The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
no joke!! He is a European guy that does tours, swam up to me twice. I take a plastic bottle filled with bread crumbs and water, when you squirt a little out countless fish show up. Its common practice. He told me it was affecting the ecobalance of the whole reef. You would have thought I was dumping fuel oil and hydraulic fluid

Some of the tree humpers are comical.

Reactions: etolw

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
OMG !! and the environmental-nazis always give me a hard time for feeding the fish with bread crumbs when I am snorkeling by the reef

A joke we like to play on unsuspecting visitors aboard is to have them stuff a couple of dog biscuits in their pockets while snorkeling. Especially when there are yellow tail snapper about.. They will literally attack you to get to the dog biscuits.. Pretty funny to watch. I hope you give the environmental Nazis the one finger salute.. Nothing wrong with what you are doing.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Has anyone witnessed the crap that flows down Rio Sosua after a rain...or a big toilet flush in Maranatha?

Kinda an old article

Reactions: CristoRey

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
You don't even need a rain in Sosua. The beach Squatter Village has open sewers, and there's some Charimico's houses that dump directly into the bay. I haven't been in the water there since I had a condom float by me. I hate it when that happens.
It doesn’t count when it’s your own condom! Your supposed to take it out of your pocket before you go swimming..o_O:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Big

Apr 24, 2019
A joke we like to play on unsuspecting visitors aboard is to have them stuff a couple of dog biscuits in their pockets while snorkeling. Especially when there are yellow tail snapper about.. They will literally attack you to get to the dog biscuits.. Pretty funny to watch. I hope you give the environmental Nazis the one finger salute.. Nothing wrong with what you are doing.
Maybe you know this guy, he shows up on a catamaran with tourists. I do enjoy snorkeling around the reef. Oh and hot dogs work as well.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sosua looks like it always looks this time of year.
If you've ever walked the beach before 8am, long before
this curfew started, you couldn't tell the difference.
Too bad about a fourth of the beach is just rocks now.
Not as pretty now as it was back in 2013 when I lived there.
I wonder which "visitors" he had in mind?

Reactions: Seamonkey

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Sosua looks like it always looks this time of year.
If you've ever walked the beach before 8am, long before
this curfew started, you couldn't tell the difference.
Too bad about a fourth of the beach is just rocks now.
Not as pretty now as it was back in 2013 when I lived there.
I wonder which "visitors" he had in mind?
yea whats with the rocks? I have banged my toe many times. Maybe its the tide shifting the sand, dunno. Hopefully Sosua will be back in action soon

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
yea whats with the rocks? I have banged my toe many times. Maybe its the tide shifting the sand, dunno. Hopefully Sosua will be back in action soon
The reason for the lack of sand has been discussed. I believe in the theory/conclusion found.

Not sure if it was in this thread, or elsewhere. Discussing it once more, not me, boring.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The reason for the lack of sand has been discussed. I believe in the theory/conclusion found.

Not sure if it was in this thread, or elsewhere. Discussing it once more, not me, boring.
My point is with or without the tourist Sosua Bay is beautiful.
Not many places like it on this side of Hispanola..

Reactions: etolw

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
My point is with or without the tourist Sosua Bay is beautiful.
Not many places like it on this side of Hispanola..
Absolutely agreed. As I have posted myself, I like going to Sosua beaches.

You find that a lot of sand has appeared at Playa Alicia. Maybe that is part of the answer. Also the new artificial beach under construction nearby.
But it is hope, lot of sand has been dumped by prevailing currents at Playa Cabarete recently, maybe because Rio Yasica once more had water after heavy rain last year. Cabarete also lost a lot of sand during the last years.

Playa Alicia has awesome views. Need to go to Samana for something similar

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Playa Ensenada is very nice , with great food shacks ( best place for Lobster) ... very shallow , if you have kids its awesome.. but so far away .
Im sure you already knew that, but for others who may be interested .
My favourite beach...the trip is a killer from Sosua small towns constant winding roads... new paved rds helped big time on travel..area needs one really nice hotel...

Status
Not open for further replies.