The Dominican long pants cultue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Plus, most of the pants and jeans sold here are of a light fabric
lol I dont think so some of the dominican jeans are pretty heavy weight and you rarely see them wearing trousers of a light fabric

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
10150590_836612329760349_3232165854007709307_n.jpg

this was considered casual wear not too long ago in the uk, well actually 50 years lol

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
go and see the dresses displayed in casa colon in SD, worn by diego's wife and her court. that must have been pure torture.

What one wears is up to them except when they need to or want to go to a place that requires a certain dress code, like government offices. I remember when I got my new cedula. There were some tourist types that were dressed in tank top unshaven shorts...etc. I didnt say anything but my first thought was " how disrepectful"

I'm sure they had no idea it was disrespectful. I never thought about what I wore to govt buildings in Canada and had no idea there were such rules here until dr1.

I always bring the appropriate clothes to govt buildings bc I don't want more problems but the wife forgot her past the knee skirt one time in SD and had short shorts on, I have to say I thought they were going to not allow us to proceed but they didn't bat an eye.
She was stopped in a GH public hospital for wearing shorts once and was not going to be allowed to see a friends new born baby after much arguing between the parents and the Security Guard she was allowed in. The Security Guard actually hit her legs with his billy club thing. We had no idea you couldn't wear shorts in a Hospital?!

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
My wife was going to et her new Cedula. She had on a nice top without sleves. She had to borrow a shaw to cover her arms. To each his own.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Agree..to each his/her own..but I do try to be as comfortable as possible. My spouse stopped wearing shorts as did my son a long time ago now that this has been mentioned (and I have to think about it). Go figure. Me, I have no shame..lol...I will be as comfortable as I can be and when needed will dress appropriately..lol (I try)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
She is married and does not give a fukc!
I am sure all that matters is a clean cootchie.
Look dude I know all that and also think la drama queen needs a good f.ing.

My thing is who would you rather step out with? A dressed up lady from la capital with nails to match the belt and sandals or some rag muffin from the north coast. For me, I am getting ready to get dressed. Shower, shave, and clean arse shirt, creased pants, smelling good and taking one of my lady friends out for dinner............. Way of life in la capital

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
because i wear shorts?

Before you close this thread isn't it about men and women dressing according to the so called dress code in la capital and the completely different dress code up on the north coast?

Up north wear whatever you want, here in la capital you dress up. To me plain and simple.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I promise I don't feel uncomfortable in jeans even if it hot. Of course, I prefer dresses during the summer (but see Maxi or Mini feels the same to me).

But, HUG is up to something, may be people with Melanin instinctively hide from the sun,lol. My son got sun-burnt badly last summer in DR playing in the pool within in the couple of days(I was worried about Chikun and forgot about sunscreen :( ) My son is is the darkest one.

Maybe, but I think it's largely a cultural think. In hot weather countries, children wear short pants nearly all the time. Unless they're at the beach, men wear long pants, period. Short pants worn by men is almost exclusively a NA/Euro thing.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
why do you associate shorts and chancle with dirty ass look? i am clean and so are my shorts. i look like a freshly washed tourists.

Yeah, but the word is you're a pretty good looking woman, and can get away with stuff men (of any appearance) can't.

Don't get me wrong, shorts is the FIRST thing I pack when heading to DR, but I also have a few pair of pants for going to non-beachy spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.