The Burundanga scare is real

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
wait so let me get this right they blow powder on you and then you become like a zombie is this correct ?

I know Cyanide compounds can be absorbed through the skin when in a liquid state not too much the powder..
It's very effective, too. Potassium cyanide is what they used in the gas chambers.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've spent a lot of time in Colombia and drugging people is pretty darn common and it is always attributed to the burundanga but the truth is that 95% of the time they are using alternate drugs purchased in the farmacia,usually scopolamine and one other but the name escapes me.. I can not speak of what these thieves are using in the DR but my guess is that it is not burundanga.
You're probably thinking of rohypnol. It's a commonly used date-rape drug and to rob unsuspecting victims.

Reactions: CristoRey

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
If scopolamine were so effective, there would have been no need to waterboard those prisoners at Gitmo.

Doctors wouldn't be prescribing it for that if it turned their patients into zombies.

In large dosages, the CIA did experiment with scopolamine as a 'truth drug". It wasn't very effective.
Yes, yes and yes, although this is what I was getting at in my above post. I expressly love the fear monger term "zombie"

Reactions: Big

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I had ---- I think---- said bush in my conuco a few years ago. 2 or 3 actually. Picked up somewhere or other when we used to tour the island, stop when we saw a flower/plant that we liked, and asked for a sample.

Anyway they died, well should I say killed off, because they had a parasite infection. Funny thing is the exact same thing happened to the only other tree/bush that I know of, a few ks down the road.

It's a shame or we could of had a " dr1 scientific experience ", since some are so sure it has no effect. 😆😆😆😆
Roots for one dr1ers, flowers for another, and the seeds of the fruit ( seeds are not in the flower ) for the bravest of them all. 😂😂.

Now, I have no idea if this was the plant in question, even though it sure as hell looked like it.
Also I have had comments from people asking/commenting on why I had a psychotropic plant.

P.S. I think I posted pictures here on dr1, the last time we had this discussion, a few years ago. But search engine doesn't come up with anything.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They did not blow powder in my friends face as well as she can remember. A woman was whispering a question. My friend leaned in to hear better. She remembers a man came close. Then not much after except she felt like they were her best friends in the world and she would do anything for them. Like wiping out her and husbands savings for retirement in banco Leon. The police got the man (from Columbia and was deported) but never the woman and my friend never never got the money returned.

It happened in Colonial Zone.
I remember seeing a movie somewhat like that. In the movie, the wife and the robbers ended up divvying up the money and she put it in a secret account.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Devil’s Breath drug, aka burundanga​

The dosing methods and effects on the victims are duly terrifying. But what good is a warning if there is no possible way of protecting against the event? How can one prevent a stranger from blowing a bit of powder in one’s face? Or tainting a card or paper with the dust and showing it to the mark? “Excuse me, do you know this address/store/location?” —and you’re done for.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Lets be honest.
For those of you who've been living down here for more than a few months you know damn well if this "drug" was half as effective as some people claim it is, it would be a major problem in this country given the amount of crooks, thieves, hustlers, scammers and stick up kids running these streets.
Give me a freakin beak.
SMH...

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Lets be honest.
For those of you who've been living down here for more than a few months you know damn well if this "drug" was half as effective as some people claim it is, it would be a major problem in this country given the amount of crooks, thieves, hustlers, scammers and stick up kids running these streets.
Give me a freakin beak.
SMH...
The Dominicans can't even figure out how to make a decent homemade hooch. Yet some group of savvy chemical engineers are synthesizing magic fairy dust from Scopolamine. Somehow it's just as quick as injecting heroin.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey