The next measures for Covid-19

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Gustavo-Montalvo-2-Presidencia-1024x683.jpeg

The coordinator of the High Commission for Coronavirus, Presidency Minister Gustavo Montalvo announced the Ministry of Public Health would issue a resolution with the new measures in effect. Over the weekend, a document circulated on social media with statements on dispositions in a Resolution 0018 of the Ministry circulated. Public Health Minister Rafael Sánchez Cárdenas was scheduled to speak at 4pm of Saturday announcing the measures, but this was canceled. The government has confirmed the end of the curfew on 30 June 2020, yet the document that circulated indicates recreational and social activities are banned after 8pm under Public Health Law 42-01.  

The notice from the Ministry of Public Health that has circulated has confirmed that the country continues in Phase 2 of the reopening. Montalvo did not deny the document’s veracity when making the announcement that...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ctrob

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Phase 2, would imply beaches are still closed. At least to me, I could be wrong.

But as is typical, manana we might find out what should already have been stated clearly and was not.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I repeat my question in the legal forum: Are these measures of continued limitations on human rights by the health minister legal?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Phase 2 did not have airports open, so this is Phase 2 with airports. How much sense does that make?

Pictures on FB show a political rally in POP yesterday with nobody wearing facemasks jammed shoulder to shoulder and nuts to butts.

Reactions: Bundel2014

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Phase 2 did not have airports open, so this is Phase 2 with airports. How much sense does that make?

Pictures on FB show a political rally in POP yesterday with nobody wearing facemasks jammed shoulder to shoulder and nuts to butts.

I have stopped trying make sense of things here a long time ago... What I focus on is trying to figure out what is the best course of action for us nothing else...

Yes, it was indeed nice to note that we're still supposedly in Phase 2 and there was Danilo and Gonzalo happily going around with masses of people celebrating... At the same time, 700-800 new cases just yesterday...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Excellent. Thats good news.
GaryExpat tells me
the PP malecon was packed.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I repeat my question in the legal forum: Are these measures of continued limitations on human rights by the health minister legal?
Äpparently its a law.
Do they just make this
cräp up as they gõ?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Äpparently its a law.
Do they just make this
cräp up as they gõ?
Makes me wonder why they went through all the BS with a State of Emergency if this could have been done without it?

Just to have that curfew time for a while?

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
Makes me wonder why they went through all the BS with a State of Emergency if this could have been done without it?

Just to have that curfew time for a while?
So the government could affect procurement and spending without going through parliament.

Reactions: habi