The "NORTH SHORE", Is Coming BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
This thread started with CCCCcccc talking about the North Coast. (He only sees the North Coast about once a year remember that ;)

And then we narrowly escaped the stories about women for pay into the next greatest topic on the North Coast ... If you cannot talk about women, talk about real estate! Then, rental prices ... Then rent rather than purchase or the other way around.

Then AK74's CD!

I wonder where we are going to end up?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
For me a decision between renting a top notch ultra-modern beachfront appartment that I am renting now for $1000/month and buying it for $300 000 like the owner offered me (including all taxes and lawyer fees and closing cost) is a no-brainer.
I rent a well-built, 2-story modern home, 5000+sf, 6BR, 6.5BA, multiple balconies, terraces and covered porches on a walled, electronically gated, 2 driveway, 1 acre fully landscaped lot on the nicest, cleanest street in Jarabaoca for $1300 a month. The owner will sell it to me if I want for US$1,000,000. She built it for RD$25,000,000 7-8 years ago. Chip has been there.

Why would I ever want to buy?

There are a LOT of fabulous rental deals out there. And under DR law, the tenant has most rights in the process.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Off topic, but just curious about something.... is AK47 and rio2003 the same dude.....read post #37,40 and 42 for clues.
Hint...the thing about leaving money in London or New York banks.

I'm no Sherlock Holmes but have fun trying:cheeky:

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
AK74 does throw it out there. He doesn't even pay taxes on the $300K CD. He is special.

Not exactly. AK74 does not any CD deposit.

The point was to demonstrate that when a person has funds to buy RE in DR much safer and economical option will be to rent instead.

Anyway seems a bit strange to see this much irritation directed at a person expressing his opinion that goes contrary to what RE agents preach.
No prob.

There is no reason to worry this much, gents!

Only small part of fresh expats read DR1. The majority of those naive Continental passengers will be more than happy to buy from you at your prices.

They gona have reality check only years and years later. When they will try to sell.

Relax. Life is cool. A new sucker is born every minute!

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Off topic, but just curious about something.... is AK47 and rio2003 the same dude.....read post #37,40 and 42 for clues.

I'm no Sherlock Holmes but have fun trying:cheeky:

Yep! Busted! True, we are the same!

Congats on your brain, intelligence and smart, Sir!

Beer on me!

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Don't give up the day job! :cheeky: I have met rio2003 & can confirm she is a woman. Whereas AK74 I'm assuming is the poster 'batich' as was. Yes? No?

Objection!

We am not woman! I are man!

If sir said we am same - it is it.
Sir is smart. He knows good!

Ciao!

rio74
(a.k.a. AK2003)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Don't give up the day job! :cheeky: I have met rio2003 & can confirm she is a woman. Whereas AK74 I'm assuming is the poster 'batich' as was. Yes? No?

Egg on my face....I guess the fact she answered for AK74 on what DavidZ said on his reply to what AK74 said....errrr you get the drift.....its late better hit that pillow..

batich the fella with the wine tasting thingy and the natural yogurt concoction....yea

Last edited:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I am me and only me!

Absolutely not, I can assure you! I am a laydee, a Brit and it just so happened that I agreed with some but not all of what he said, for my own personal reasons. I thought that was allowed on a DISCUSSION thread.

As for the money being invested in London Banks, DavidZ was twisting MY posting on "finding a home" for my financial investment in the UK, AK74 never mentioned UK banks. Why does it always have to be London, I live in the North of England where the odd financial institution has been known to exist!

;)

Rio

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"IT" Depends If You Are a Dominican,Or, An "EXPAT"!

The "Basic" Dominican does not look at owning a house as an investment! They look at it as an "Insurance Policy"! Dominicans see "Life",as a continuing series of "Ups & Downs",mostly "Downs"! Sooooooooooooooooooooooo,if you own your own house,you and your family have a place to live during the "Downs"! Dominicans have no money in their "pocket",much less in a savings account! They can always get something to eat,but breaking up the family to live with different relatives is not their "Option" of choice. We "Foreigners" look at our houses as a place to live,until we sell it and move someplace else. We get a job 2,000 miles away,sell the house,and "Away we go"! We hope we sell for more than we bought. Or we look at our house as an investment that we live in until we sell it,and move to Arizona,or Florida. That is NOT on a Dominicans mind!
Dominicans just want a house for them and then for their children to always have a roof over their head!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
In case nobody has noticed,rents are going up every year,the two bdrm. I rented 5 yrs ago for $350 per month is now renting for $600 per month.(costambar) a two bdrm.I could have bought 5 yrs. ago for us$55,000 sold for $85,000.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
In case nobody has noticed,rents are going up every year,the two bdrm. I rented 5 yrs ago for $350 per month is now renting for $600 per month.(costambar) a two bdrm.I could have bought 5 yrs. ago for us$55,000 sold for $85,000.

Top-notch ultra modern beach front one-bedroom in extra prime location that I rented four years ago for $900/month I am renting now for $900/month.

Asking sell price is $300 000 US. So considering interest+ principal I need to live in it forty years just to get even (in case if I buy it now).

The building will deteriorate and will be demolished way before that.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The building will deteriorate and will be demolished way before that.

AK74:

I read a few of your posts, I noticed the glass is ALWAYS 1/2 empty, Is everything in your life Doom and Gloom? Your grey outlook on life really gets old after a while. I know quite a few expats that have actually bought and sold real estate, land and condos and profited with very little head ache.

tambo'

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I very much doubt that your rental rate will stay the same for 40 years. Something not factored into your equation. For you, it is better to be renting now. In five years, the long term outlook could change.

More likely, the owner will die during these five years and his heirs will sell it for $100G to get a quick buck to party.

Or I die and my heirs will be parting on my cash.

Both scenarios are good. The one that is not good - me dead with all my life savings gone to the seller and my appartment gone to be sold at a fire sale price at mercy of some corrupt RE agent.