The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Ya ok! I see your head in clouds still..25 % unemployment get a job tomorrow...
If someone in the US wants a job there are plenty, if you are a non ambitious slug stay at home and play video games. Sosua has few options, however the island has plenty

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Are you talking about the Boca Chica I know - the one in the Dominican Republic? It's hard to recognise from your description.
Members of the government. Generals. Movie and modelling stars, famous bachateros, etc. Seen here on a regular basis. East of Hamaca of course. Never seen even a single one in Sosua.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Members of the government. Generals. Movie and modelling stars, famous bachateros, etc. Seen here on a regular basis. East of Hamaca of course. Never seen even a single one in Sosua.

I assume you are talking about Boca Marina and/or Neptune. Yes high end clientele from the capital frequent those places however I would hardly consider 2 (or maybe more) restaurants to BE Boca Chica in general.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
I assume you are talking about Boca Marina and/or Neptune. Yes high end clientele from the capital frequent those places however I would hardly consider 2 (or maybe more) restaurants to BE Boca Chica in general.
Correct. I am talking about nice clean decent part of BC. And about decent people. Not about a seedy ghetto.

• Haha
Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I used to recommend Boca Chica to
people I didn't like but I stopped doing
it because I didn't want someone to wind
up getting hurt down there for taking my
advice.
now thats funny. B.C can be a little spicy!

Sep 22, 2009
Rednight has repeatedly openly stated that he wants all the Putas Gone, and all the Beach shacks gone... and " nice" buildings built , just like back home where he comes from..
makes you wonder why some people even got on a plane to begin with
Only creepy US and Euro folk romanced the open pUta and palm tree dream that was Soshua. The rest live in normal areas and know where to find premium brands without contracting something that you need penecillin or acyclovir to treat. I guess if you still want to do a pub trivia or bingo night with your poorly-dentured compadres, then Sosua is still there for you!

Reactions: RDKNIGHT

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Only creepy US and Euro folk romanced the open pUta and palm tree dream that was Soshua. The rest live in normal areas and know where to find premium brands without contracting something that you need penecillin or acyclovir to treat. I guess if you still want to do a pub trivia or bingo night with your poorly-dentured compadres, then Sosua is still there for you!
I could not agree with you more. Those European and
American men are disgusting. To suggest Dominican
men would ever do such a thing would be flat out lying.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Rednight has repeatedly openly stated that he wants all the Putas Gone, and all the Beach shacks gone... and " nice" buildings built , just like back home where he comes from..
makes you wonder why some people even got on a plane to begin with
it's a sessa pool for DR Disgrace....its for people who have to pay for sex because they can't get any action where they resided with fist full of hundreds ..
that's why you liked it makes you feel good getting some action.... Bulldozer it start over again... clean it up

Big

Apr 24, 2019
it's a sessa pool for DR Disgrace....its for people who have to pay for sex because they can't get any action where they resided with fist full of hundreds ..
that's why you liked it makes you feel good getting some action.... Bulldozer it start over again... clean it up
lol, A couple things. I can think of 40 towns that need to be razed before Sosua, Cesspool , yes the town does need a modern sewage system. Finally a bulldozer is not used to knock down buildings, ever!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
lol, A couple things. I can think of 40 towns that need to be razed before Sosua, Cesspool , yes the town does need a modern sewage system. Finally a bulldozer is not used to knock down buildings, ever!
Good point. There are plenty of tin-shack barrios around the country that would be better off demolished and rebuilt. The town of Sosua is a good example of solid construction compared to them.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Then you didn't see what happened on the stretch from what used to be El Rocon heading east up to where the Kite Hotels are several years ago. The squatters along that ocean front stretch were warned to pack up and leave by a certain date. They expected nothing would happen. Instead they were surprised by a HUGE bulldozer that made quick work of even 2 story cement block homes that used to be there. Everything was down within a day and the area was cleaned up as if no one was ever there within a week. I never saw such fast work in the DR. A bulldozer may have been the wrong tool for the job, but it sure worked just fine.

And I never smelled tear gas before, which was used to quell a somewhat rowdy and resistant crowd who didn't like their ocean front homes destroyed. . We headed to Sosua for the day until that job was done. Getting such a huge bulldozer onto Sosua beach could be problematic. The change to Sosua beach has been a long time in coming. CV-19 is causing yet another delay.

Reactions: ctrob

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
There hundreds of city blocks with the same exact atmosphere as Sosua,
scattered across this country. Only difference is Sosua has a beach and caters to gringos in addition to Dominicans.

Reactions: Big
Status
Not open for further replies.