The Burundanga scare is real

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You would like to put some cash up? We can go to the PN and I will prove it........MR. BIG, PUT UP OR SHUT UP......................
lol, let me know where the fountain of youth is located as well. You cannot prove this because it is for amusement.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
lol, let me know where the fountain of youth is located as well. You cannot prove this because it is for amusement.
This happened at the CE office in Bavaro. I guess you have no money. $1,000 or more US and we meet with the girl and go to the PN. Otherwise keep making a fool of yourself............Done with you ............

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
How would the PN KNOW? They weren't there. They're just listening to her story, too.
I always thought this was a scam the girlfriend here uses to tell the Gringo in the United States she got robbed coming out of the exchange house on somebody threw powder in her face how do I know this many girls here have told me they do this often and the Gringo Falls for it

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I always thought this was a scam the girlfriend here uses to tell the Gringo in the United States she got robbed coming out of the exchange house on somebody threw powder in her face how do I know this many girls here have told me they do this often and the Gringo Falls for it
A lot of husbands in Colombia fall for it, too. These girls were definitely drugged, just not by having powder blown in their faces.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
This happened at the CE office in Bavaro. I guess you have no money. $1,000 or more US and we meet with the girl and go to the PN. Otherwise keep making a fool of yourself............Done with you ............
I would bet you, however you might sprinkle some fairy dust on me and empty my bank account. lmao, can you send me a picture of the girl so I can better understand.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
A lot of husbands in Colombia fall for it, too. These girls were definitely drugged, just not by having powder blown in their faces.
I don't believe it either but we are in fairy tale land it's probably a good thing I'm a Loner and dont talk with anyone unless i know you sort of like the unbomber back in his day

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Enough of the bickering! You can believe or disbelieve as you choose, but don't spill this puerile back and forth nonsense all over a news thread.

I will be deleting and giving infractions for any continuation of the silliness and posturing.

Last edited:

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I've spent a lot of time in Colombia and drugging people is pretty darn common and it is always attributed to the burundanga but the truth is that 95% of the time they are using alternate drugs purchased in the farmacia,usually scopolamine and one other but the name escapes me.. I can not speak of what these thieves are using in the DR but my guess is that it is not burundanga.

Reactions: westcan

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I've spent a lot of time in Colombia and drugging people is pretty darn common and it is always attributed to the burundanga but the truth is that 95% of the time they are using alternate drugs purchased in the farmacia,usually scopolamine and one other but the name escapes me.. I can not speak of what these thieves are using in the DR but my guess is that it is not burundanga.
wait so let me get this right they blow powder on you and then you become like a zombie is this correct ?

I know Cyanide compounds can be absorbed through the skin when in a liquid state not too much the powder..

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Scopolamine is also called Devil's breath or burundanga.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Enough of the bickering! You can believe or disbelieve as you choose, but don't spill this puerile back and forth nonsense all over a news thread.

I will be deleting and giving infractions for any contribution of the silliness and posturing.
I don't think it is beneficial to spread unsubstantiated fear that has zero scientific data to support it. No bickering was done Sir. It was just gentleman disagreeing.

Reactions: thompstr

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
They did not blow powder in my friends face as well as she can remember. A woman was whispering a question. My friend leaned in to hear better. She remembers a man came close. Then not much after except she felt like they were her best friends in the world and she would do anything for them. Like wiping out her and husbands savings for retirement in banco Leon. The police got the man (from Columbia and was deported) but never the woman and my friend never never got the money returned.

It happened in Colonial Zone.

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
I don't think it is beneficial to spread unsubstantiated fear that has zero scientific data to support it. No bickering was done Sir. It was just gentleman disagreeing.

¡Basta!
Your behavior in this thread was far from that of a gentleman.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Ok, chemically speaking Scopolamine is used to combat motion sickness or as a precursor to anthesthia and in no way shape or form can it "render a victim incapacitated". It may cause hallucinations in 1 out of 100,000, and for that you would have to have some pre existing allergic condition. It does help with nausea, dizziness and certain anxiety. It's sold in pharmacies. "Burundanga" is a slang word which carries no medical significance. Scopolamine is approx 1/8 as effective as ketamine. So there's that. I think there have been pronoun folks claiming to use it in drinks in discos to render their mates "more agreeable" for non traditional sex.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If scopolamine were so effective, there would have been no need to waterboard those prisoners at Gitmo.

It's medically used to treat motion sickness and nausea. Doctors wouldn't be prescribing it for that if it turned their patients into zombies.

In large dosages, the CIA did experiment with scopolamine as a 'truth drug". It wasn't very effective.