree on a Toyota Van, but a Tahoe would not be making anything on a trip.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I agree on a Toyota Van, but a Tahoe would not be making anything on a trip.
Three months ago I was in Hard Rock in Bavaro, all the Taxi I saw outside the resort are Tahoe and suburban.

Taxi Turísticos have better vehicles than Uber

JJ

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Three months ago I was in Hard Rock in Bavaro, all the Taxi I saw outside the resort are Tahoe and suburban.

Taxi Turísticos have better vehicles than Uber

JJ
That's what I was saying. Not going to see too many UBERs running around in Tahoes.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Uber Taxi drivers doesn't make money any way, low rate and a big cut from franchiser.
I know about taxi.

JJ

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Uber Taxi drivers doesn't make money any way, low rate and a big cut from franchiser.
I know about taxi.

JJ
I use them all of the time whenever I go to the city. You're absolutely right.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I know about taxi.

JJ
That is why I don't understand how The Uber Business Model could even remotely work in the DR..
$25-30 compared to $11 - 30 % ?? , it just makes no sense whatsoever .
In other countries they ( Uber) gets SUCKERS to Drive for them , sometimes it takes these Newbie Bozos Months to figure out they are not even breaking even when they calculate the TOTAL cost of running their Cars for so many miles . By that time , Uber has 3 new Suckers to replace him ..
In the DR.. there is no way these dudes are is going to FUEL up to Break even.. they just don't have the FRONT money for it .

Reactions: Tonchi and bachata

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
That is why I don't understand how The Uber Business Model could even remotely work in the DR..
$25-30 compared to $11 - 30 % ?? , it just makes no sense whatsoever .
In other countries they ( Uber) gets SUCKERS to Drive for them , sometimes it takes these Newbie Bozos Months to figure out they are not even breaking even when they calculate the TOTAL cost of running their Cars for so many miles . By that time , Uber has 3 new Suckers to replace him ..
In the DR.. there is no way these dudes are is going to FUEL up to Break even.. they just don't have the FRONT money for it .
I am a former international taxi driver and business owner at the same time.
I have made the math for some of my friends who had made the big mistake to drive for Uber.
All the people I know drove for Uber or Lift quit after two month.

JJ