The future of Sosua

El Rey de Mangu

"Everybody's a gangster..."
Sep 22, 2009
I was curious about where they are attempting to widen the road to 4 lanes as was the original plan from Puerto Plata all the way to Nagua.
A plan that is hard to accomplish in the three sections of Sosua let alone through Cabarete Center.

And someone brings up the spandexed porcine panderers of the pavement in Sosua for which some are pining.
Knowing the roads well, no idea how from Cabrera to Nagua this will be accomplished. There's literally no room for "most" of that stretch. @william webster ? Big Willy?

william webster

Jan 16, 2009
The new pavement Cabrera-Nagua is quite wide... not 4 lanes
but does allow the unique Dominican 3 abreast w/ a moto on each shoulder

The DR equivalent of a 5 lane road

Now explain me why the toll road a wide 2 lane - not 4

This 4 lane concept includes a Cabarete - Gasping H - Playa Grande - Cabrera- Payita
bypass road - up on the hill
That would reunite Playa Grande's 2400A .... not split by #5 any more
Something they might 'appreciate'

habi

Oct 17, 2015
I was curious about where they are attempting to widen the road to 4 lanes as was the original plan from Puerto Plata all the way to Nagua.
A plan that is hard to accomplish in the three sections of Sosua let alone through Cabarete Center.

And someone brings up the spandexed porcine panderers of the pavement in Sosua for which some are pining.
From where you got the 4 lanes from Puerto Plata to Nagua ? Never did hear or read anything about that...
4 Lanes from Puerto Plata to Navarete yes but... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

windeguy

Jul 10, 2004
From where you got the 4 lanes from Puerto Plata to Nagua ? Never did hear or read anything about that...
4 Lanes from Puerto Plata to Navarete yes but... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
It was indeed mentioned by the government that the road from Puerto Plata to Nagua was going to be 4 lanes, impossible as that seems.

Trying to find that detail in past DR1 posts might be possible for those so inclined.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
It was indeed mentioned by the government that the road from Puerto Plata to Nagua was going to be 4 lanes, impossible as that seems.

Trying to find that detail in past DR1 posts might be possible for those so inclined.
Never mind, if you say so...
Anyway, 4 lanes to Nagua for what? Soon you pass Cabarete or latest after the crossroad in Sabaneta there is not a lot of traffic going on. Sure not enough to justify 4 lanes...
Just my 2 Pesos... :geek:

Reactions: JDJones

ctrob

Nov 9, 2006
Never mind, if you say so...
Anyway, 4 lanes to Nagua for what? Soon you pass Cabarete or latest after the crossroad in Sabaneta there is not a lot of traffic going on. Sure not enough to justify 4 lanes...
Just my 2 Pesos... :geek:
Future traffic. It would make POP airport accessible for more development East of Cab.

Reactions: windeguy

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I always found pub trivia to be quite entertaining. Bingo not so much. B-4....or after.
I find talking to expats quite entertaining and I don`t have to always pay attention. My bingo game sucks because if you miss your number, they won`t call it again.

windeguy

Jul 10, 2004
With all of the interest Sosua generates on this forum and the love given to Willy over the former mayor, nobody knows what he said yesterday?

Was it about cruise ships and family tourism?

jd426

Dec 12, 2009
Chic talked to much. Didnt shut up for 2 min. Not worth my time.
She is so annoying ... but its so bad that like a Car accident, you have to look ....
...another person who has an amazingly overinflated sense of Self worth ..you tube vlogger .
Willy the pimp.this has come full circle,the woman who filmed it,is a half wit.

She in her own right is SO bad, that she comes full circle to almost being entertaining .....

She actually tried to start a " Dating service" .. you can not make this stuff up.
and that was after possibly the Shortest Run of trying to Own a Restaurant in Sosua , ever ..

Yes, Willy is a Natural Born PIMP.. Long live Mayor Willy .
I think he is the only Person who can bring Sosua back to Life ..and still comply with whatever regulations they throw at him with respect to the Girls on the street.

Reactions: CristoRey and Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
She is so annoying ... but its so bad that like a Car accident, you have to look ....
...another person who has an amazingly overinflated sense of Self worth ..you tube vlogger .

She in her own right is SO bad, that she comes full circle to almost being entertaining .....

She actually tried to start a " Dating service" .. you can not make this stuff up.
and that was after possibly the Shortest Run of trying to Own a Restaurant in Sosua , ever ..

Yes, Willy is a Natural Born PIMP.. Long live Mayor Willy .
I think he is the only Person who can bring Sosua back to Life ..and still comply with whatever regulations they throw at him with respect to the Girls on the street.
I chuckled when I saw her tattoos and 1987 perm hairstyle

Reactions: JDJones and jd426