The Current Expat Mood is ...

yapask1

Jul 23, 2012
gee, guys, lets not turn it into another living costs thread. all i know that all the things i WANT are more expensive here. and the things i NEED are usually cheaper. and i leave it at that.

Yes, plenty of people are attracted by the $300-400 dollars a month living costs in the
DR.

yapask1

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Happy

Well, in the US, days after the Presidential election, the mood of the country is ... like living in a slow motion movie that is made up of sepia tones. Whether this is just me, or whether it is a short term effect remains to be seen.

However, as I have read DR1, it is hard not to notice a similar depression in most threads - a general things are getting worse, not better mood. But, this is not limited to the DR! I get the same thing from my friends in Colombia, and Panama too. Prices are raising, government / corruption is more expansive. In many cases, security is beginning to be an issue too.

So I ask you here: What is your current views on the DR?
- Although not dirt cheap, is the standard of living equal / better than what you would have in the USA dollar for dollar?
- Does the exotic location and living in the moment off set the lack of precision / hussel bussel ?
- Do you see a satus quo, a decline, or an increase in the general outlook of life in the DR?
- AND, over the last 4 years, has expat living decreased - to what degree?

Gracias!

If you think things live is bad now, you should have lived 100-500-1000 years ago.
It's never been better!
The best thing to have is a positive attitude to life, stay healthy, educate yourself and be happy:classic:

Learn from past mistakes and forget religious wars......... now I'm dreaming!!!